It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Breed Of Sci-Fi Contact Lenses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Newswise — An emerging generation of high-tech contact lenses will add images and meaning to ordinary vision. Tiny LEDs built into lenses will project images in front of users wearing the lenses, allowing them to see labels and text, as Arnold Schwarzenegger did in the Terminator movies, or navigational cues with arrows projected in front of them. Tiny biomedical sensors may sample the tear film on the eye to keep tabs on wearers' health.

www.newswise.com...

And whilst we are on the topic of Bionic/Sci Fi contact lenses, I found this article from a while back.

If you've ever wanted to be the Bionic Woman or a Terminator, new research may at least let you see with their eyes. Scientists have taken the first step toward creating digital contact lenses that can zoom in on distant objects and display useful facts.

For the first time, engineers have installed an electronic circuit and lights on a regular contact lens.

The prototype they created does not actually light up or display information. But it proves that it is possible to build an electronic lens that is safe to wear and doesn't obstruct vision.

www.livescience.com...

The discoveries that science brings each day is becoming more and more exiting. I look forward to seeing how we can integrate more technology into the way we see/or perceive images.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

As a contact lens wearer, I can't wait until they get these perfected and on the market! Now I just wonder how long before someone here links these to the 'PBT'??? LOL!

new topics

join