It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elder Bush will not attend Kennedy funeral

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Thanks for the acknowledgement. Sadly I did have to drop my standards and sacrifice my integrity. It seems the only way to survive around here. I've concluded that if you are going to wrestle with pigs, you have to drop to their level and get a little dirty.

A far as being a hypocrite, I love it, no I hate it.

Regarding your attack on me:
As of last count, there are roughly 6 billion inhabitants of planet earth.
Since you are but one of the 6 billion mites traveling on a cinder through the vastness of space and despite advances in nano technology the importance of your insignificant opinion of me is unmeasurable.

Did you have anything to offer On Topic or was it just a drive-by?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Is there a need for him to attend?
Also, is there a need for you to poke your nose in his business?
Is there a need for anyone to give a *Snip*

I didn't think so...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/30/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't want George at my wake...

And if the role were reversed maybe it would be the other way around with Tedward.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Actually he showed up for JFK's funeral early on the grassy knoll!

I mean what would be the point when you weren't responsible for planting this one?

There is no love lost between the Bush and Kennedy clans.

The idle rich have their idle pass times.

I don't think Ted showed up to Mary Jo's funeral either but instead was in a great hurry to leave and not come back.

Every human life has a value but some people simply aren't very human.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This shows a lack of class and lack of respect?

I think it shows a lack of class to show up.

Respect for Kennedy?

You couldn't pay me enough to attend. He was a traitor. He was working deals AGAINST our military.

He was known as the Master of Compromise. That's taking pure water and muddy water an mixing the two. Not exactly something to be proud of.

I don't know if they'll bury him in his pants or not. He could never keep them on before.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
That's taking pure water and muddy water an mixing the two. Not exactly something to be proud of.

we will keep that in mind while discussing Healthcare...

Its nice to hear someone call it like it is.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
Talk about arrogant disrespect!

I think that is just one of the most inappropriate things I have seen in some time now. I guess that tells you just the sort of people he and Barbara are! One can only hope that someone will snub his funeral, or dance on his freaking grave! There is no way that this is right, no matter what former POTUS should be there, all of them!

Ted Kennedy was a murdering punk who should have spent the last 40 years in prison instead of the Senate. I would say kudos to the former President Bush. Kennedy deserves NOBODY'S respect.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

For the sake of this discussion, for the moment let's pretend Bush41 is feeling fine and dandy - as much as an 85 year old can feel fine and dandy. Let's pretend he decided he just didn't want to go.

So what?

Bush41 is just an ex-potus. Kennedy was just a senator.
There is NO REASON for any ex-POTUS, or even current POTUS,
to have to go to any funeral of any senator.

Kennedy wasn't a head of state. He wasn't POTUS. He isn't God.
He was just a senator. A famous senator ... but still just a senator.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Let's set the way back machine to the 1980s when Bush41 was VP and Kennedy was still just a senator and a POTUS wannabe. According to Soviet archives, Kennedy was trying to make deals with the Soviets in order to get Reagan/Bush out of office in 1988 so that he (Kennedy) could step in and be POTUS.

Story Here

President Ronald Reagan and Sen. Ted Kennedy were good friends, according to Nancy Reagan. But that didn't stop Kennedy from trying to undercut Reagan ... with a little help from the Soviet Union.

According to Peter Robinson, a research fellow at the Hoover Institution and a former White House speechwriter, Kennedy offered to make a deal with then-Soviet leader Yuri Andropov in 1983.

Robinson, writing for Forbes.com, says Kennedy sent his close friend, former California state Sen. John Tunney, to Moscow with a secret message to Andropov: Help the Democrats battle Reagan in the 1984 presidential election, and in return Kennedy would help Andropov in dealing with Reagan.

More info at the story

So perhaps Bush41 still remembers that, during the Cold War, Kennedy tried to make deals with 'the enemy' in order to get him (Bush41) ousted from office.

Bottom line - Bush41 is old and doesn't feel well. He is just an ex-POTUS. Kennedy was just a senator. They were bitter rivals. There is no reason for Bush41 to go to the funeral. There is no reason that the Kennedys would want him there anyways.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I am eagerly awaiting your next threads "The Pope did not attend Kennedy Funeral" or "Why the Pope sent a standard form letter of condolence to the family?"

Teddy was just a Senator from a powerful and well connected family. Period. He was also a prime example of what is wrong with our political system in DC. The man had 47 years of back room deals with lobbyists and generous contributors under his belt. He was clearly under the influence for the better part of his 47 years. He will be my new poster boy for the enactment of a strict 2 term limit on the Hill.

My condolences to his family of course.

Elder Bush was under no obligation to attend another Camelot funeral.

BTW Kennedy had sent a personal letter to Pope Benedict via personal Obama delivery asking for his prayers regarding his ailing health. He also made attempts to rationalize his tenure in the Senate. Nothing but a canned response from the Vatican. Is this disrespect from the Pope?
Perhaps he should have reconsidered his stance on abortion. Catholic faith eh??

"I was diagnosed with brain cancer more than a year ago and although I continue treatment, the disease is taking its toll on me. I am 77 years old and preparing for the next passage of life. I have been blessed to be part of a wonderful family and both of my parents, particularly my mother, kept our Catholic faith at the center of our lives. That gift of faith has sustained and nurtured and provides solace to me in the darkest hours. I know that I have been an imperfect human being, but with the help of my faith I have tried to right my path. I want you to know Your Holiness that in my nearly 50 years of elective office I have done my best to champion the rights of the poor and open doors of economic opportunity. I have worked to welcome the immigrant, to fight discrimination and expand access to health care and education. I have opposed the death penalty and fought to end war.

