It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanishing News Stories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I often wonder of pre soviet Russians noticed the same type thing?
or post war germans?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There were also a few reports on 9/11 that vanished down the memory hole too. I remember a few seemingly minor reports that vanished. It wasn't like most cases where they say something, then correct it later. They said something. then not a single update or correction was made later. Like i remember they said that there was a group of people alive and well under the WTC who were talking on their phones to their relatives, and rescue workers were close to extracting them.

Then nothing.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
After the KAL 007 flight crashed. There was another plane that went down in SE asia. A friend of mine who worked for a city paper called me about 8 p.m. and told me that in the wire reports, the death toll kept going DOWN in subsequent press releases.
Basically there were something like 11 or 14 americans among the dead. The dead total was what fluctuated. Originally 200, then eventually down to about 60 and finally down to a pt. where the Americans must have been half the passengers on the flight. 30 or so.

Very interesting. I am not surprised. Was 007 the one that strayed into Russian airspace and was shot down? I think it was. I heard that it was carrying a US politician who was said to be going to release documents he had received regarding JFK's death... as soon as he returned to the states. Of course, he didn't return.
I posted a thread about TWA 800, and I remember the day it happened. News radio broadcast eyewitness accounts stating that they saw something climbing on an angle up to the plane just before it exploded. Those eyewitness accounts just vanished. In the following days I was mystified as to why they weren't mentioned again. Later, I learned why. They contradict the official explanation.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a little-known google trick

if you are searching for old stories and you spot a useful link and click on it but you get a 'page not found' error, then try clicking on the 'cached' link underneath - 99% of the time, it is still there in google's cache

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
it's a bit hard to prove, though. an example

the subject: www.abovetopsecret.com...

what can i say, it's everyday experience for me, but crying wolf all the tme doesn't cut it, people ignore my statements anyway, be they calm or emotional.

another one: www.cbsnews.com... note the date, sept 10th, 2001...

[edit on 2-9-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
yeah...it's like all those millions of times that an environmently friendly car has been invented. A car that doesn't run on petrol. How many times has this been breakthrough news that just never gets mentioned again?
I don't know but it's been many times. Even now there are millions of different versions of these cars that no longer need petrol, but still nobody makes them. Or if they are being made they cost about 15 billions of moneys! Why hasn't any car manufacturing companies taken the risk of mass producing these machines? I'm sure they'd sell. I'm no expert but I'd reckon that at least 50,000-100,000 of these babies would be purchased world wide.
It's because the governments are making a killing on taxes this way. Say we move on the electric cars what would they tax then? I'm sure they'd find something but the governments aren't ready for that kind of change. They're all weak. But to be fair I'd imagine that if a government did attempt such a big move then the average joe/jane on the street would moan and the opposition party would side with the populous and nothing would get done...I'm so bitter. Democracy is sooooo slow.

[edit on 2-9-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join