New York Times - racist attacks on white Americans and just plain old bias

page: 3
43
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527
 


What about the fact the the "white flight" had more to do with white people always wanting to have more and better things than black people than what they are like "culturely".

I would call you racist for that view...you just stereotyped a whole race pretty harshly in a matter of a few paragraphs.

It's funny...during the "White Flight"...many of them would go to the black areas to hang out because they had good food, great music and just a joy to be around.

The fact that most "black" areas are trashed has more to do with politics and the idea of racial supremacy then it does with ...."loud, wide nose having, breathing all the white mans air, chicken eaters."!!!

You guys are getting pretty pitiful and are starting to make me mad. And are proving my point every reply. Read the Autobiography of Malcom X and some other prominent black authors ...and pick up some history books too while your at it...the real ones..not the government issued!




posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I hope this isn't going on a tangent, but this issue should be dealt with objectively.

Racism goes in many directions. It does not mean ONLY against certain people. In the 90s I went to a high school that was VERY mixed. There was racism against ALL people. Sometimes whites hated asians, or asians hated european immigrants, or blacks hated asians, etc, etc.... Blacks did not receive the worst of the racism in this case, in fact non-immigrant whites did. Asians, blacks, and even white-european-immigrants all thought negatively and harassed the white american kids (who were about 30% of the school, but were separated into skinheads and many other "groups") ..... so what i'm saying is that blacks are not receiving racism more than anyone else



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
reply to post by deadline527
 


What about the fact the the "white flight" had more to do with white people always wanting to have more and better things than black people than what they are like "culturely".

I would call you racist for that view...you just stereotyped a whole race pretty harshly in a matter of a few paragraphs.

It's funny...during the "White Flight"...many of them would go to the black areas to hang out because they had good food, great music and just a joy to be around.

The fact that most "black" areas are trashed has more to do with politics and the idea of racial supremacy then it does with ...."loud, wide nose having, breathing all the white mans air, chicken eaters."!!!

You guys are getting pretty pitiful and are starting to make me mad. And are proving my point every reply. Read the Autobiography of Malcom X and some other prominent black authors ...and pick up some history books too while your at it...the real ones..not the government issued!

unlikelycandidate,
Can you please answer my questions at the bottom of page 2?

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Pathos]



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos
 


I'm sorry ya'll. I meant to say chance...bad proofreading....but while we are talking about change....

here's this for change...a President who is willing to do SOMETHING!!!!!!

Instead of take vacations...rape and invade countries killing millions of innocent people...and being...well not smart with words..hows that for change...which is the reason why we have elections. If you don't like it...well got to Iraq...or China for that matter..I'm sure they are better.



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
reply to post by Pathos
 


I'm sorry ya'll. I meant to say chance...bad proofreading....but while we are talking about change....

here's this for change...a President who is willing to do SOMETHING!!!!!!

Instead of take vacations...rape and invade countries killing millions of innocent people...and being...well not smart with words..hows that for change...which is the reason why we have elections. If you don't like it...well got to Iraq...or China for that matter..I'm sure they are better.


unlikelycandidate,
Can you please define what something (change) means to Obama? Please?

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Pathos]



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos
 


Sorry..to answer your question. I'm not the president so I don't know what he deems CHANGE.
But it seemed as you were hinting that he's trying to get the big dawgs richer and the poor man poorer.....that my friend is what almost every single country leader has done since the beginning of time. Don't like it very much...well that's history...you run for president.
Me...I want to run of Congress of my state one day...so i can honestly say that I am trying to do something about the situation.

If Obama is catering to them.. I don't know for sure..and would like to know myself...but even if he is ...if you think he's bad...check out Bush 41...that guy is a trip.



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
reply to post by Pathos
 


Sorry..to answer your question. I'm not the president so I don't know what he deems CHANGE.
But it seemed as you were hinting that he's trying to get the big dawgs richer and the poor man poorer.....that my friend is what almost every single country leader has done since the beginning of time. Don't like it very much...well that's history...you run for president.
Me...I want to run of Congress of my state one day...so i can honestly say that I am trying to do something about the situation.

If Obama is catering to them.. I don't know for sure..and would like to know myself...but even if he is ...if you think he's bad...check out Bush 41...that guy is a trip.


unlikelycandidate,
Actually, you answered my question wonderfully. I hope you did not vote for him. Since you just admitted as to not knowing what change means to Obama, it would be ignorant to assume he means something positive for everyone. If you did vote for Obama because he used the words change and hope without knowing what he means by them, you would have voted naively for a man who said, "Vote for me and I will set you free."

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Pathos]



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
here's this for change...a President who is willing to do SOMETHING!!!!!!

