It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Revolution of the Information Age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Have you noticed that each age has had a revolution, violent, or non violent?

Here are two examples.

The French Revolution.

This was a revolution between the agricultural age and the industrial age. The government didn't fit in with the need of a change from the two ages. The government was still in the agricultural age, but the people where trying to move forward.

The Civil War.

Yet again, another revolution from the agricultural age to the industrial age, accept this time the government was moving forward, and not the people.

The industrial age needed a few basic things to work.
-A stronger government to control the industries.
-More taxes to keep things running.
-Capitalism

We do not need that anymore. For the information age, we need more freedom, and less taxes. Holding back on freedoms in the information age is not good. The freedom we need is not being censored and not being held back on our advances of the internet. The people are ready for the advances, but the governments of the world are holding us back from hitting our potential on technology. They hold back to much information, and control us to much, not allowing us to move forward.

We also don't need taxes. We have computers and robotics to do what we use to need humans for in the government, meaning we don't need taxes to pay for the people.

Capitalism, with the new age we are in, isn't necessarily needed. We could do fairly well without capitalism right now. With the internet we have no need for some much powers in business where we can find things cheaper and better from smaller businesses on the internet.

The internet connects everybody, and empowers the people and gives them control. We don't have to deal with corporations in control on the internet. We can buy from other people. The internet allows us to find information for ourselves. We should not allow the governments of the world to hold us back on this wonderful opportunity we have. We have to stand up and accept the new age we are in.

New ages bring new problems, but also new abilities and freedoms. If we want to move forward we shouldn't let anyone bring us down just because they aren't changing. We should let ourselves truelly be free by moving forward.

There will be a revolution somewhere in the next five-ten years, where people decide they aren't going to take it anymore.

I believe communism could work, now that it is not the industrial age anymore. Communism may work, if there is no dictator or major power involved in it. Who news, someone could come up with a new idea that may be even better.
This is my prediction; I want your take when you finish reading this post.

If any of you are interested, there is a book on this concept. It is called Control Revolution, by: Andrew L. Shapiro. It was written in 1999, before internet was crazy big like it is now. In this book it discussed how websites had 300,000 people a month on it. Now that can easily happen in an hour, or a day. Imagine how fast you can spread an idea or a belief with that many people.

Please, discuss this, because I have a feeling change can be on the way.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
this is a very interesting topic im glad your discussing this, as should more others get tired of having to pay TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET! it f ing boggles my mind that we live the way we do. why cant we just stop? because of all the people....(myself included) am still in the same mind set of following. its just going to take that one person to do something outrageous and cause all of this to happen. but no one is willing to come up and be a martyr of sorts. we shall only have to wait to see how this cluster f* is going to settle. S n F bro thanks for the thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828
this is a very interesting topic im glad your discussing this, as should more others get tired of having to pay TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET! it f ing boggles my mind that we live the way we do. why cant we just stop? because of all the people....(myself included) am still in the same mind set of following. its just going to take that one person to do something outrageous and cause all of this to happen. but no one is willing to come up and be a martyr of sorts. we shall only have to wait to see how this cluster f* is going to settle. S n F bro thanks for the thread.
No one needs to be a martyr, we all need to see that hoping for the next person to change something and start something won't work because that person is most likely looking for someone else to do something, after so long theres no one to hope for. We all need to stand up for what we believe in, and stop yelling at the TV's and complaining to our families. We need to rise up to freedom.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Come on! Someone say something!

top topics

join