"Those are the issues that have motivated me and have been the focus of my work as a United States senator. I also want you to know that even though I am ill, I am committed to do everything I can to achieve access to health care for everyone in my country. This has been the political cause of my life. I believe in a conscience protection for Catholics in the health field and I will continue to advocate for it as my colleagues in the Senate and I work to develop an overall national health policy that guarantees health care for everyone. I have always tried to be a faithful Catholic, Your Holiness, and though I have fallen short through human failings, I have never failed to believe and respect the fundamental teachings of my faith. I continue to pray for God's blessings on you and on our church and would be most thankful for your prayers for me."

wbztv.com...

[edit on 30-8-2009 by jibeho]

[edit on 30-8-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
senator Kennedy made alot of bad mistakes it's true. i can't imagine
anyone on this thread, not doing what ever it took, to save their own
can the same way he did. that's human nature. as far as the elder
bush goes. i was four yrs old when JFK was shot. i remember exactly where i was when it happened. everyone does who was old enough.
not so for GHWB, when ever he is asked that question. he says he
can't remember. how could he forget he was in Dallas? funny thing.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Jibeho,

I thank you for your poignant reply and sincerity. I appreciate your earnest civility and decorum. Regarding the letter from the Pope:

I happened to watch the funeral service from Arlington National Cemetery when the letter was read. It is unfortunate that so far only excerpts have been provided as I anxiously await the full text. In the letter from Kennedy to the Pope he admitted that he was not perfect and had made mistakes in his life which he deeply regretted which played a huge part of devoting his life to public service. A mea culpa of sorts to (in his mind) the highest divine human.

The response from the Pope spoke directly to points made in the letter and did not appear to be a stock reply. It was poignant, deeply profound and exhibited an abundance of grace.

I had started a post about the Obama Pope meeting here with little response.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As was mentioned, Kennedy asked President Obama to personally deliver the letter who was not privy to its contents. It had been widely speculated that the Pope had ignored Mr. Kennedy's communication and the personal reply from the Pope read at the grave site proved otherwise.

But only his GOD can judge him or his life's work. (Admittedly I am a frequent critic of religion and specifically the Catholic church.)

I realize in the course of this thread I have come off as "that guy." I have deep personal reasons why I related to Mr. Kennedy which I will spare you as we shared some common traits, frailties and experiences.

His story is the final Chapter of an era. Only his GOD will decide his redemption.

Should it turn out that former President Bush is of good health and sound mind I will continue to consider it inappropriate he did not attend. If he is weak, frail or sick, I wish him a speedy recovery. I'm over it. What's done is done. And as such like so much in life, it's too late.

I suppose like many things, the interpretation of respect and disrespect is subjective.
While decency and respect may not be moral obligations, to me they are noble options.

Sorry if you deem this was a crummy thread, they all can't be beauty queens.

Thank you all for participating. I truly value your opinions.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kuriousJUST a Senator? Give me a break. He was an American Icon worthy of a Presidential eulogy.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

Hitler was a German Icon....should we praise him? Should we have given him a nice funeral, and said nice things about him?

Ted Kennedy was a tyrant and a murder (Mary Jo).

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks FlyersFan. This is exactly what I was referring to when I said Ted Kennedy was a traitor.

You don't offer to make underhanded deals with foreign governments for personal benefit. You do, and normally that's called treason.

Ted Kennedy was a crooked, lying, opportunist who had a much higher opinion of himself than was justified.

Any one of us did the same things he did? We'd be in prison for life three times over, and in an era just a few decades removed, we'd have been shot.

He was a wealthy man, but oddly, it was working men's money he was so free with and gave away.

A hero of the poor? At worker's expense, none of his own.

A hero of labor? No - backroom deals for votes.

You could smell his BS through the TV, it was so strong.

He broke the first rule of Bulschitting. Never start believing your own bulschitt.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

That is quite interesting. I was unaware they allowed traitors to be buried in Arlington National Cemetery. I had always assumed it was reserved for American patriots.

(Notwithstanding the funeral procession route through the streets of Washington DC
observed by thousands with a stop at the Capitol and burial with full military honors.)

Traitor.........not.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i wouldnt have gone either, the guy was a murderer... we hold him and continue to hold him in such high esteem... america should be ashamed..

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Well, I was unaware that manslaughter was unpunishable either.

I was unaware that leaving the scene of a deadly accident was unpunishable either.

I was unaware that a sitting Senator offering security deals with KGB heads for the purpose of defeating a sitting President was not called treason.

You see, the rules don't apply to Kennedy.

So yes, they do bury traitors in Arlington.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Thanks for the further illumination.

So Senator Kennedy was guilty but was never punished for a crime he was never charged or convicted for and the United States of America buries traitors in American Veteran cemeteries. (I reckon he was guilty in your court of public opinion in lieu of the American justice system.)

Gosh, I’m an obvious failure of the American education system. (All those student loans and summer jobs wasted.) All that incorrect history I studied and researched.

A link or two regarding the Commie sympathizer claim would be appreciated however upon a precursory review of your last 50 posts, I see you never provide any. Not your style.

Just divisive vitriolic dribble. Reminds me of that clear liquid that oozes from a bottle of mustard before the yellow substance arrives. Unfortunately, it never does show up.

Thanks for your keen incite. (sic)

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I find your blind, one-sided preferences in this matter to be similar to the brownish liquid one finds frequently splashed behind the toilet in a diahrrhea ward.

You must be a Kennedy.

My condolences. Not for your loss, but for your station.

If you want further details on Ted's underhanded offers to the former KGB, look it up for yourself. It's available.

If you want the truth. Which I don't expect.

He was a sorry as the day is long. Kennedy, Kerry, and Barney Frank. That's a hell of a lineup from one little state.

You'd have to scour fifteen other states to find that sorry of a group.

But things are improving.

Kennedy is now gone.

And good riddance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join