It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GSG-5

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

The MP5 stocks that I found were about $140 for the set (fore and butt-stock).
Down near the bottom of the page, there's a link where you can buy them separately, but they cost more: $103 for the butt and $45 the fore.

rrages.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Gracias amigo

second line

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

I have no personal experience with the GSG 5 but I do own a Ruger Standard 10/22 Magnum...

Now I'm a big Ruger fan because the toys you can buy for a 10/22 are limitless! so if I had to pick between the two... well I already told you what I bought...

Now the only problem I've had with an auto loading .22 came with cheap soft lead rounds (No copper jacket) When chambering... the bottom side of the bullets was being shaved off... had some wild flyer's ...took days for me to figure out why... I only bring that up as your ammo can be a big a factor as what weapon you chose... Me I like the extra power of the .22 mag and can still opt for the cheaper .22lr loads

DB are you shooting 22LR's through your magnum chambered 10/22? There is a big diff. in case diameter from 22 mags and 22LR. Have you seen any split cases?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Also for same money you can get this little bugger.

Walther G22

Dumb looking but handy and fun, with the bullpup configuration.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The Ruger 10 22 is a much better value and has many accessories that can make it look like just about anything, if you need the look. It is also exceptionally accurate and convertible to to 17M2 with a barrel and heavier bolt handle [to match power and cycle time]. The 17 will easily shoot under 1/2 inch at 50 yards.
I have a .22 standard carbine with a 3x9 32mm scope and open sights for backup. Blued barrel and wood stock. I tried the bipod but I don't like it when I shoot offhand and the bulk makes storage and transport awkward. I do just as well with a hasty sling.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Yeah it is classed as a rifle with a 16 inch barrel. The trick is that, it doesn't have a supressor. it has a barrel shroud that makes it look like it has a supressor. But you can really just un screw it and you can see the barrel without it. Which doesn't look as good.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

I agree, the 10/22 is the bargain of the century. for the price of a GSG or a G22 you could have a 2-10/22's in different calibers.

I am also willing to bet the 10/22 has the widest array of goodies available for any rimfire rifle.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Yes the Ruger 10/22 is the best value. But, nothing looks as cool as an MP-5 clone .22LR. Plus, GSG-5 felt easier to perform some tactical skills than with a 10/22 (stock).

Its all about preference and wallet-size. Can you afford spending twice the cost of a 10/22 for a GSG-5? Which firearm feels best in your hands? Which one has the right accessories you would like to see on the firearm?

I'm just glad we have such a large selection of choices.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

www.world.guns.ru...

i suggest you take a look at the above website, i myself went to purchase a rifle, the store owner told me to check it out, he said i will surely change my mind and get more bang for my buck...after a week i went back to his store with half my budget and got a way better rifle then i would have oridanrely

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RaikoMutich

OK, I clicked your link, and I'm at world.guns.ru

What, in particular, are you having us check out?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by guppy
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Yes the Ruger 10/22 is the best value. But, nothing looks as cool as an MP-5 clone .22LR. Plus, GSG-5 felt easier to perform some tactical skills than with a 10/22 (stock).

Its all about preference and wallet-size. Can you afford spending twice the cost of a 10/22 for a GSG-5? Which firearm feels best in your hands? Which one has the right accessories you would like to see on the firearm?

I'm just glad we have such a large selection of choices.

I consider accuracy and reliability the basis for any tactical skills that one could possibly need with a .22 LR and coolness of appearance isn't high on my list. I have not fired the GSG-5 and must defer to those that have for such assessments. Certainly, personal fit is important and those used to the MP-5 may find the GSG a natural.
I recently inspected one at a store and thought that the stock belonged on an Airsoft. The bogus supressor wasn't a selling point for me as it implies that this is a firearm where form is more important than function and I instinctively distrust equipment with such embellishments.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
You can get a reuger .22 with a AK style stock for $199 it also comes with a banna mag like this one... Just dont expect to use that thing for self defense cause a .22 is gonna bounce off most things at 100 yards. If your looking for something that will save your life in a gun fight get a shot gun, they are cheap and easy to use.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterPbody

Yes I know a .22 won't save my life, I have other things for that. Just looking for something fun to shoot that won't cost an arm and a leg to reload.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I bought the gsg as a fan of the mp5, that can't buy one with the restrictions on automatics. I like mine, it's fun, and it's close enough to the H&K style i was looking for. If you buy guns that have a certain look it definitely has some nice esthetics. - H&K has ordered a cease and desist on the manufacturing but they are still currently available as they are allowed to sell off their already produced units. Some web sites still offer them for the earlier $499 price, but my local stores have raised the prices a little, so shop around. There are also nickel finish (looks pretty) and desert camo models available.

I had read many positive reviews of the gun prior to purchasing one and i agree with what i had read. They are solid construction firearms and accurate. I own a savage .22 bolt action and the gsg has more weight to it. It lets me know just how easy my bolt is to carry in comparison. Three of us went out to the range with it and had a good day... had to tell my coworker that this is not Scarface, heh heh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join