It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Paine talks about the Second American Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Thomas Paine, author of "Common Sense," returns to modern times to plea for a second revolution to take back America, Now!

(Reminder: This is not me
)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Wow... Even dead guys are dissing our modern government!

He makes some points too!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Where have you been man? This is a few months old, he was on Glenn Beck a couple times as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

really? No one told me!

Is there a video? What did Beck say to him?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This guy is honestly one of my heros now. I saw him in another video once but i forget which one now.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Thomas Paine National Historical Society

Paine boldly announced that it was the duty of the State to care for the indigent and the young, and declared that those who received such assistance were entitled to it, "not as a matter of grace and favour but as a right." These old-age pensions were to be paid for in part by those taxes to which every one contributed and in part by further exactions "from those whose circumstances did not require them to draw such support," and this program he defended as "not of the nature of a charity but of a right." Expenditures for public education, old age pensions, state aid to the youth, unemployment insurance and soldiers' bonus, he argued, were far better employed than in the support of useless royalty. ~ Editor Note by Philip S. Foner, The Complete Writings of Thomas Paine, Vol. I, p. 242.

Thomas Paine: Rights of Man Pt 1

Thomas Paine: Rights of Man Pt 2

Paine continued the discussion he began in Part II of the Rights of Man of the problem of the elimination of poverty and developed further his proposals for limiting the accumulation of property. The crux of the entire question of eliminating poverty, he points out, lay in the institution of private property, for this principle was the source of the evils of society. Landed property and private property, he argued, were made possible only by the operation of society since whatever property men accumulated beyond their own labor came from the fact that they lived in society. ". . . The accumulation of personal property," he wrote, "is, in many instances, the effect of paying too little for the labor that produced it; the consequence of which is, that the working hand perishes in old age, and the employer abounds in affluence." God had never opened a land office, he held, from which perpetual deeds to the earth should be issued. He spoke, he boldly declared, for "all those who have been thrown out of their natural inheritance by the introduction of the system of landed property."

Thomas Paine: Agrarian Justice

But, lest it should be supposed that I believe many other things in addition to these, I shall, in the progress of this work, declare the things I do not believe, and my reasons for not believing them. I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church. All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

Thomas Paine: Age of Reason Pt 1

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Where have you been man? This is a few months old, he was on Glenn Beck a couple times as well.

And he was invited to the White House by Obama wasn't he?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

He says that in a video I think.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I actually had the pleasure of meeting this guy and well, he spoke the truth. He came right to the dead center of this country and well, I would if I could, walk from here to the white house and join the guy.

new topics

top topics

join