It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for us to come together.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
After reading the news today....I just feel I've hit my tipping point. I had calmed down for awhile. I had some new rekindled hope with the birth of my daughter as I seen how great the spectacle of human life can really be. Today though..I fear for her future.

I'm angry.

I'm tired of the war that keeps throwing us into endless debt and hatred from the rest of the world...I'm tired of the banks that keep STEALING FROM US...I'm tired of a corrupted government, both Bush's and Obama's administrations, killing any chance of the middle class holding their ground, I'm tired of seeing our money being inflated, I'm tired of being taxed, I'm tired of seeing my freedoms infringed on, I'm tired of watching a news media that is corporate owned, I'm tired of ALL OF IT.

GD!!!!

I just want was is best for my family and the rest of the people...the hard working....the poor...the people that are just struggling to make a decent life for themselves...

I don't care about the rich. I don't care about ideology anymore either. I want what is best for my daughter...I want what is best for you. I don't want what is best for business...I don't want what is best for government.

Stop the MADNESS.. PLEASE.

If you are affiliated with Democrats or Republicans.....please look at what they are doing. PLEASE.

I know that most of you just want what is best for your family. Quit arguing and defending a PARTY that you have NO REASON TO DEFEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Please.

Just....please.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
u2u me anytime man,i feel the same.and im only 20 yeard old,everything bad that will happen will be before i even have a child ):
if we gather together and help each other we may change things
but we must ACT,not just rant, we MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

f we gather together and help each other we may change things but we must ACT,not just rant, we MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

I agree! People need to learn to get out of the constant attacking of the other party and defending of their own. It should be the opposite...then all will be exposed and we can finally fix things.

The future is grim and it's not right...for those who have just joined the world....or for those who have yet to.

We are leaving them hell and we should be ashamed of ourselves....but instead we continue to argue over nothing.

We argue over ideologies and beliefs while we continue to suffer.

I have found my common ground....I feel that you have as well.

It's time for everyone to find their common ground...and a common goal...

People just don't realize the power they have...they let themselves be divided from the very things that threaten their livelyhood.

I want to do something. I don't want it to be influenced by an interest group.. I don't want it to be influenced by money backed by a corporation...

I want to do something because it's RIGHT.

For everyone....and people need to realize that we are all in the same boat together.

We will all either float...or sink.

And we are sinking.............................

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
David, you are absolutely right. We are living in madness and it depresses the heck out of me.

Have you heard about the 09/12/09 March on Washington?

Sounds pretty big yet I wonder what kind of coverage the MSM will give it.

what is happening is evil and I am so tired of it all.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I know how you feel friend.
I'm ready to take action, just waiting for the opportunity.
Until then I'm helping with spreading awareness.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

what is happening is evil and I am so tired of it all.

I'm tired too. I am. I've found myself back to where I was a few months ago. I've tried to be positive lately. I really have. But I can no longer ignore the massive beat down we are all receiving.

What did I do to deserve this? What did you do? What did anyone do?

We did NOTHING to deserve this.

I can't afford to go to Washington. I can't afford to leave my job, which i'm LUCKY to still have, and then unable to feed my child.

So i sit here....typing....angry....afraid...tired....helpless....and feeling trapped.

I hope that one day...soon...the greatness of people....all of us...of all wealth, color, and religious beliefs.....

Finally come together for the best of ALL of us.

BTW...I have received an email from Dick Armey about the March on Washington asking me to donate 185 dollars for porta-potties.

WTF!

Sometimes Sad-eyed-layed....I just wish the whole world would go away.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by David9176]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Congrats on the beautiful baby, hang in there man alot of people are feeling this.
Try to find some like-minded people in your area that you can get with and vent/plan/prepare.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

Congrats on the beautiful baby, hang in there man alot of people are feeling this. Try to find some like-minded people in your area that you can get with and vent/plan/prepare.

Thank you! I know that many people are feeling this. I live in Michigan which has the highest unemployment rate in the country.

I just want people to start holding accountable the ones they defend.

Even those I disagree with....those I argue with....I want the best for them. I want the best for all of us.

We're all being screwed...it has nothing to do with ideology....or political parties....

Please people.

Maybe this is a thread that leads nowhere...

I just wish others would see this way.

We are all losing....whether it be lives, wealth, or liberty.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
May You Always Feel Loved

May you find serenity and tranquility in a world you may not always understand.

