It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Fellow Survivalists!!! I'm Your New FSME...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I'd like to complain that he wasnt made FSME earlier

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Wow, A STA Marine! When were you in?

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Doc80]

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Doc80]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Forgive my stupidity but why flag and star an FMSE
introduction? Is this some form of techno-groveling
I don't know about?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I don't know about?

It's because a well respected member has agreed to share his expertise with those that are interested in this topic. Seeing as they can't send cards or chocolates what's wrong with showing appreciation in this manner? Do we have a hurt ego here?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I don't know about?

It's because a well respected member has agreed to share his expertise with those that are interested in this topic. Seeing as they can't send cards or chocolates what's wrong with showing appreciation in this manner? Do we have a hurt ego here?

I asked that you forgive my stupidity. I was trying to be humorous but failed obviously. Sorry to have offended anyone, particularly Semper as I think he is knowlegable and friendly. Mea Culpa

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hey! Once again I'm out of the loop. Or maybe I was in the loop but failed to realize it. That's common.

Anyway, glad to see you're the FSME for the Survival Forum, Semp. That's a forum I read frequently but don't do much participating since I know almost nothing about it.

In a SHTF scenario, I'd be a great human sandbag.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

that's ok yeahright, we could all use a good gun rest.
but rests
work best when they don't move.
(think you could lay still with bullets flying around you?) Read through some of the threads here, I think I know a good deal yet I learn new stuff all the time. It's really not
that daunting, besides if you have questions there are plenty of folks here that can give you competent answers. Hope we see you around!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Semper, did you ever meet a man named Michael Echanis? He might have worked with you on knife combatives. He disappeared while "assisting" in Central America, during the Contra episode. Just curious. Also welcome a good mind is always needed in the survival forum.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Congratulations and long over do. Oh and by the ARMY Rules
Just kidding Service is service its all good. some of my best friends were marines.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

I know of him yes....

reply to post by yeahright

I'd be a great human sandbag

So you're volunteering huh?

reply to post by Doc80

1980's

Semper

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Excellent choice, semper you have proven to always be willing to help whenever I ahve asked. Thanks for taking the position on one of the most important forums on this site.

Julie

CX

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
Semper, did you ever meet a man named Michael Echanis? He might have worked with you on knife combatives. He disappeared while "assisting" in Central America, during the Contra episode. Just curious.

Is that the martial arts teacher Michael Echanis mentioned in the book, "The Men Who Stare At Goats".

He allegedly dropped one dead by staring at it.

CX.

[edit on 31/8/09 by CX]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I am not aware of his goat staring prowess, but I could see why he might drop one with a stare. He was a knife combatives instructor in the late seventies and early eighties. He used a multitude of methods but was a grand master of Warang-do a Korean form. I am not one for different forms but this guy was the real deal. He worked with various military spec-forces groups and was thought to be active with the CIA. He disappeared while on assignment in Central America. A pioneer in knife fighting before many people knew of such. He also studied with Danny Inosanto and the late Bruce Lee.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
hey everyone, i'm also new here! i consider myself "outdoorsy" and i've had some basic survival training in high school, and stuff i've picked up along the years of camping and hiking, etc...

i'm here to learn more, and more practical ways to do everyday tasks. i thrive in critical thinking and problem solving situations, and i like to look at objects/scenarios from alternative points of view, aka how to do/use something differently.

i hope to learn lots, and contribute back what i learn

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by patrickhatch

Glad you've decided to hang out with us Patrick. Welcome
aboard! If you love problem-solving then survival is the category
for you. Creative people can really excell by finding novel
solutions to common problems, sometimes all it takes is a fresh
viewpoint. Hope you find what you're looking for, if not then start
a thread to get answers from others. Just get your 20 posts in then
you can begin your own threads. Catch you later!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

yeah, what i'd like to do is start a topic of discussion where people can post "dry run" scenarios, and gear required to practice their techniques and ideas in a controlled environment, and without the stress of actually having to do these things to make it.

maybe include stuff like

- objective/goals
- gear required
- then outline techniques/strategies needed, include links to other threads if necessary

i like the idea of the B.O.B. or "go bag" as i've also seen it called...i wanna start my own, but i'm thinking that where i live vs. where other users are at, might be a bit different...

i'm gonna start writing and editing on a word doc now, and when i get to 20 posts, i'll start a new topic...share what i know, and hopefully get some feedback/advice for any other "newbies" to the game...

btw i was a lifeguard/EMT, took wilderness emergency medicine, and while i was a lifeguard, we did a lot of "red hat" drills, making them as realistic as possible, makeup, actors, the works...then we'd use the CPR dummies for actually doing any resuscitation, etc...if anyone is interested in working out some detailed scenarios, don't hesitate to PM or email me!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
duplicate post, answered in another thread...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by patrickhatch]

CX

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by patrickhatch
yeah, what i'd like to do is start a topic of discussion where people can post "dry run" scenarios, and gear required to practice their techniques and ideas in a controlled environment, and without the stress of actually having to do these things to make it.

maybe include stuff like

- objective/goals
- gear required
- then outline techniques/strategies needed, include links to other threads if necessary

That sounds like a great thread Patrick, looking forward to it.

CX.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Semper Fi! Mac.
USMC 76-80
USN 80-96
Designators
FMF/SERE/SW.
Been there, done that, got shot at.
PISC- WestPac, Iraq, Afghanistan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Africa

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Congratulations semper!

I'll echo whats already been said; your a good choice for the role!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join