It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Decends from 10,000 feet to 500 feet in 5 seconds!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This happened during the Belgium UFO wave on November 29, 1989.

On more than one occasion fighter jets were scrambled to intercept the UFO but with no prevail...

Radar stations report:

The triangle was moving very low, and very slowly over the landscapes of Belgium near the city of Glons, which is southeast of Brussels. A NATO manned radar station was reporting the object, and they soon found that four more stations also were getting a return from the object. The flying object would not answer hails to identify itself, and sent no transponder signal. Jets would be sent to find the object.

F-16s Sent to Intercept:

Two American-made F-16s were scrambled by the military to intercept and identify the object. One of the jet radars did lock on the object, which appeared as a diamond shape on the screen. Seconds after the lock on, the UFO quickly moved out of the plane's radar range. The F-16 went after the UFO, but after a chase that lasted an hour, the UFO escaped unidentified, except for two more radar returns.

Beyond Our Technology:

The F-16 pilot knew that he was chasing something that had speed and maneuverability far beyond the capabilities of his jet. At one point, radar returns showed that the UFO had dropped from 10,000 to 500 feet altitude in 5 seconds, an unbelievable move. The sightings of the giant triangles continued for months, being witnessed over and over again. They often flew low enough to easily be seen with the naked eye.

They took the words out of my mouth... "beyond our technology". To go from 10,000 feet to 500 feet in 5 seconds and stop with out crashing, that's pretty incredible technology, were ever it came from!

Source

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

That's old news.
It moved that fast but did NOT make a sonic boom.
It was a Triangle Starship.
Many people saw it from the ground.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

In theory, it's possible to avoid a sonic boom.

That detail doesn't hold much weight since you are assuming this technology is far advanced.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Someone made a really good sketch of the Triangle Starship
from the ground. It was placed in the book Alien Contact by
Timothy Good.
You can see the basic look by checking my past posts/threads.
Look for Triangle Starship.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I still dont understand how the hell people with brains dismiss things and stories like this that come from the Government. Oh well nice thread I've never seen it before.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

And?

That's not my point, at all.

I was stating that the absence of a sonic boom doesn't prove anything at all.

You can avoid it with our technology, and if that is alien/secret project it's possible that they did it long time ago.

And just because they didn't heard it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a " sonic boom " is not generated by the object directly - but by the air it passes through - a subtle but crucial distinction to make

hence - if its a solid object - nothing the alledged ship doies will nullify the ` boom ` - because , as it moves a volume of air equal to its volume has to be displaced

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
When I saw the title I thought of the Belgian event.
Spotted on radar.

Check out the modeling on this craft.
Flat sides, top and bottom good for radar stealth but didn't work.
Bottom might have series of rings or was the only in the photo.
ED: Being an ether ship the air not disturbed perhaps.

[edit on 8/28/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Aahhh... We talk about time and space distortion in order for those ships to make what they claim to do, this is a report of a UFO going from 10,000ft to 500ft in 5 seconds, without crashing... how can it be far stretched to think that they have a way to avoid it?

It's not the "air passing by" that causes the sonic boom. It's the air being compressed in the front and back of the plane, that in 1,225Km/h collapses and makes TWO booms (that actually sound like one).

In that case, if they could find a way to "spread" the air without compression, they would avoid a sonic boom.

And another thing, sonic booms can't be heard in all conditions, in all distances. They are loud and they are strong, but even humidity in the air can change the sound effects and intensity.

The sonic boom also changes according to the size of the airplane/ship.

[edit on 28/8/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

The warp field around the Triangle Starship prevents the sonic boom.
The F-16s were just being toyed with.
It was just an airshow.
The message was "We are here."

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Oh, so sorry, my bad. Misunderstood.

Thought you were saying that they couldn't avoid it.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
1989 Belgium UFO wave is one of the best cases IMO.

I was looking forward to hearing General Wilfried de Brouwer speak on Larry King Live before it was cancelled.

I've researched the case enough to believe they were ET craft. I refuse to believe we poses the technology to make such aircraft that could descend from 10,000 ft to 500 ft in 5 seconds, nor would we fly them over Belgium.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

To give a little perspective:

If you were in a normal jet, and it could possibly go that fast (assuming it was already going down when passing 10,000ft), if you passed 9,500ft in 5 seconds and then you stopped suddenly, you would be projected against the front of the cockpit and you would be burried in small plastic bags...made to hold liquids...

A F/A-18 can't hold a high-G turn at 750knots, so imagine how would it be to make such a maneuver.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Actually,I think that Triangle Starship was one of ours.
Remember Ronald Reagan Star Wars?
We didn't take the $$$ billions and make lasers.
We made starships.
It took us over 40 years but we finally figured it all out.
Reverse Engineering takes time. Ask Bob Lazar.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I believe the larger the craft the less of a sonic boom it creates. In addition, if it broke the sound barrier within the 5,000-10,000 feet range, would it have been heard on the ground by police witnesses?

new topics

top topics

join