May the pain you have known and the conflict you have experienced give you the strength to walk through life facing each new situation with courage and optimism.

Always know that there are those whose love and understanding will always be there, even when you feel most alone.

May you discover enough goodness in others to believe in a world of peace.

May a kind word, a reassuring touch, a warm smile be yours every day of your life, and may you give these gifts as well as receive them.

Remember the sunshine when the storm seems unending.

Teach love to those who know hate, and let that love embrace you as you go into the world.

May the teaching of those you admire become part of you, so that you may call upon them.

Remember, those whose lives you have touched and who have touched yours are always a part of you, even if the encounters were less than you would have wished.

It is the content of the encounter that is more important than it's form.

May you not become too concerned with material matters, but instead place immeasurable value on the goodness in your heart.

Find time in each day to see the beauty and love in the world around you.

Realize that each person has limitless abilities, but each of us is different in our own way.

What you may feel you lack in one regard may be more than compensated for in another.

What you feel you lack in the present may become one of your strengths in the future.

May you see your future as one filled with promise and possibility.

Learn to view everything as a worthwhile experience.

May you find enough inner strength to determine your own worth by yourself, and not be dependent on another's judgments of your accomplishments.

May you always feel loved.

You already have everything you need in your life to be happy. The solution is simple. Stop buying into what is happening around you and instead imagine the world or your life the way you want it to be. Forget about materialism and wealth and those people in power who are obsessed with it, but instead be happy with what you have. Your family & friends and a positive attitude is all you need. If only everyone simply stopped buying into the fear & manipulation and stopped being hateful and ignorant. This is exactly what these people want and they want you to react, they want you to be fearful, hateful and angry. They want you to become like them. Rise above it all and take control of your own life and destiny and be the best person you possibly can be. The rest will take care of itself.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You are so right. And to add a spiritual touch, I believe this is what the end of this era is about.... US ALL coming together as one. This THE END of evil, and the beginning of OUR new lives. To help our neighbors, to live in peace, to live free of tyranny. We have a choice here.

This is them, in their end game, in a panic... pulling out all the stops. WE can hold fast to our peace, we can resist peacefully and demand answers in a peaceful way. But so many more must demand with us. And I do believe in the coming months more will do so. There will be a people revolution, a quiet revolution where people start making choices to live in their highest truths. Slowly, it will come about.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I entirely agree with you, entirely. We need a change but it cannot and will not happen until we are "all" unified for a common purpose. Whatever the purpose may be is irrelevant as long as it leads us against our government and towards our freedoms. Unfortunately people are sheep and will not give up their toys and comforts until they are pushed into the corner. TPTB know this and that is why we are allowed certain freedoms if any. Not to mention with so much information out there no one can establish a correct opinion on the current events and state of the country. It has been established this way to do just this, keep us conflicting and separate because TPTB know once we can put trivial things aside and really focus, they are up sh*t creek with no paddle. Even though me and you see the same there are many who will not. Not because they cannot see, but because they choose not to.

They are apathetic, complacent, ignorant and choose to remain so as long as their comforts can be met and as long as their masquerading safety remains.

It all is a complicated situation and is meant to be to keep us submissive and to keep us from uniting. However the only way we can unite together to stand against this BS is to find a common ground to open people to the truth. What that common ground is I am not sure but I lean toward it being knowledge and understanding. There is a bigger picture here, I see it, you see it but unless you have the same features of a revolutionary and are good with people, I fear there is not much we can do. However keep hope friend and keep digging as I am. We must find something that can unify us, we must find something that can open minds like a can opener and we must prevail.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" ~Johanne Wolfgang Von Goethe

Edit for quote that is so appropriate.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

What we did to deserve this is allow it to happen along with the generations before us. It is our fault, not mine, not yours but collectively as a nation and world. Collectively people are uneducated, trend driven, shallow fools who focus exclusively on material possessions over real purpose and meaning. But after we take our freedoms back the most important part of all of this is to "REMEMBER" what and how this had happened to prevent it from ever happening again. If we do not teach our children and them the same we allow a crack in the gates of corruption and someone will start it all over again. We MUST kill the pattern and always remember, ALWAYS.

