It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland Town Mayor Hoists Gadsden Flag in Protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Maryland Town Mayor Hoists Gadsden Flag in Protest

www.infowars.com

Hampstead to Fly Protest Flag

In an act of protest, Hampstead Mayor Haven N. Shoemaker has ordered the Town’s municipal flag to be replaced by the historic Gadsden “Don’t Tread On Me” flag. Mayor Shoemaker will raise the flag after a brief ceremony at the War Memorial in Hampstead at 6 p.m., September 1. The timing of the ceremony coincides with anticipated cuts in state funding to local governments including Hampstead.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.townofhampstead.us
www.dailypaul.com

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
All towns should follow suit! This is my kind of protest!
What a visual picture...think of this!

All over America U.S.A. ~ DONT TREAD ON ME ~

Yellow Flags waving in protest!

The flag was designed by and is named after American general and statesman Christopher Gadsden. The use of the timber rattlesnake on the yellow flag as a symbol of the American colonies can be traced back to the publications of Benjamin Franklin. In 1751, he made the first reference to the rattlesnake in a satirical commentary published in his Pennsylvania Gazette. It had been the policy of Britain to send convicted criminals to America, and Franklin suggested that they thank the British by sending rattlesnakes to England. During the Revolutionary War, the snake image was used as a symbol of the colonies. Since the Revolution the flag has seen times of reintroduction as both a symbol of American patriotism and as a symbol of disagreement with the government.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
UH OH ... Hope the Mayor knows the FBI considers that a Terrorist symbol! ..

I hope this spreads.. the Local governments have been crushed by this depression, they are not getting bailouts.. they feel directly the pain of the individual. America needs to start standing up to these bastards!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
That's a good clear image of the flag. Everybody ought to right click on it, save the image, then print it off nice n large and put it in their windows (if they agree with it, of course).

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I hope this spreads.. the Local governments have been crushed by this depression, they are not getting bailouts.. they feel directly the pain of the individual. America needs to start standing up to these bastards!

damn straight!

2nd line

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I just wish we had such a good symbol of discontent with our government in Britain. If I flew that flag over here anybody who actually recognised it would just think (rightly) that I'm a fan of the T.V. show Jericho. There's no point even flying the British flag upside down as (probably) no one would even notice and as for the flag of England (my country) there no difference which way up it goes. Maybe I'll have to make my own that just simply states "Hang all politicians"

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
All I can say is:
Good for him!

Now, if only the rest of America can wake and stand up to these crooks, before it is too late...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Hmm.. Ya, don't know.. guess you could always make one? .. Or adopt the flag we are using here in the States, since it was directed at your Monarchy to begin with? I don't know what the show Jericho is, so I don't understand the confusion. Or if you Scottish/Welsh/Cornish/Manx/Irish you have your own respective flags.. Poor Brits. You guys desperately need to send a message to your over oppressive politically correct Government too, I think ATS needs to delegate an emergency flag committee to help you Brits out!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Well, I think your avatar is in the right vein. Hoist the Jolly Roger! Age old symbol of defiance of "legally constituted" authority.
Still, if its getting rid of politicians we need, there's always The Black Flag...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
He's using it the wrong way and coming off like a jackass.

If I read the article correctly he's upset that the state is cutting funding and because of this cut his town won't be getting the lump sum of redistribute, stolen and extorted property the state has collected?

If he really wanted to stand for liberty he would have stopped accepting the money long ago and told the state his town and his town residents would no longer be paying the extortion and then raising the flag.

As it is now it's like some welfare queen getting upset that her benefits are about to run out.

Such is my understating.

new topics

top topics

join