It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A pointless question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I know that I need points to get into the 'really above top secret' site.

It's become a goal for me. Kind of like getting into the "V.I.P." area of the local topless bar.

But I don't want to be a bad netizen. So:

Do I earn points per post? I have been laboring laboriously to create these extravegant theses on various topics. But should I just create a jillion terse comments in order to get my point and ultimately my Omega clearance?

I know it must be wrong. Please tell me why, without reference to Kharma.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have access to RATS and believe me...you are missing NOTHING!

Send Skeptic a U2U and ask if I can transfer my access to you. Does me no good.....I never go there. I also believe if you post in ATS you get more points...not sure...don't quote me on that.

PS. Stay away from those topless bars....you'll never meet a nice girl there

[Edited on 5/13/2004 by Venus]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Each post earns you points. Posts in the different forums earn different amounts of points. Posts in ATS earn more than posts in BTS, afaik.

Starting a thread that is popular and gains many replies will earn you many, many points, so start a great thread in ATS, and you will be in in no time.

Here's a preview of what you are missing.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He he.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Also you could post news reports in ATSNN. If they are accepted, you will get more points.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
good advice so far, however making many pointless posts will only cause conflict and problems between members.

Just make sure that you post good quality topics and make sure your replies are on topic and not just one liners that mean nothing.

welcome and look forward to reading what you have to say.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I would personally recommend losing the obsession with points. I would think it would create a sort of writers block, in a sense preventing you from making natural, "you" sounding posts, which are always IMO the best posts to read.

Why don't you just post on topics that interest you in which you have something you want to say ? Wow, quite a concept, I know. But the reason you joined ATS/BTS was for fun informative learning and the free-flowing trade of ideas and opinions, right ?

Well, I believe that obsessing with points undermines that basic philosophy.

Just relax and have fun.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's not a pointless question and one more newbies should ask. Now we can just reference this thread in the future.

You are just caught up in this. It's new, it's incredible, you want more, more ,more. Nothing wrong with that. The points lose their lustre, so don't sweat it. Just follow what was said before this post, and probably after and enjoy the site. You want more? Check out the blogs and chat. Search past topics, maybe there is something there that you can contribute or learn. Enjoy.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
About the topless bar comment; Frau Doktor Strangecraft didn't care for that one, either.

I posted a rant about the RATS and my desire to enter it, posted in the BTS area.

I know that the point is not to see who can get the most points. It's just you know, a personal quest to get in RATS.

Perceval is a nobody until he starts looking for that Grail thingy. (which will probably just turn out to be the reflection of somone's emergency beacon, which, I've just remembered, is grail-shaped . . .)

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Maybe the mods could have the discretionary ability to grant exceptional entry to RATS for outstanding newbies?

Mind you, I'm sure the mods have better things to do that reply to fifty U2Us a day from aspirant kids.

Of course, if there *are* any free tickets to RATS available, then I wouldn't mind *too* much...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Actually, other than the ATS store, is there aything that the points are good for? I hear alot about people saying that other people are just collecting points. Is it just for the ATS stuff?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
be carefull in what you post as a new thread. I seam to have a adverse afect on threads .It looks like I can kill them in their tracks

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadcatsrule
be carefull in what you post as a new thread. I seam to have a adverse afect on threads .It looks like I can kill them in their tracks

Ok DCR, bump. Oops, your voodoo is gone.

top topics

join