It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Pittsburgh: ATS ready?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It's not everyday that the shi7storm makes a date.

On Sept 24 and 25 in Pittsburgh countless opportunities for news and change will present themselves.
Will we be ready?
We already have people in place...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
But I'm thinking that there must be a lot more ATS operatives in Pits.
Consider this post the opportunity to announce yourself. Organise if need be and represent ATS as our eyes and ears on the ground.
Thanks!

"I'd rather hear it from ATS!"

edited because I'm an idiot

[edit on 28-8-2009 by briantaylor]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I should spend my vacation days in Pittsburgh

Seriously.

I live in Texas and I need to get out o here for a few days anyway... might as well spend the a few days protesting.

What should my sign read?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
I should spend my vacation days in Pittsburgh

Seriously.

I live in Texas and I need to get out o here for a few days anyway... might as well spend the a few days protesting.

What should my sign read?

"Kiss Me Acorn Squarelips!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
And remember to take cameras. Lots and lots of them. There can never be to much cameras

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

today there is no more important a weapon than a camera

also here's an update from Warren B

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wow, I had no idea you have to be a member of a 'group' to protest, isn't it enough that you're member of the public? Maybe it's just easier for the SS to list the protesters when they can be labeled as part of specific groups. Sucks for you guys

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I know Pittsburgh well and where they are holding the G20 is
ridiculous! I have no idea how they could cover all the surrounding
ground from snipers.
That said, downtown P'burg is in the shape of a cone with a river
on each side and if they want to corral the protestors YOU WILL
BE STUCK. They can absolutely control the ground environment
just look at the map. After all the protests that have been done
against WTO and G20 what good have they done? They get no
coverage! i hate to see good people jailed or roughed up. There
is a greater battle ahead and I ask you save yourselves for that.
Just take a hard look at the map before you go - I will have warned
you. If you still go God bless and protect you.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hey... Just an idea.

Maybe Alex Jones will be protesting live from this G20 thing. If not, he is worthless.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I went to the G20 protests in London, I'm glad I went, but felt there was no real direction for the protest, with so many different causes being protested. There were also no leaders, which in a way is good, but again only increased the lack of direction of the protest.

It was all very frustrating,. especially after returning from the protest and see the one sided overblown TV reporting of the event. Ever since going, people ask "why did you go" what were you protesting.

I went to lend a voice, instead of sitting aat home shouting at the TV I wanted to be there and add my voice to those who were pissed with the Banks.

The best thing about the G20 has been catching the Police committing serious crimes against the protesters, showing them up for the thugs they are. keep your cameras focused on the cops.

edit to add..

Keep an eye out for agent provocateurs. I thought these were just made up by conspiracy theorists, but there is mounting evidence to suggest the police had them in operation in london.
Also, maybe a bit paranoid this one, but keep your face covered, the forward intelligence units in London filmed every protestor getting a good shot of everyones faces. You never know how these images can be used in the future. I wish i'd have covered up.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I really thought I was going to be able to make it to Pittsburgh for this. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do it. I can't find a bus of protesters leaving from where I live and my financial situation makes it impossible for me to take a week off and drive to Pennsylvania, much less risk arrest.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You know that the government is playing its cards right when people are afraid to join the protest for the 'risk of arrest'. Hope you find a ride

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Agent Provocateurs will be there, they'd be stupid not to have them.
Watch them make the first moves to try to tidy things up quickly.
A poster said they were in London for their G20, they have also popped up in Canada at the SPP summit a few years ago in Quebec.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
RE: G-20
It's going to be nuts, especially since the protests are being denied permission by the secret service...

This is the G8 in Italy...now Imagine Pittsburgh and armed Americans...

reply to post by briantaylor

Thanks again for the book Brian, got it earlier.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Warren B
on my right
aye ready aye

are you gonna be there?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

I wouldn't miss it for all the tea in China

Look for the guys wearing Gadsden flags and full camo

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I live in the city of Pittsburgh, the south side for those who know 'tahn. I will be staying at my girlfriend's all week (getting out of dodge). I see a lot going on around the city. Buildings being spruced up, city officials begging for more police presence, Universities and businesses planning to close.

I own a store south of the city in a quiet suburb, and have been seeing Apache AH64's flying around every few days. I can only assume they are doing dry runs for the upcoming G20.

I don't deny anyone's right to protest or free speech. I don't like destruction however.

I really think this is just not the place t have an event like this...logistical or geographical. Our city officials are commonly known as morons and were expecting a big 15 million dollar security grant for this. The feds told them to piss off. I know that they have 1/2 of the state police troops on call plus every available local cop and sheriff's department personnel. Word is they are very short handed for boots on the ground. They are making the police and the protesters camp together in Point State Park. A customer of mine's brother is a local police Sargent and they told him that there is a no call off policy that week. No exceptions.

How will the city pay for this, I really don't know. They are expecting twice as many protesters as London. Some are already here. Western Pa residents are very apprehensive about this, and the local media is not helping by all these scare stories they run every night on the news. If you are coming, please respect my city, but I also understand that you should protect yourself if you are going to be beaten down...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i wont be attending however because of work issues

but if some one would u2u me who is going i would like to send them a english flag with my choice of words on if possible ? just about as best as i can get to being there with my flag.

its going to be my st georges flag with the words FREEDOM ?

if any one wants to take up my offer

also people who are going buy some gas masks if things go out of control thats going to be in the mix.

thecrow001

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by van001

THANK YOU Van001!
Excellent report.
This is exactly what I see as the driving purpose of ATS, and this thread!

More like this please!
(you have now been added to the unofficial ATS Agency pool)

edited to reiterate:

Seriously folks, we have a real opportunity here.
I'm not calling for protesters. By all means, if you feel the need, go ahead. But I'm after REPORTERS and AGENTS.
(what's an agent? they don't exist yet...)

I think there should be people posting, as it happens. Words, pictures, video, audio, whatever you can muster.

Reporters must be the people with the technology. They, ideally, will be people in Pitts but not at the site. Home towners that can easily access the internet. They can post, as Van001 did, what's going on as they see it, hear it from their local sources.

Others, agents, are in the scrum. I don't really care if theY're protesting or not, but they are along for the ride as UC protesters. (not provocateur, if you are not a protester, then remain not a protester, it's easy to get caught up in the moment.) (either way you still run all risks of your own volition.)

Those in the thick of it may not be able to communicate as well, but we have the time and the technology to overcome this if we want to. But it's not going to work if we don't organise now.

Who's in pitts beside Van001?
Who else is going beside warrenb?
Where will they be?
How will they get messages out?
Phone Cam twitter facebook text skype etc.
and to whom?
We'll still have to get the messages into ATS.
I can offer my services as correlator of info, arrange a muti-user twitter account for instance that repeats on a specific as of yet named ATS forum
Anybody got a better was to collect the data coming in from pits?

Is anybody but me willing to do some work here?
Is anybody listening?
Is there anybody out there?

[edit on 31-8-2009 by briantaylor]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I live in Pittsburgh and I am pretty sure I know why they chose this city. Downtown area is EXTREMELY small and it is surrounded by rivers with access to downtown by numerous bridges. It will be very easy to do crowd control hence why they picked Pittsburgh, you simply close down the bridges effectively restricting access to 80% of Pittsburgh and the rest can be handled by good old fashioned road blocks.

The surrounding area is basically hills and residential houses, not enough room for large groups of people to congregate, and if they do they will basically protesting in peoples front lawns, they will not be seen from downtown.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

It's going to be hard miss seeing 35,000+ people

And that is the conservative estimate

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join