It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More 'Evidence' of Intelligent Design Shot Down By Science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have some conflicting personal theories about intelligent design... But this article explains how modern science has debunked 'evidence' supposedly supporting intelligent design. Interesting article.

More 'Evidence' of Intelligent Design Shot Down By Science

Intricate cellular components are often cited as evidence of intelligent design. They couldn’t have evolved, I.D. proponents say, because they can’t be broken down into smaller, simpler functional parts. They are irreducibly complex, so they must have been intentionally designed, as is, by an intelligent entity.

But new research comparing mitochondria, which provide energy to animal cells, with their bacterial relatives, shows that the necessary pieces for one particular cellular machine — exactly the sort of structure that’s supposed to prove intelligent design — were lying around long ago. It was simply a matter of time before they came together into a more complex entity.

The pieces “were involved in some other, different function. They were recruited and acquired a new function,” said Sebastian Poggio, a postdoctoral cell biologist at Yale University and co-author of the study published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

Already been posted:

Here

Search is a man bestest friend.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Lol, guess I just used my 'get out of jail' free card.... thx for the hasty response

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

Not a problem my friend
It happens.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thread closed. Please continue in the thread linked.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
[Never Mind]

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Gemwolf]

top topics

join