It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Pittsburgh: ATS ready?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Highly recommended book to read

Necessary Illusions
(search google for title with "PDF")

A book about how political power uses propaganda to distort and distract from
real issues to maintain confusion and complicity, preventing real
democracy from becoming effective.

I also recommend learning the Propaganda Model
en.wikipedia.org...

there's also, "manufacturing consent." which is a good doc that discusses this in the guise of the "war on terror"

Should be easy to find: UTU me if you can't.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by van001

How about protesting from atop Mt. Washington? This is where city and county officials are expecting to really show off the city to alot of out-of-towners involved with the summit (journalists, assistants,..maybe dignitaries) to visit. Not to mention the news media using the view as a backdrop during a broadcast. Could you imagine their frustration if the entire Avenue is clogged with protesters obstructing their view? Classic!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Abbby

Personally I think a protest atop mount washington is a great place. You could hang large banners form the observation pods, stick signs on the incline if daring and generally have one of the best vantage points from the entire city.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by van001

The only downside to Mt. Washington is access. It would be a great vantage point, if you had binoculars. Plus I think the secret service already tackled that issue, with them being around for over 6 months.

A lil birdy told me that they have been plain-clothed and hanging in bars for a while now, to get info about the protests and more.

I would imagine they are scanning for more extreme things. Just my opinion, though.

This is going to get interesting.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Now it seems that they are banning wearing masks of any form during the protests....

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by van001

any link for that info?

The reason why they would want to do this, if true; is to easily identify people.
I uploaded a video about this to the media channel on ATS, check it out:

(click to open player in new window)

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It’s a bad sign that they are holding the G-20 in Pittsburgh. The Golden Triangle the convergence of the three rivers is actually the most spiritually powerful place in America. The American natives considered this the most spiritually powerful place in the Americas and consider anyplace where three rivers come together as a conduit and portal to the natural and supernatural worlds.

Let us not forget that the three rivers form a triangle also known as a pyramid as in the pyramid of the All Seeing Eye.

This is not an accident that the G-20 wants to tap into this symbolism and mysticism for their own archaic purposes.

Yet more disturbingly so let us think of Pennsylvania’s motto here for a moment. The Keystone State, yet the geographical borders of the state do not represent a keyhole or a keystone so what and where exactly is the keystone? They keystone is the Golden Triangle and the portal it sits on top of is the what the stone and key are for which is why also in part William Pitt chose the site for his fort. The Pitt family was closely aligned with the English monarchy and by that time the English monarchy had become the treasury and the leading authority of the Holy Roman Empire and all it’s hidden from the masses mysticism.

Anyone familiar with Hollywood and the movie industry knows it is primarily dominated by Pittsburgh transplants.

This region breeds illuminists.

This meeting of the minds and leaders is nothing short of a coven.

Yet one more thing bodes potentially large and frightening on the horizon. Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania breeds Americans. Old fashioned, democratic loving, free speech loving, don’t tread on me or tell me what to do Americans. Gun toting and hunting Americans, those aren’t going to quietly accept being told what to do or denied access for the sake of a privileged few. They are tough, resilient, courageous and stubborn minded people educated to far better standards and depths than most of America. With traditions that date back to even before the nation’s founding and the history to go along with it, these are not emasculated Londoners or inebriated pie in the sky Washingtonians but die hard, dyed in the wool free spirited and idealistic individuals.

This event has a huge potential for some huge things and I would advise staying tuned for it.

Hey can anyone out there guess the latitude and longitude of where I was born based on this post?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Don't forget the 4th underground "river" which supplies the water to the Point's trademark fountain. The 4 rivers converging is said to have sacred powers or significance by Native Americans. Interesting stuff.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Some of us here in Pittsburgh are trying to get information about what is happening with G-20 out into the public eye in a way that captures attention. Half the liberty movement/grassroots in the city are working on something called Freedom Conference 2009.

We're trying to educate people about the G-20, about the risks of globalism from an economic perspective, and get people educated. What we need is to help make people aware of what we're doing.

We encourage you to look up the scheduled speakers: G. Edward Griffin, Thomas E. Woods, and Joan Veon. All three are people well known for speaking their minds, and all of whom share a strong distrust of the G-20. Instead of just protesting, we're working to get media attention.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

G20 Updates

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Wow! 25 miles of barbed wire fencing!

nice to see simpledan still at it

thanks warrenb

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Did anyone hear about the hospitals training all employees on how to handle a mustard gas attack. A friend of mine is a nurse for UPMC and told me she has to go through the training. She's not a doom and gloom kind of person but she did sound scared when she told me.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Not risk of arrest. But more of risk being tortured and killed even in public.

I remembered how the guy was hit dead by the riot cops at G20 meeting in London. It was totally unprovoked and he was unarmed. Fortunately, the authorities reasoning was a big lie as proven in an amateur video recording.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

I have co-founded an online radio station here in Pittsburgh and have worked with various IndyMedia centers around the country for several years.

We will be be acting as a clearinghouse for people's coverage during the event and will gladly turn you on to great places for booze and / or coffee, as is your wont.

Check out our page here:
www.g20bedandbreakfast.org...

And feel free to contact us here:

[email protected]

see you in Pittsburgh!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Good luck everyone.
I look forward to your posts and I'll do what I can to post relevant pits news here.
Stay safe, be smart.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Good luck everyone.
I look forward to your posts and I'll do what I can to post relevant pits news here.
Stay safe, be smart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join