It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W|ND|R - this Norwegian Genius Died...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
this music is just brilliant. Nothing beats the music of this man ... nothing ...
this is the Cover of the album : Likferd.. I am not sure of the English term for this Journey of the Dead ..
You see the the Coffin in the back of the Boat there, and what Norway is now, is just messed up by greedy power hungry cynicle hybrids that aint even from this planet ..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd38b94cba40.gif[/atsimg]

this music is some kind of mix of Norwegian Wiking/metal and Norwegian Folk music ..
You are seriously going to like this if you take the time to listen to it !!!

Sadly, he was caught by a surprise blizzard and froze to death...

Hmm. Nothing Beats these rythms .

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I hope you broke this news to Hellmutt gently, he will be devasted to hear it.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
I hope you broke this news to Hellmutt gently, he will be devasted to hear it.

What ??
I am not following ! ?

Yea, I see, Windows Directory !!! Uhm..

[edit on 28/8/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I believe she's pointing to the fact that I'm Norwegian (Hallo, hallo!
).

Anyway, I haven't heard about this band before. And I can see on wiki, that he died in January 2004, before I even joined ATS. So it's not news...

Windir

The band broke up when Valfar died of hypothermia amidst the hills of Sogndal on January 14, 2004.

edit to add some more:

On January 14th, 2004, Terje "Valfar" Bakken went to his family's cabin at Fagereggi, Norway by foot. Seeing he had never arrived his family contacted local authorities, who organized a search party. On January 17th, Valfar's body was found at Reppastølen in the Sogndal valley. Apparently surprised by the extreme weather and deep snow, he had attempted to turn back toward home, but died from hypothermia on the way.

[edit on 28 Aug 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Hellmutt is a super Moderator, but also secretly our resident hammer wielding music God Thor from Norway.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

EDIT
But as he's never heard of this band...i say move along people nothing to see here.

I retract the music god label wholeheartedly, and leave the OP to mourning your loss....zazz quietlly leaves the wake.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Oh nice! Never expected to see a Windir thread here!

Epic band for sure. I need to get onto finally buying their CDs. Their vocalist died the most kvlt and grim and frostbitten death ever. Seriously, Dead's death has nothing on the pure black metal death of Valfar. I mean, dying in a snowstorm? Damn! Brvtal hails!

Did I just say "brvtal hails"? Yeesh. Awkward.

Seriously though, this band is FTWindir!

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Haha, My bad, I did an fast search on helmutt and all I saw was Windows related stuff.. HEHE, thats why I thought you were making a joke about the Band name Win/Dir ..

But Im glad to see some responce to this thread.
I never thought there were people actualy knowing or heard about WindiR.

It warms my heart !!

But, HellMutt, vet du hva Likferd translates to in english ??

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Hmmm. I'm not sure. Perhaps "funeral"? "Lik" means corpse or dead body, and "ferd" means transportation or traveling. Likferd is a kind of ceremonial transporting of a dead body to a site where the burial is to take place. I'm not sure whether a "funeral" starts before the burying part of the ceremony...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Hmmm. I'm not sure. Perhaps "funeral"? "Lik" means corpse or dead body, and "ferd" means transportation or traveling. Likferd is a kind of ceremonial transporting of a dead body to a site where the burial is to take place. I'm not sure whether a "funeral" starts before the burying part of the ceremony...

Hmm, I think you have something called Wake, but that is maybe for 'viewing' the dead body ??

StiffTrip ??

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Actually, in your OP you say "journey of the dead". And that's what it is. A corpse's journey to the place of the burial. A funeral might be the whole thing, the journey and the burial.

edit to add:
There might not be any english word for the journey alone. I don't know...

[edit on 29 Aug 2009 by Hellmutt]

top topics

join