It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Has Until September 30 To Appeal Judge Preska's Decision

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Federal Reserve Has Until September 30 To Appeal Judge Preska's Decision

www.zerohedge.com

Judge Loretta Preska, who earlier this week ruled against the Fed in its long running FOIA lawsuit with Bloomberg, and demanded it disclose firms benefiting from and loan amounts handed out under various emergency order, has filed a stay on the original order and has awarded the Fed with a September 30 deadline to appeal the order.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Secret That Will Destroy the World's Financial System
Racketeering 101: Bailed Out Banks Threaten Systemic Collapse If Fed Discloses Information

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You know they are going to appeal. Which is completely evil on all levels.

We deserve to know where all that money went and I for one want to see! I'll even download the pdf's (you know it'll be in pdf format).

Fed lawyer Kit Wheatley told Preska in a conference call yesterday that it could take 30 days for the Fed to get permission for an appeal from Solicitor General Elena Kagan, the administration’s top courtroom lawyer.

heh heh heh

www.zerohedge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
And then the banks tell us in so many words, that they shouldn't have to disclose anything because we can't handle the truth,,, and then they tell us that the truth is so bad it'll destroy them,,, and then they expect us to sit on our hands and not even be curious...

I don't think so

Star and flag.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Why dosent this make me excited, the fact that the fed is standing on the edge of oblivion..

Mark my words, when this appeal comes along, the judges ruling will be overturned..

If not, and thats a big "IF" the judges decision still stands after the appeal, we should get ready for biggest attack on humanity in history..

The richest people in the world are definatly not goin down without causing hell on earth first.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

I suspect they might move before then.

We will have to wait for mid September to find out.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I am very worried that you are right...

But I really, really hope you are wrong..and let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

I would write a comforting comment here but I have none...

All the information I gather is pointing to something large and not very happy.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

What is really sad is that I am tired of the BS, and really wish something would happen so we all can get on with our lives. Unfortunately it will probably be something that affects everyone in such a negative way that it will be years before society gets back on it's feet.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
That means they have a month to formulate some type of plot, which likely includes the following:

- They get what they want (the information not being made public)
- They somehow make tons of money (probably by stealing it from the taxpayers, again)
- The general population gets screwed, and things get worse than before

Sadly, I see this as a realistic scenario. Hopefully, when they do appeal, the judge stands by her original decision. That's the point where they get desperate, though, and need to resort to assassinations and such to get their way. Either way, I don't see this having a story-book ending...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LetTheTruthBeTold

They have millions of (tax payer) dollars at their disposal. They will probably come up with something.

Hopefully the judge is smart.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The Fed sued itself, so that Bernanke's self-fulfilling prophecy (threat) will be, uh, fulfilled.

Crash is probably gonna happen in October. That's when reinhardt's favorite group is going on a 10 day pilgrimage to the illegal state of Israel.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

There is a lot of evidence that the crash WILL happen in the coming months.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Reuters says....

It argued disclosure threatened "irreparable harm to these institutions and to the board's ability to effectively manage the current, and any future, financial crisis."

The case and a similar one involving News Corp's (NWSA.O) Fox News Network LLC raise the issue of how much the public has a right to know about how the government is bailing out a troubled financial system.

The Fed was not immediately available for comment.

Preska directed the Fed's board of governors to file a notice of appeal and an emergency stay application with the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

She also said Bloomberg will not, for now, insist on a search of "official files" at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, after the central bank's representation that a search would likely be fruitless.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In the end, an agreement with the government where they don't have to release the document, admit guilt about lack of transparency, and a promise to work on being more transparent.

In other words, the Federal reserve will win when it is all said and done.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
A 30 day stay?For an appeal?Its obvious that they have probably defrauded American taxpayers of 1.5 trillion dollars and thats just lately.Who knows how much more money their holding hostage.I think the whole board should be tried than disbanded and replaced by a group elected by the people to protect their interests,not the damn Rothschilds.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Perhaps we should all take a holiday from the banks.
I know its far fetched, but, what else can we do?
The controlling interest is that of the banks.
With that kind of money involved, the little guy doesn't stand a chance.

On a side note:
I would not be surprised if this entire scenario wasn't staged to help with someone's re election for an illegal third term.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Like you know it all.
Like you could protect America.
Yeah.
Right.

There is probably a lot of military stuff they want to keep hidden.

Why do you want to take America down?
You people need to grow up and learn how the game is played.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

If they paid for the killing of a group of people, would you want that hidden?

Because they are killing people. Causing them to lose the will to live, causing people to commit crimes to survive.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

The world has always been a very competitive place.
With the population growing it only becomes more competitive.
The answer is education. Learn to be a success.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
So uuuhhh...

30 days til false flag then?

Set your watches, it could get ugly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join