It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster Than the Speed of Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I have been thinking again lately and somethineg has crossed my mind. I really would like to know your thoughts on this.

It is undeniable that we can measure the speed of almost everything. I am not sure if we can measure the speed the Earth is flying through the Universe, but we can measure the speed that it rotates and almost every other speed associated with it.

We can measure the speed of a race car, an olympic athlete, a regular person walking, a turle, or anything that we want to.

There are parameters set up for this diagnosis of speed. formulas used to determine the speed relative to stop. But we usually all miss the most important one; the Speed of Life.

All of the measurements have to have an environment to occur in. Life. The rate at which we progress.

When you measure a light beam you have to have a basis for it. If it were going 2 miles an hour, it would be much different, but it would still be moving through time.

At the speed light travels now it can still be measured, so it must still be traveling through the parameters that we live by.

Some may say there are things that move faster, but we can't see them. I can buy that, but they too are moving slower then we live from one instance to the next.

Theoretically, if an object (void of any speed or mass consequences) were to move faster than we live - from moment to moment - what would happen to it.

Would it go back in time, would it cease to exist? If it were so fast that when it left it's start point it moved faster than the smallest measurement of time, what would happen to its existence? You would think that a new measurement of time would have been made by the speed of this object, but if it were to move faster than that too, what would happen to it?

That is what I don't understand. Where would this object be if it moved faster than time elapses? Would it vanish into another dimension, would it create a solid line the size of itself from one side of the universe to the other?

If any of you can help me out with this thought, please, don't hesitate to respond.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I look forward to the responses you will get on this very intriguing question. I am no expert by any means; however, I will give you my thoughts -- which may seem baffling.

I personally do not believe in time. It is an artificial abstract. The reason is, is that all life takes place "in the here and now". It always has. It has never, ever, been anything but now.

Trust me. I have been around for over 60 years, and for every moment of those years it was always "now".

Think about it. Somehow, all of eternity is encapsulated in now.

edit to add: So you can't measure the speed of it, because there isn't any speed to it. It isn't moving. It just is.

[edit on 8/29/2009 by wayno]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Awesome perception, one that does have ties in many of my ideas. Being Now and always now may be what allows things to be measured. The happen in the present, one moment after the next.

The speed at which they occur still happens slower than the speed of now. So another question that could be posed is; how do we measure the speed of now. This would possibly be the cresting point from the reality into the next, or dimension if-you-will.

The only thing that makes Present, past, and future real is the fact that we perceive it. "I think therfore I am". We preceive it, therfore it is. Though we only experience things in the now and always the now another clue to the validity of time is the fact that we age, grow, and everntually die.

If it was always now, wouldn't we live in the same state forever - eternally?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Life ?

HMm i just posted about this... LIFE is not YOU.. and i do not mean that in a bad way.. i just think people for get what the word means.. most people use the word LIFE to describe there own REALITY when its not.

Life is a function it has no "speed" NONE because YOU my little friend make the universe WORK

there is no measurement for the recreation of the universe and thats LIFES job

like the tree, like that cat, like the dog, and YOU all one of the same thing

; )

Do not worry about it. in time you will understand

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

its all IN YOU .. NOT NOW

just wanted to correct you on that..

I know its hard to wrap ones head around it but how your mind works is the very same way the universe was created..

Just a thought ! think im kidding? Look up

your mind has NO shape NONE zip ...

What els has no shape? THE UNIVERSE

and i love the fact we are one of the same, for every living being there is a universe

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
we can and have measured the speed our earth moves with, and the number is staggering, i think its about 20.000 km/per hour

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I don't think you understand. The speed at which we live is obviously real. If it weren't there would be no basis for speed measurements of any kind. All of these measurements fall within the parameters of our observance. If an object moved faster than our perception or if it moved faster than time, in present moments, what would happen to it?

Maybe you will understand one day, but don't worry if you don't.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetragrammaton
we can and have measured the speed our earth moves with, and the number is staggering, i think its about 20.000 km/per hour

Yes, I've read reports like this before. I don't recall however the specifics. Is that the speed that the earth travels around the sun? Our whole solar system is moving in space. Is that speed calculated in? Our whole galaxy is moving thru space. Is that speed known and calculated as well?

This thing never ends. Its all relative. And as symetricA says its all happening in us anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The speed of life is 6. Six what? Possibly a nice zen contemplation but it doesn't make sense.

By definition speed is the rate at which something moves from one location in space to another. Speed is the ratio between distance and time. Unless you are talking about how far someone travels in their lifetime, the term "speed of life" is meaningless. There is no numerator for the denominator.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

No i Do not think you understand.. The "speed" word.. here in this topic

The reason for infinity is the understanding of ones own reality that is why we have a thing called ODD numbers and EVEN numbers..

You can not measure infinity as it is a part of the very REAL thing you call life..

We can do equations that can work out the average life span of a Human yes "but this is not the same as your topic" because you equate life as "spirit"

Hence you are mixing them up

So if you wish to have a hypothesis about the SPEED of LIFE i suggest you get more educated in what LIFE in fact is..

It is endless .. and by that i mean YOU the start of everything and the END of everything you know starts and ends with you..

You can not measure perspectives FACT

now .. be for you get all humpty dumpty sat on a wall with me please take the time to read what i said.

and just for the record math is my fav subject even tho my english stinks

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you phage

its NOT possible to measurer ones perspective.. Tho we can measure the life span of "something" that is alive ect, this is not the same as trying to measure LIFE in on its self

You can quantify it yes as a component of reality in essence 1

In math the logic of this would be to put life in a box as we do with elements 1 blah blah

but yes phage is correct

not possible in the way you are saying or trying to

was just adding to what phage said, "was not directed at phage" but the OP kinda thing ; )

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I would just like to throw in that we wouldn't even notice the passing of time without the movement of objects. A poster earlier said that everything is in the here and now, and I agree with him on that. Time is in our heads. It is not an illusion, it is there, but it is there only to us who think it is there. I wonder if someone who has learned about the existence of time can 'unlearn' it so to speak?

top topics

join