S&F by the way.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
No how you feel

Bringing a child into the world is the most profound thing you will ever do

your life becomes secondary and the focus is on their tiny lives

and it should be

who really knows what our future holds

we as life givers ultimately want the best for our offspring

that has kept our planet in motion

PEACE

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Two questions David.

If this was a glowing economy, would you still feel the same anger?

Do you feel other people would care about Washington's agenda if things were rosier?

IMO, people will not come together because majority of Americans are die hard party members.

No proof on last, just my opinion. I think if they were to come together, it would have already happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

What we did to deserve this is allow it to happen along with the generations before us. It is our fault, not mine, not yours but collectively as a nation and world. Collectively people are uneducated, trend driven, shallow fools who focus exclusively on material possessions over real purpose and meaning.

Maybe...maybe not. We are constantly bombarded with corporate media. It doesn't matter what channel you watch..whether it be Fox News or MSNBC...it's all the same to me.

No one defends the American people in reality no matter how much they claim to be. Neil Cavuto, for example, was railing in support of Ben Bernanke being reappointed and saying, "Well, the Bush administration couldnt' have been all bad guys right, since Obama kept them?"

Sure Neil, let's just ignore the fact that 9 TRILLION dollars is unaccounted for that the Federal Reserve is responsible for.

I think people have been misled...left and right. The internet is the only thing that is bringing some type of truth. The problem is that the very thing that fueled the left during the Bush administration is being ignored now.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Two questions David. If this was a glowing economy, would you still feel the same anger? Do you feel other people would care about Washington's agenda if things were rosier? IMO, people will not come together because majority of Americans are die hard party members. No proof on last, just my opinion. I think if they were to come together, it would have already happen.

Would I still feel the same anger?

Honestly, no I wouldn't. If there is nothing to notice, if nothing seemed as if it was going wrong...I wouldn't.....and that's an honest answer and I always try to be honest. Of course, having a child would change that as well.

Do you feel other people would care about Washington's agenda if things were rosier?

No they wouldn't....and i think you know that. Most people are concerned about their family and themselves..not everyone else. Who holds the most priority to you? I'm sure it's family.

I think you're a good person jam321...you seem to be independent in thinking. I always try to be completely honest in my responses. I do also realize that my opinions change and that my opinions seems to have shifted from the majority of the people who post on ATS...at least where flag/stars are concerned....but that's ok.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I agree that we are being mislead entirely. They are purposely doing so for the sole reason of us remaining scattered and confused. MSM and all corporately controlled and tweaked media is BS to me. They say if it bleeds it leads and that speaks volumes in my head. But it is still happening en masse as others choose not to question and choose bliss over truth.

I have too many family members I've tried convincing but they just won't allow themselves to recognize what is really happening. They put up the barrier and won't acknowledge anything. If they do all their life's goals won't be so important anymore. Their 2 million dollar house won't matter or their boat and projection theater, the things they have worked so hard for, the things they have purposely sought as a parallel to comfortably deny reality.

We have all been misled, what makes the difference is who accepts it even though others are trying to help and those who painfully accept the truth. MSM is complete trash to me and I haven't watched it for over 3 years now as it another control and fear tactic by the heartless, corporate machine that turns the cogs of corruption.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Your honesty is admired.

Most people are concerned about their family and themselves..not everyone else. Who holds the most priority to you? I'm sure it's family.

Family holds priority but I believe in helping others just as much. I don't need praise, don't need publicity. I just always keep in mind that I am one step away from joining those who are less fortunate.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

After reading the news today....I just feel I've hit my tipping point. I had calmed down for awhile. I had some new rekindled hope with the birth of my daughter as I seen how great the spectacle of human life can really be. Today though..I fear for her future.

I don't know what it was about today's news that tipped you over the edge, but just remember....

Your daughter relies upon you to give her a better world than the one you were born into.

Don't let her down.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Family holds priority but I believe in helping others just as much. I don't need praise, don't need publicity. I just always keep in mind that I am one step away from joining those who are less fortunate.

Absolutely. This is how I think you could differentiate the difference.

Your child and another is drowning at the same time...who do you jump in to save?

You know the answer...and you would bust ass to save the other of course...as I would.

That doesn't make you a bad person jam321. I'm right there with you on this one.

I want the best for everyone....but family will always come first and I think most would agree with that.

We are all a step away from being less fortunate...which is why we all need to be that more compassionate to those who are that way....that separates you from others in your thinking and I commend you for that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join