It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elder Bush will not attend Kennedy funeral

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepSea

Yeah, that's gotta be it. Its been FORTY SIX YEARS. Those Kennedy's are awfully patient, apparently.

Sigh...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Edward (Sandwich) Kennedy was a real SOB. His whole political career he took money from taxpayers and gave it to no good slobs who didn't work and didn't deserve a damn thing. His experiences with sexual assault, murder, and drug abuse were never met with negative consequences, but further glorification of the man. I personally dont blame George Bush Senior for not attending his funeral because I wouldn't either.

P.S. I say these things with such conviciton because no one else has the guts to do so. They are all afraid that their "reputation" will be ruined, but me I speak my mind as well as the truth.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yes, one might imply that since he GHWB was most likely heavily involved with the death of the deceased's nephew(s) he might avoid the funeral and its procession like the veritable plague.

edit for grammarrrrrr

[edit on 29-8-2009 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I doubt he's even invited.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
Edward (Sandwich) Kennedy was a real SOB. His whole political career he took money from taxpayers and gave it to no good slobs who didn't work and didn't deserve a damn thing. His experiences with sexual assault, murder, and drug abuse were never met with negative consequences, but further glorification of the man. I personally dont blame George Bush Senior for not attending his funeral because I wouldn't either.

P.S. I say these things with such conviciton because no one else has the guts to do so. They are all afraid that their "reputation" will be ruined, but me I speak my mind as well as the truth.

He was a politician! Who cares! He's dead, and none of those stinking *snip*will ever do anything for you! They are all liars, murderers, philanderers, cheats, thieves and crooks! LET THEM DIE LIKE FLIES AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE REAL WORLD

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/29/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
June 12th video of Bush Senior Skydiving and subsequent Press Briefing.

Seems pretty healthy. Has his health deteriorated significantly in past 2 months?

BUSH SKYDIVE VIDEO AND INTERVIEW

I welcome any sources to that effect. I could be mistaken, here's a chance to prove me wrong.

Regards...KK

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

That was two months ago. A lot can happen in two months.

My mother was a healthy woman at the age of 53 in December and then got ill and passed away in January.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
JUST a Senator? Give me a break. He was an American Icon worthy of a Presidential eulogy.

He's just a senator.

He's getting a presidential eulogy because the POTUS is a fellow democrat who owes the Kennedys from pulling in many votes due to their endorsement.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Seems pretty healthy. Has his health deteriorated significantly in past 2 months?

Read the article. He threw up in the air according to Bush43.
He could have the flu. He could just be sick. His age could be catching up.
Whatever. The TV news reported he's not well enough to attend.
And considering it's just a senators funeral - he doesn't have to go anyways.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Yeah, that's gotta be it. Its been FORTY SIX YEARS. Those Kennedy's are awfully patient, apparently.
Sigh...

Exactly. That's why they weren't assassinated. Whereas the Kennedys that were wouldn't have been patient at all.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Getting upset over who did or did not attend one funeral on a planet with over 6 billion who are ALL going to die is just petty.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Arrogant disrespect? How do you figure that? The man is 85 years old for crying out loud.

...those years are, last I heard, beginning to catch up to him. I don't think the Kennedy's will mind, why do you?

Arrogant disrespect? Wow...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Flyers I also notice the fanfare for the Kennedy "celebration memorial" you are right they are treating him like a death president.

What a joke, he was nothing more than a senator that was never good enough to be a president.

Seating in the Senate seat all his adult life like a king.

But because we got a Democrat in the White house so all Democrats politicians dying in the next 3 years will have presidential treatment.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Look on the bright side... maybe Mary Jo Kopechne attended the drunks funeral in spirit.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins

Look on the bright side... maybe Mary Jo Kopechne attended the drunks funeral in spirit.

And kicked him where it hurts.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I personally wouldn't stand in line for several hours just to walk past some casket with a flg over it. Closed caskets are a rip off and may as well be empty as they are of life and spirit anyway.

I have to wonder though, how many of those who don't like either Bush will do that anyway, just to get close enough to curse them goodbye? ( NO shoes will be allowed ??)

I had noticed over a year ago when Bush Sr. had broke down and cried at some event. I think he might not be able to control that here either. Yes, he may have many regrets. That was said to be one reason he didn't want to invade Iraq?

My mother absolutely refused to walk up to her husband and my fathers grave site. That's like the grim reaper pointing to it and saying you're next.

Bush Sr. may not have much time himself and a much stronger conscience. He also has had to live with his sons guilt of war and failures as well.

Ted is gone and so will many others very soon.

"NEXT"

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Read the article. He threw up in the air according to Bush43

Oh, are you referring to this quote?

He also made a joke that his father had thrown up his breakfast while in the air.

(The word JOKE BOLDED by me.)

Source

The TV news reported he's not well enough to attend.

Hmmm. I thought you were not a big fan of MSM.

I will happily accept ANY erudite, legitimate source. None yet provided.

If he is ill I will retract any suspicion with respect, If not, I consider it a snub.
(Decorum, Political Etiquette etc.)

Regards....KK

[edit on 29-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Its all good IMHO, its a free country...

Maybe there is some unknown hatred between the Kennedy's and the CIA???

I suspect so considering things

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Why would anyone even WANT Bush at their funeral?

I wouldn't want him at mine....

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Political issue? Maybe it's a religious one. The mass is being held in a Catholic church. We may not be as religious these days but the older generations were and are. My Grandmother didn't attend my wedding 20 years ago because it was held in a Protestant church.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join