It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members only Awards Banquet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I am not MICHAEL VICK, i'm MICHAEL WOOD!!!!

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

How do you not know WISHBONE!! he was a bad ass historian dog!

Lol, i'd leave school and come watch him!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
After having thought about this a bit there is a certain dog known here in the southern hemisphere (I know it aired up north but it was a very Aussie/New Zealand themed cartoon. And that dog's name? Footrot Flats. Who could every forget good ol Footrot and the unofficial NZ national anthem "Slice of Heaven"!!

Top stuff!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I thought this was a conspiracy site. Am I wrong?

Is it a social site? A mutual admiration society?

I can see where it might be appropriate in BTS but not ATS.

BTS is a social thing. ATS is more serious.

Stars, flags and that tacky little thing under our names on our avatars is enough.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is a Great idea. to kind meet some of the ATS'ers

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by huntergatherer

You could call it the "Nutties" as in conspiracy theorist's always being claimed as "nutcases" and reverse that as a joke against the Government's propaganda.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09da96b93b48.jpg[/atsimg]

This years Golden Nut goes to...drumroll

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Cool idea, I'm feeling it
That would be so much fun, I think it could be awesome and potentially, could inspire others.

Flagged

[edit on Aug 29th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The only problem I see is being able to get all of the people flown in and put up in hotels, it would be over the top expensive at this point for ATS to pay for or our Sponsors, and I doubt that the majority of members have the money to spend to attend on their own dime.

That said the first thing I thought was how this is a conspiracy site and while many have become open to their faces being displayed, there are still a bunch who choose to remain anonymous for various reasons...

But then again any opportunity to raise a toast to the superb work done here is just alright by me!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I love it! Am ready to start my nominations. Where do I go?

If the Mods don't want to be bogged down with the judging aspect, we could form a committee of ATS members to be the "judges".

Go for it, great idea. Be fun. Winter's coming on, and it's another way to amuse ourselves, while simultaneously patting ourselves on the back.

Another category: The thread that has had the longest run.
(Window of Opportunity, and Oobe it's Real!! come to mind.)

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This a GREAT idea, but I do not see it happening anytime soon. The logistics and funding is just not available at the moment. Now what could be done is a website based award ceremony, like a special thread made to announce the winners, which would be voted upon by the members and staff. It would be similar to the old "Way Above Top Secret Award" but more detailed obviously. I also think some other categories could be added too. As far as rewards go, maybe a 20,000 point bonus (this is once a year) and a badge or something similar that states the year you won and takes you the the thread that won it.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
this is awesomeee,a fflag from me^^
i hope i really make it^^

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by huntergatherer

The mods will have to do most of the work

That'll happen.

Actually, I think your best bet for any kind of assembly is to plan it around some event where ATS is already participating. Something like the upcoming Bay Area UFO Expo.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
OK, I'm confused. I thought you were talking about "live", as in a live web site. Others seem to think it is physically flying to a hotel somewhere for a big awards party.

Which is it?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I thought it was a live web site too....

I do not know if that would be feasible right now though, I think the best bet would be to have it on a regular thread. I know it wouldn't be as cool but it is what it is.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We can't even show our ATS Points, because it might offend someone.

Don't know how this will work?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes, I agree, it might have to become a little less sohpisticated project than what has been outlined, but that's okay in my book.

In fact, it could be a members vote kind of thing...

(Not meaning to detract from the OP's original intention).

I'm game for whatever works......now.....let's seee......best avatar...so many avatars.....so few awards......hmmmm......

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Can the award be an "oscar" with a tin-foil hat?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I thought this was a conspiracy site. Am I wrong?

Is it a social site? A mutual admiration society?

I can see where it might be appropriate in BTS but not ATS.

BTS is a social thing. ATS is more serious.

Stars, flags and that tacky little thing under our names on our avatars is enough.

It is the uniqueness of this site that keeps people coming back. Nowhere else have I found recognition for the work and research that the people here put into their posts. If it bothers you don't look, just read.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Cool idea. I would take it a step further though. How about renting out a nice hall or hotel, and inviting the people for dinner and maybe a guest speaker could be present as well. Pipe dream, I know but your post made me come up with this crazy thought.

I only present this idea because I was wondering what it would be like to meet some of my fellow posters face to face. Could you imagine what a weekend like that would be? It would be insanely surreal, to me anyway. We'd all be wearing name tags with our online names on them!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Just another idea,

How about the "Truthy" ?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Could you imagine what a weekend like that would be? It would be insanely surreal, to me anyway. We'd all be wearing name tags with our online names on them!

Or or ... we can just take our pictures and ids now and send them straight to the FBI.

I think the whole idea is a lovely thought ...

But let's consider what makes ATS what it is. Everyone who participates form one post a year to 5,000, the creepy lurkers, the writers, the fighters, the birth certificate makers.
The jokers, the thinkers, the one liner debunkers. Everyone is special and everyone brings something unique to the table.

I also have observed that these things, even with the best of intentions, can often turn sour.

So, great idea, and I'm happy to support it. Should it for some reason or another not take off, let me extend a proverbial group hug to everyone and say ...

You're all special!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join