It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India loses Moon satellite links

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

India loses Moon satellite links

All communication links with the only Indian satellite orbiting the Moon have been lost, India's space agency says.

Radio contact with the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft was lost abruptly early on Saturday, said India's Bangalore-based Space Research Organization (Isro).

news.bbc.co.uk...

NOTE to mods, sorry I messed up the original text so it's not in the usual BAN format, sorry again, C&Paste error!

[edit on 29-8-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is what happens when you try to explore the moon on the cheap!

Like the British attempt to send a probe to Mars with Beagle 2.

Better to spend a large budget and get the data you need and a completed mission. Than to do it on the cheap and lose contact with your hardware!

Then again (put on foil hat), maybe countries like India just aren't meant to find out the truth about the moon!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I wonder if India has asked the US to try to make contact with it.

Yes, the US has much better equipment and much more experience with this sort of thing.

OR

They might ask Russia for the same, assuming Russia or the US would be willing to help them.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Sounds like an Sci-Fi movie: 'Sir, SIR, we've lost contact with our Moon orbiter'.. The Com say : 'ohh my, here we go' ..

This could be intresting to hear the excuse on ..

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
OR...the haven't lost contact.

They're just lying.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

You make a grand assumption there. Done on the cheap? How so?

Or is this a veiled stab at anyone "non-American" who has the audacity to go into space without US help? Obviously, without American help, everyone is boned..

Maybe it just got hit by a micrometeor, or a Solar radiation, or maybe those pesky Aliens shot it down? To assume this is just down to "doing it on the cheap" is silly.

From your link:

Powered by a single solar panel generating about 700 watts, the Isro probe carries five Indian-built instruments and six constructed in other countries, including the US, Britain and Germany.

Seems it was done with others and although it only cost £45 million, this is alot of money in India and will buy you alot.

[edit on 29/8/09 by stumason]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by kiwifoot

You make a grand assumption there. Done on the cheap? How so?

Or is this a veiled stab at anyone "non-American" who has the audacity to go into space without US help? Obviously, without American help, everyone is boned..

Maybe it just got hit by a micrometeor, or a Solar radiation, or maybe those pesky Aliens shot it down? To assume this is just down to "doing it on the cheap" is silly.

From your link: