It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun Quiz and Great Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is a great site with lot's of free information..

(Free is good)

Wildcrafting is the activity of foraging for wild edibles and medicines in the bush. Prior to the invention of agriculture most human civilization relied on this activity for sustenance, and today for health and economic reasons it is experiencing a revival. The edible world surrounds us, this site will help you take advantage.

Wildcrafting

Also good and here is the quiz..

Wilderness Survival

At times you may find yourself in a situation for which you could not plan. In this instance you may not have had the chance to learn the plant life of the region in which you must survive. In this case you can use the Universal Edibility Test to determine which plants you can eat and those to avoid.

It is important to be able to recognize both cultivated and wild edible plants in a survival situation. Most of the information in this chapter is directed towards identifying wild plants because information relating to cultivated plants is more readily available.

Remember...

Information is knowledge, knowledge is power, power can help you survive..

Semper

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I went on this site before, and love it!

S&F for making the thread

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Congratulations, you passed with a score of 90%. Just brush up on what you missed and you'd make an excellent survivor.

I got the crossing a river wrong, and the international fire distress signal wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I got the crossing a river wrong

So did I, but I could argue his logic...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I don't agree with mushroom question answer from the quiz, I know almost all eatable mashrooms that you can eat raw or cooked and it would be my first choice to collect some of those because it is great supply callories.
Another question that I don't agree with is where to build a shelter. I don't care if I going to be resqued I like it in the wild. LOL

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Semper

I must say, you must have read my mind...

These sites are exactly where I needed to go. They have the info for a semi novice such as myself to learn what I need to know.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

new topics

top topics

join