Instead of take vacations...rape and invade countries killing millions of innocent people...and being...well not smart with words..hows that for change...which is the reason why we have elections. If you don't like it...well got to Iraq...or China for that matter..I'm sure they are better.


You do realize that the US is at war right now, we are going thru tough economic times, and Obama is on vacation?
And I don't think this is the first one he's taken, either.

Of course, anytime that Bush went on vacation, the press was all over it.



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos
 


Actually...if you look at my other posts...I don't like him...so I didn't' vote at all. That to me was doing my American duty. But you seem to have gotten stuck on his CAMPAIGN slogan. He did and said most of that to get elected. The ones who hate on him are the ones who took that seriously. I took it as...oh he wants to try and do some stuff in his 4 YEARS...not first couple of months.

Like I said to Wimbly....I take offense to those who bring no logic and irrationality to the table and try to discuss. It's irrational to think that one man...especially a BLACK one is gonna change this illusion of a country. It's even more irrational to hang on this mans every word and then just him by it when he turns out to be human...and not the Jesus incarnate that you made him out to be in your head so you can say that the Republicans could do it better. NEWSFLASH....they both suck.



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by unlikelycandidate
 


Ok wait. You keep saying that the only reason people would be opposed to Obama is because they hate black people, but then you also keep saying that you are black and that you aren't happy with him either.

So you hate black people?

You obviously do have race issues.



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
What about the fact the the "white flight" had more to do with white people always wanting to have more and better things than black people than what they are like "culturely".


Really? You're joking, right? The fact of "white flight" was that the white man wanted more and better things than blacks, and not because the cities were having their crime rate climb?


Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
It's funny...during the "White Flight"...many of them would go to the black areas to hang out because they had good food, great music and just a joy to be around.


Right. Try that in DC in the 1960's. The neighborhood I lived in was really nice and quiet. Blacks moved in, and suddenly windows were being broken, cars vandalized, and people mugged. I went thru that same neighborhood a few years ago, and it's still a DMZ.

And this was just before the riots took place. I guess it was just white folk trying to get back into the hoods for all that good music and food, huh?



Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
The fact that most "black" areas are trashed has more to do with politics and the idea of racial supremacy then it does with ...."loud, wide nose having, breathing all the white mans air, chicken eaters."!!!


It has to do with the fact of people not giving a crap about where they live and expecting someone to give them everything they need.


Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
You guys are getting pretty pitiful and are starting to make me mad. And are proving my point every reply.


Getting you mad? Cry me a river.



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
here's this for change...a President who is willing to do SOMETHING!!!!!!

Instead of take vacations...rape and invade countries killing millions of innocent people...and being...well not smart with words..hows that for change...which is the reason why we have elections. If you don't like it...well got to Iraq...or China for that matter..I'm sure they are better.


You do realize that the US is at war right now, we are going thru tough economic times, and Obama is on vacation?
And I don't think this is the first one he's taken, either.

Of course, anytime that Bush went on vacation, the press was all over it.

Actually he has been on vacation since day 1.

European Tour 1 (America is Sorry Tour)
European Tour 2 (Egypt)
Grand Canyon (Family Trip)
Martha's Vineyard (Family Trip - Last Week)

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Pathos]



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
reply to post by Pathos
 


Actually...if you look at my other posts...I don't like him...so I didn't' vote at all. That to me was doing my American duty. But you seem to have gotten stuck on his CAMPAIGN slogan. He did and said most of that to get elected. The ones who hate on him are the ones who took that seriously. I took it as...oh he wants to try and do some stuff in his 4 YEARS...not first couple of months.

Like I said to Wimbly....I take offense to those who bring no logic and irrationality to the table and try to discuss. It's irrational to think that one man...especially a BLACK one is gonna change this illusion of a country. It's even more irrational to hang on this mans every word and then just him by it when he turns out to be human...and not the Jesus incarnate that you made him out to be in your head so you can say that the Republicans could do it better. NEWSFLASH....they both suck.

unlikelycandidate,
Its your logic.

Hmm... Did not those who elect him take that seriously?

If I remember the campaign correctly, was it not Michelle Obama who said, "Only Obama can save your souls?" Did not his voters say, "Obama is the messiah!"

Your logic.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Pathos]



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65
 


Well...the ecomony is fine... it's just that the news and the corporations say it's not...
people still spend 90% of there money on cigarettes and what ever else.

Don't believe me...show me a struggling CEO...oh thats right you won't...if there ok..technically we're ok...that's how capitalism works.

"But the jobless rate is so high!!!"

Again...talk to the CEO...he wants more so he downsizes...then the middle size business downsize cuz they think that stocks are bad...then the small business take a huge hit...while all the jobless watch FOX NEWS about how jobless they are.

