It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chantix: Is It Safe?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

However the first four days are the hardest physically- the three - four week mark is where the real emotional/psychic battle seems to set in for me. I feel like something is missing, like I have lost something very vital to my happiness.

I can so relate! Everyone kept telling me that it gets easier, but for me each day I went without a smoke got harder for the first two weeks.

My sister quit when I did and we joked about her chewing the legs off of her dining room chairs but I don't know how much of a joke it really was. Quitting smoking is the hardest thing I ever did, it was awful but I'm glad I toughed it out.

Like you said the emotional battle began to get really rough around week four. I still struggle with wanting to smoke but the battle's finally starting to go my way, it's not as uphill anymore.

Did you use Chantix?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

We'll be pulling for you too. Please keep us updated and I'm only a U2U away if you need a scratching post

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer

We'll be pulling for you too. Please keep us updated and I'm only a U2U away if you need a scratching post

thank you mucho...

No I am chewing the gum (off topic, but I wanted to encourage SC), it is always that second phase that kills me, I think I have quit for longer then two weeks - eight times in the last year and a half... Problem is I am an addictive sort on top of the addictive nature of the smokes - anyhow gonna try again tomorrow, I find that I usually have six false starts before I get an attempt that sticks. My last quit was in July - I am getting sick of the yo yo

Anyhow thanks for the support, I will check back in

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Alright Space Cadet, I am on the wagon now too - haven't had a smoke since 10 last night.

The mind fog is thick - I feel a flat rage - have to second guess every thing I do while driving and I feel very sleepy.

I am going to post here, hopefully -

Keep us posted.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I took chantix for 6 months. The only side effect was that I felt nausea if I didn't take it with food. I went from 2 packs a day to 5 cigs a day in less than a week. after about 3 months I had quit smoking all together . However, when I quit taking the chantix, I went back to smoking within a couple weeks. Now I'm nowhere near 2 packs a day, but I'm smoking again. Maybe if I had taken the recommended counseling along w/the chantix, then things may have fared better for me...but the insurance would not pay for either the chantix or the counseling.

EDIT: the wife just reminded me that we both had strange dreams...that is when we slept a full night. A lot of the time we were up multiple times to urinate. And having us both on chantix and sleeping in the same bed was a recipe for many sleepless nights. Also, I was tempermental the first couple of weeks, but I didn't attribute that to the medication; rather, to the nicotine withdraw.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Good Luck to you! I am proud to say that I still have the same pack of smokes that I bought this past Saturday. I am not smoke free, but, I am gaining control over how often I am doing it. And it is getting easier.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks to all of you, special thanks to Sundancer, for supporting us 'quitters', coming to this site and posting about the experience seems to be helpful to me, although it is obvious that many people are out there trying to quit, I felt all alone in my endevour. I was scared of the Chantix, because of all the warnings and ads, and held it for nearly 2 weeks before taking that first pill.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I smoked from 1963 until 12/31/08.

I started taking chantix the first of December and quit on the 31st thanks to Chantix.

The second week in January I packed up the camper and my sweetheart and I went out of town camping so I Would be away from family and friends for 10 days.

Every time I tried to quit smoking in the past I was a terrible shrew. The only problems with Chantix were vivid dreams.

After the first week when you take a larger dose I halved the dose and it worked just fine.

I am still smoke free 9 months later and my health has improved greatly.

Chantix Really worked for me. I will admit it was the hardest thing I ever had to quit.

My best wishes to all who are trying to quit now. You can do it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Aw you are very welcome!

How are you doing on the smoking? Be careful how you answer, I have a foe button and I know how to use it

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

I have only had one cigarette all day. And I didn't even smoke all of it. It was the last one in a pack I bought Thursday. I went ahead and got another pack on the way to work, but I think this is it. It may just be my pacifier, to keep that pack around! I am hoping tomorrow is the day I don't smoke at all. I am not freaking out about it now, and I am thoroughly enjoying the dreaming!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Try drinking tea too.. it is a replacement "ritual" - something to look forward to "doing" -- heating water (even in the microwave) - getting out a tea bag... the cup is something warm to hold on to. Choose a tea that is high in detox like Green Tea or even a weight loss tea - that will help push the toxins out of your body faster.

Proud of you, space cadet... do NOT be hard on yourself. If you are smoking more than you want to it doesn't mean that you have "started" again... okay? Hear me??

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Thank you for your encouragement! I do really appreciate it.

I did open the pack, and I smoked 2 from it today, I was very nervous or shaky today, I thought it might help but it didn't. I don't know if the nervousness is because of nicotine withdrawl or not but I suspect it is.

The tea is a good idea, I think I will have some this morning before I lay down instead of that 'last smoke' I usually take. A good thing is happening too as a result of me smoking less, I am more active and getting more done,mostly to keep me busy, but whatever the reason, I like being more productive!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Well, I was off work for a whopping 3 days in a row, and I fell off the wagon big time. It was my first time to have drinks and try not to smoke, we did karaoke ( my favorite hobby, and one I am good at, I practice all the time) and of course I had to have something to drink, and I smoked and smoked and smoked, I smoked a pack of cigarettes during the time we were there. I woke up coughing my head off, headache, and smoked some more.

Cigarettes, I hate 'em! I want them out of my life! I didn't buy any this morning, I still had some left from yesterday, I am going to try to not buy another pack at all, maybe if I stop supplying myself I will stop, but I bet I hear them 'calling my name' from down the street at the store!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
New warning on Chantx today, actually it is the same warning about suicide and physcotic behaviour, only they are stating that basically the other warnings (nausea, dreams, ect) will take a backseat now, and the suicide warning will be stronger.

Personally I am feeling great now using it, I love the vivid dreams, and the fact I can remember them, and I am more energetic too. I am still smoking, but I am only smoking 2-6 per day. I got drunk the other night, a time when usually I might smoke a whole pack or more, but I only smoked 3 cigarettes. Love it!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Hi Cadet,
just started taking Champix ( an Australian alternative), yesterday.
Felt a bit 'groggy' and must admit I didn't crave a cigg. that much; even about an hour after the first dose.
I feel a bit snappy today though, and have only had 3 ciggs.
I was told that nausea was the most common side-effect, so take it with food!
Will keep you posted.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Chantix works for me. I've fallen off the wagon a couple times so this is my 3rd usage of it. I had no side effects. I could never have quit without it and stayed sane.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I have several friends who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking and the only one that succeeded did it via hypnotism. I'm not a smoker and have never been hypnotized but my friend swears by it after smoking for almost 30 years. I also heard it worked for Matt Damon. Something to think about. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
DONT SMOKE THOSE CHINESE MADE NON FDA APRROVED VAPOUR CIGS!!

they are dangerous. they have not had any trials done on them, and are mass made in china then imported for the west.

you dont know what the effects are of these, it is likely that they are quite harmful

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join