It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonies in Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If you think about it the space race has turned into the 'colony race' as nations have already reached space and are starting to build space stations.

But who do you think will be the first to colonize the moon, mars and beyond?

America would be the favourite to complete any such events. However, Russia is able to build spacecrafts with the best of them and could be a possibility as a front runner as has been stated recently in russian news. But with other countries like China taking part now, the moon seems to be limit.

Or do you think it would be better if they pulled resources together for a joint effort to fly in space?

What do you think about it?

jra

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think it would be better of they competed against eachother for going to the moon and setting up bases and what not. Friendly competition of course though. I just think that gets people modivated to do things insted of just sitting there, thinking about it and wasting money.

It would be good just as long as wars don't break out over territory on the Moon and Mars.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Never thought of it that way

But i can see your point about war occuring over territories and minerals and stuff.

And do you think that names of places on the moon and beyond would stay the same or be renamed? And if so to wot?

New New York?
New Hong Kong?
Bob?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i can see it now, a new age of exploration except with space ships instead of galleons, caravels and the like, colonising other planets and colonies revolting and establishing their own nation-planets, etc.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
China

Why because unlike Russia, most of what we buy has made in China on it! So the capital or money is flowing to them, plus the people will do what the Government says to do, along with the fact they really don't need to do research into the technologies as Russia and American along with ESA have done it for them. All they need to do is build off the plans by buying or stealing them to take the high ground and start watching other Nations from space with humans rather than machines.

Michael

ps - could this be the Dragon in Heavon Michael and his Army fight against?

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by Ark-Angel]

new topics

top topics

join