The war...what war...oh afganistan...look..look who's running the show over there...the same people who where there in the 80's ... that's not a war...that's history repeated...

Obama..have fun on vacation..!!!



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
reply to post by jerico65
 


Well...the ecomony is fine... it's just that the news and the corporations say it's not...
people still spend 90% of there money on cigarettes and what ever else.

Don't believe me...show me a struggling CEO...oh thats right you won't...if there ok..technically we're ok...that's how capitalism works.

"But the jobless rate is so high!!!"

Again...talk to the CEO...he wants more so he downsizes...then the middle size business downsize cuz they think that stocks are bad...then the small business take a huge hit...while all the jobless watch FOX NEWS about how jobless they are.

The war...what war...oh afganistan...look..look who's running the show over there...the same people who where there in the 80's ... that's not a war...that's history repeated...

Obama..have fun on vacation..!!!

unlikelycandidate,
Since Obama is our current president, would that not make him responsible for fixing the system? Is it not Obama who took Bush's $5 trillion dollar deficit and add $15 trillion dollars more to it? Who is responsible now?

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Pathos]



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
I would like everyone to thank Jerico for being the star of "Proving Unlikelycandidate Right Show"

You take home the grand prize of "Ingnorant Racist of the day award"

It's people like you that will never let this country grow.

I bet you've never help clean up that neighborhood, or vote to get better education there, or better roads, decent housing. NO you didn't you just looked out your window in your nice little suburbian home going...look at those n words over there.. they can never have anything.

Thank you for making my point. You just proved how racist you can be...
I bet your one who says he's not racist...and has 3 black friends!!!

READ A BOOK MAN...

What you are doing here is avoiding rational thinking. Instead of asking "Why are so many people upset", you sunk to labeling groups of individuals. Congrats you are a discriminative individual. FYI - African-Americans are also upset with Obama, and I know nine of them who went to these rallies.



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos
 


You are responsible....I am responsible...WE ARE RESPONSIBLE!!!!
As soon as you get that you will stop blaming the resident black guy...and start fixing this country...WE HAVE TO DO IT !!! NOT WASHINGTON!!!



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
reply to post by Pathos
 


You are responsible....I am responsible...WE ARE RESPONSIBLE!!!!
As soon as you get that you will stop blaming the resident black guy...and start fixing this country...WE HAVE TO DO IT !!! NOT WASHINGTON!!!


unlikelycandidate,
Hmm... I never once called him a 'black guy'. I called him our president.

Your the one who is labeling. Your logic.

I live in a colorblind world. I do not like Obama's policies, and I think he is a socialist. I disagree with his agenda.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Pathos]



posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
You must not know the REAL history with this country and race. All of those who disagree with me don't, obviously. There was a time when black people were property...then they were a fraction of a person...and then even if he had all of the qualifications...he still wasn't considered a man all for his skin color. Even the mixes had certain rules and regs against them. Not to long ago it was ok to hang a black person in public or to not give him a fair trial based on his skin color and persieved intelligence... and the country was like this until when....OH YEAH IT NEVER ENDED!!!!!

WAS THERE EVER A CIVIL RIGHTS FOR ALL DAY?????

WAS THERE A BLACK PEOPLE ARE ONE OF US DAY????

NO THERE WASN'T

People say..."oh we elected a black president doesn't that mean something??"

NO..NOT AT ALL!!

All that means is that the majority of the people who voted didn't want McCain as President.

Do you think our racist history is just forgotten....no not at all. We can forget celebrities if they are not relevant anymore. We can forget the history of our country and laws and the such. But we can't forget hatred especially if no matter how big or small it is...is taught in families all across the country and world.


OPEN YOUR EYES...THAT'S WHAT THERE FOR...STOP BEING SO BLIND! "DENY IGNORANCE" DON'T EMBRACE IT!


Um I'm not exactly sure what you were arguing here. I understand this countries history, and I never said anything about slaves or the likes. I simply wondered where the association between Fiscal Conservatives (The "Right") and Racism came from. Although Lincoln liked high Tariffs, he was a Fiscal Conservative, as most people were back then.

Of course there was a switch between the parties in the early to mid 1900's. The Republicans became more centered who were originally more "left" & radicals, and the Democrats hijacked the Populist Party (bordering on Socialism) and became the new Left. Which is weird honestly because Woodrow Wilson was a known racist and a "Progressive" Democrat. I suppose because when the switch happened the Republicans were left with the Racist Southerners who were left without a party. Just because I "disagree" with you doesn't mean I don't know my history. I'm not even sure I disagree with you, I mean we're talking about the Right being called Racists aren't we? I think that is a very common association.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by asmall89]





top topics
 
43
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join