It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elder Bush will not attend Kennedy funeral

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
what does it really matter who attends a funeral?

token second line.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
the only living vice-president not invited....dick cheney....even dan quayle was invited and attended. i guess they didn't want the church to spontanously combust.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Hmmm. I thought you were not a big fan of MSM.

I'm not. I'm just telling ya ..... they media said that he wasn't feeling well enough to attend .. that he called the Kennedys and said that his son ('W') would be attending to represent the family.

I have no idea if it's true.
The guy is 85 years old so I have no doubt it could be.

Frankly ... I simply don't care if he goes - why or why not

It's not like Kennedy was the head of state or anything. He was just a senator who was the brother of a president and who ran for office and failed to get in. And Bush41 is just an ex-POTUS and a really old guy.

I dont' think it matters one way or the other if he goes ...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Not surprising, the younger bush never met the coffins of our American Soldiers coming back home either.

The Bush's all of them suck. They are arrogant and service to self morons.

Just like Teddy "The Chappaquiddick Kid" Kennedy.

Funny aint it?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepSea
Well don't we know there are rumours George Bush Sr. was somehow involved in a "special treatment" of JFK. Which explains a lot. No real fun to attend a funeral with his relatives under such circumstances. Someone might act in an undesired way at the wrong moment.

Bingo! I guess that would kind of equate to a gesture of respect, perhaps Bush 41's heart isn't as black as I thought. Can you imagine...the atmosphere, the tension in the air if he would have shown up at the ceremony!?

I heard GWB looked pretty nervous as well, I don't blame him.

I could care less honestly though, every politician mentioned in this thread has blood on their hands somehow, so why does it matter if one of them doesn't attend anothers funeral?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
the only living vice-president not invited....dick cheney....even dan quayle was invited and attended. i guess they didn't want the church to spontanously combust.

I think you may be on to something there, hah!

Cheney wouldn't make it past the bowls of holy water at the entrance...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Ted (Swimmer) Kennedy didn't even attend the funeral of his own sister, and some are criticizing Bush for not attending the funeral of some overrated Senator?

Ted Kennedy (and I'm not defending his prior actions) didn't attend his sister's funeral because at the time he was dying from cancer.

Which is probably the same reason Bush Sr. is not attending his funeral, because he is ill. He is an old man and has had some rough times lately.

Those who feel it is a sign of disrespect, I would beg to differ. Bush Jr. is going to be there, so I'm sure if Bush Sr. was in a good enough state to make an appearance he would be there as well. When you get old and fall ill, you can't just run around the country to attend every event. It could literally be the death of you.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hello, friends:

I am not here to kill the thread. I am simply here to express my opinion It could very well be that the elder Bush is ill, not feeling up to all the public commotion on this day so he opted out. He's not a young man anymore, neither is the wife. Jr. was there representing his family and i thought that was a nice gesture on his part.

There is no need to count heads, thats petty. He got plenty of respect and a beautiful sendoff that he most definatly deserves due to his public office and service to our country for many years.

May he rest in peace and i dont know if Massachusetts will ever see the likes of him again.

At the end of the day he was just a man, faults and all, who made it his business to help those less fortunate, and provide many services to my state. He wasnt a perfect human being, nobody ever said he was. The judgement will be in heaven and its not for any of us to judge another human being. We are faulty too.
R.I.P.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
As mentioned before, I would TOTALLY RETRACT any and all criticism should it turn out
(as others have speculated) that the elder Bush is not well.

However try as I might I cannot find ANY basis for such a claim. Heck he skydived about 2 months ago and gave a Press Briefing where he appeared lucid, healthy and able bodied. (I provided link in earlier post.)

And then this statement from his Staff:

Asked if the senior Bush's health is OK, the source said, "rest assured all is well," reports CBS News White House correspondent Peter Maer. Following their long tradition, George and Barbara Bush are spending the summer at Kennebunkport, Maine.

(Emphasis by me)

CBS NEWS SOURCE

Many seem to have no problem with the apparent snub. I feel otherwise.

(For the record, I am well aware that former President Clinton did not attend the late Senator Strom Thurmond's funeral in which then Senator Biden gave the eulogy. But that is not germane to this thread.)

Honestly, I'm not attempting to flog a dead horse. But this IS political news and we are on a conspiracy site.

Regards...Kurious

[edit on 29-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Maybe the Kennedy family asked him not to come out of respect to them on account of Bush senior being responsible for the JFK assassination.

I mean, pretty cold to show up to the funeral of the guy whose brother you killed.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Why so much emphasis on father Bush????

Who cares, and again, i say, in most circles, one member of the family attending such an event is enough. I recall seeing George and his bride.

TED KENNEDY was NOT, i repeat, NOT a head of state.

You are beating a dead horse.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Many seem to have no problem with the apparent snub. I feel otherwise.

If both Bushes had chosen to skip the funeral, I could see your point. But the Bushes are represented. Furthermore the elder sent his apologies and his condolences.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Typically as a show of unity and decorum it would seem appropriate given Sen. Kennedys stature. If Bush Sr.is actually in good health as others claim despite the statement from his staff,why the snub?

Perhaps as others have suggested there is a JFK assassination connection?

A mutual business acquaintance of our family recently passed. I did not skip the funeral because my brother went. I attended out of respect.

I question things. I'm curious. Haven't you noticed?

Besides, things are not always as they seem.

If I shouldn't question things because of other people's opinion, then I'm in the wrong place I suppose.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well, i appreciate the respect you feel towards Ted, however, i dont think the fact that father Bush did not attend, should consume you.

Hey, how about this, Jack Nicholson was there!!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Coming from you, that is good enough.

I respect you too much to dicker quibble. Regards.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Maybe the Elder Bush said, "Screw it! I couldn't stand the jerk when he was alive and I'm not going to piss away my weekend at his freakin' funeral now that he's dead."

Then he kicked back in his living room and watched cartoons all day.

Rock on.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Maybe the Elder Bush said, "Screw it! I couldn't stand the jerk when he was alive and I'm not going to piss away my weekend at his freakin' funeral now that he's dead."

Then he kicked back in his living room and watched cartoons all day.

Rock on.

Perhaps. Or maybe just hung out by the pool.

www.tmz.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Nothing like a good FogHorn LegHorn Marathon to keep ME indoors.

More power to him.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by elevatedone
Maybe he's ill or something and the family didn't want to have it known to the public?

One can only hope.

At least I'll have some wonderful words for him cut and pasted from the Ted Kennedy thread should the old bastard croak.

Congatulations! You descended to the level of those whom you criticize for the same thing. Funniest thing about it is that your not even bright enough to realize it!

What's it like being a hypocrite?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I thought snobbery was an English thing, yet some posters are saying that Bush senior, or presumably any other POTUS was not required to attend because Edward Kennedy was never a president, but he was was an elder statesman with many years standing! that should be worth some respect from all political sources. You have to presume that neither Bush seniors were fit to attend, or were not welcome as can happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join