It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being of light/Angelic warning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I am going to share this for a few reasons. One, it is what I concider one of the biggest experiences in my life,that had the most profound effect on everything else, and two, because I am ALWAYS hoping to find other people who have experienced this or might have some insight. Please keep an open mind

When I was 17, I was a practicing Satanist. I was drawn into the ritual aspect of it because I had a craving for magic and wanted the fast track to power. All thoughout my life up till that point, I had experienced a lot of ESP, and was searching for my own spiritual answers and a way to understand all of it. Some friends of mine were exploring Satanism so I also took an interest in it.

Anyways, to make a very long story short.

I was sitting in my living room, and a very bright light appeared. Gold and yellow. A man suddenly stepped out of the light and pointed at me, Said Kneel and pray! And I was hit with a blast of light like I cannot properly describe other than it was many things, emotions, feelings, words, warmth, overbearing and unconditional love.

The man spoke physically, but also seemed telepathic, he felt very very familar to me, and much of this is hard to describe in words. I was told that what I was doing was wrong, that all I had to do was stop, and all I had to do was stop, and all would be ok, I was forgiven,loved, and had a special meaning, someday, I would help a lot of people. But first I had to change course, it was not for me.

This all happened in a matter of seconds.

I didnt kneel or pray, in fact...I got so scared that I litteraly said "F**k this!!" and I ran out my front door.
I remember very clearly thinking this isnt supposed to happen! My body litteraly gave me the fight of flight response and I ran.

It scared me so bad, that I dropped all religion altogether, wanted nothing to do with any of it what so ever for years after. Still dont, I am not religious, I am spiritual. I dont conform to any one set religion now, and see them all as valid in some form.

Anyways, I was 17 at the time. Young dumb...etc etc. I have told this story to many people, with many different opinions coming back at me about it. Would love to hear yours.

The physical description of this being was around 6' tall, male, white robes, gold trim with symbols on the robe ends. Cant remember what symbols, just that there were markings, he had long wavey hair, blondish brown color to it, looked very much like a classic picture of Jesus, but I want to stress that he didnt say who he was, and I didnt stick around to ask. Whoever he was, he was deffinetly divine in nature, I have no doubt about that, wasnt any mistaking it. When you feel something like that, there is no questioning it, you just know.

It has never happened again, though I have had many experiences that go beyond the norm and into the paranormal and spiritual realms.

So thats the story...thoughts...opinions??

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
firstly, a holy being or anyone who is truly benevolent would not command you to bow before it and pray. I can understand that you felt feelings based on euphoria/happiness, but this is to be expected with such an experience because your mind was probably flooded with hormones and serotonin upon such a manifestation. What I am saying is that such a reaction is likely to have been purely internal.

I understand it's difficult to explain this, but can you at least try to illustrate how you felt this sort of familiarity with this being? Try focusing on what thoughts were going through your head at that time, if you could, please. It may have been an aspect of your subconscious self 'echoing' itself into your mind as you probably had subconscious fears about what you were doing, as a satanist, was not something that you felt totally aligned to.

I say this because of some of the details in your story, such as how your mind 'translated' what you experienced into a particular image. An alternative theory that throws my 'subconscious image of self' in the trash, however, is that this entity is related to Merovingians; descendants of the Annunaki (or the old ones or something as you may have referred to in your former rituals). I say this because of the symbols on the robes, and the condescending tone this person had. Were any symbols triangular or with a cross by any chance, if you could remember?

[Edited on 5/13/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
firstly, a holy being or anyone who is truly benevolent would not command you to bow before it and pray. I can understand that you felt feelings based on euphoria/happiness, but this is to be expected with such an experience because your mind was probably flooded with hormones and serotonin upon such a manifestation. What I am saying is that such a reaction is likely to have been purely internal.

I have been told this before, something like this if it was angelic would not command one to kneel and pray

I understand it's difficult to explain this, but can you at least try to illustrate how you felt this sort of familiarity with this being? Try focusing on what thoughts were going through your head at that time, if you could, please. It may have been an aspect of your subconscious self 'echoing' itself into your mind as you probably had subconscious fears about what you were doing, as a satanist, was not something that you felt totally aligned to.

Thats very difficult to explain yep, it was almost like when you meet an old friend. Someone you have known your whole life. And yes, I did have a lot of resevations about what I was doing, I had a very hard time following the rules of satanism, the attitude of It doesnt matter who you harm as long as you get what you want was rather disturbing to me. These were not subconcous fears, I knew that these things were not right, but like I said, I saw this as a fast track to power, chicks dig it LOL. Honestly, thats how I felt.

I say this because of some of the details in your story, such as how your mind 'translated' what you experienced into a particular image. An alternative theory that throws my 'subconscious image of self' in the trash, however, is that this entity is related to Merovingians; descendants of the Annunaki (or the old ones or something as you may have referred to in your former rituals). I say this because of the symbols on the robes, and the condescending tone this person had. Were any symbols triangular or with a cross by any chance, if you could remember?

[Edited on 5/13/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

This happened in the mid 80's many years ago, so I dont recall the symbols, only that they were there, I was also using the Necronomicon at the time, so, symbols could very well have come from that.

My own personal opinion is that spirit will come to a person in a way that thier mind will understand best at the time, so I think this could have something to do with it also. I saw what was thought would best get the point across, if that makes any sense. I have no doubt that it was something.

*edited for annoying typos cause I speak typonese*

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I had a very similar experience a couple of months ago. I had been very attracted by the Dark Side, and started getting into Crowley & the Necronomicon & stuff. It had been going on for years this way. And then I started getting physically sick with chronic pain that doctors couldn't figure out. At some point I became so sick and feverish that I said "God, I've had enough of this, sorry about the dark stuff, I'll never do it again." And then I hallucinated (or didn't hallucinate) these demons attacking me in my bed and I fought them off with a golden light that I knew was the light of goodness. There were "dead bodies" of the demons littering my floor, and I renounced the Dark Side from that point on.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The Necronomicon is a nasty book for sure. Some really dark icky stuff in it.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Textfirstly, a holy being or anyone who is truly benevolent would not command you to bow before it and pray.

That is the true, being comes to be around people when they are in need or in a moment of vulnerability, more of holy I said it was teasing you and it was probably trying to teach you a lesson. Never be scare because this being knows and if you show panic they will not comunicate with you in the future. I am not religious I call myself spiritual and since I was 6 years all I have been able to see this beings., sometimes they are of pure white light some others dark but it is something I have learn they are not here to hurt you and even when they feel (evil ) is nothing bad about them. It is been 37 years since I was 6 and none of them have hurt me in any way for the contrary I have received warnings, good news and bad news from them.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sometimes Satan is considered to be the same as Lucifer--that which fell from heaven--fallen angel. Also, there's a lot more than just Satan worshipers who are against the God he's associated with--the god of the Hebrews and Chrisitans. At various times, Christ had to tell his followers, "Get behind me, Satan." Satan means-

Strong's Number: 4566 Sata/n //Original Word Word Origin: Sata/n of Hebrew origin//Transliterated Word Phonetic Spelling: sat-an //Parts of Speech TDNT Noun Masculine 7:151,
Definition: adversary (one who opposes another in purpose or act), the name given to the prince of evil spirits, the inveterate adversary of God and Christ, he incites apostasy from God and to sin, circumventing men by his wiles, the worshippers of idols are said to be under his control, by his demons he is able to take possession of men and inflict them with diseases, by God's assistance he is overcome, on Christ's return from heaven he will be bound with chains for a thousand years, but when the thousand years are finished he will walk the earth in yet greater power, but shortly after will be given over to eternal punishment: a Satan-like man
Strong's Number: 4567 Satana=v //Original Word Word Origin: Satana=v of Aramaic origin corresponding to (4566) (with the definite affix) //Transliterated Word Phonetic Spelling: Satanas sat-an-as'//Parts of Speech TDNT: Noun Masculine 7:151,1007 //Definition: same
Not translated Satan, but means the same: Original Word Word Origin: e�xqro/v from a primary echtho (to hate) //Transliterated Word Phonetic Spelling: Echthros ech-thros'//Parts of Speech TDNT:hateful (passively, odious, or actively, hostile) //Definition: hated, odious, hateful, hostile, hating, and opposing another, used of men as at enmity with God by their sin, opposing (God) in the mind, a man that is hostile, a certain enemy, the hostile one, the devil who is the most bitter enemy of the divine government

several times people were warned to change their ways, but most of the time it was more God comming up to them, somehow, asking them a question:

Ge 3:9 - And the LORD God called (8799) unto Adam, and said (8799) unto him, Where art thou?
3:10 - And he said (8799), I heard (8804) thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid (8799), because I was naked; and I hid myself (8735).
3:11 - And he said (8799), Who told (8689) thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten (8804) of the tree, whereof I commanded thee (8765) that thou shouldest not eat (8800)?
3:12 - And the man said (8799), The woman whom thou gavest (8804) to be with me, she gave (8804) me of the tree, and I did eat (8799).
3:13 And the LORD God said (8799) unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done (8804)? And the woman said (8799), The serpent beguiled me (8689), and I did eat (8799).

Ac 26:14 And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It hurts you to kick against the goads.'

Lu 11:15 - But some of them said (5627), He casteth out (5719) devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils.
11:16 - And others, tempting (5723) him, sought (5707) of him a sign from heaven.
11:17 - But he, knowing (5761) their thoughts, said (5627) unto them, Every kingdom divided (5685) against itself is brought to desolation (5743); and a house divided against a house falleth (5719).
11:18 - If * Satan also be divided (5681) against himself, how shall his kingdom stand (5701)? because ye say (5719) that I cast out (5721) devils through Beelzebub.
11:19 - And if I by Beelzebub cast out (5719) devils, by whom do your sons cast them out (5719)? therefore shall they be (5704) your judges.

Re 3:16 -So then because thou art (5748) lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will (5719) spue (5658) thee out of my mouth.

Let me give you a senario.
Here you are, this boy, looking for power, and you get invloved with one of these groups messing around with Satan, but you don't think it's right, so you are palnning to not only distance yourself, but to also find something that is right. From your age, I'd guess you'd even swing to the extreme of polar opposites--get envolved with Satan's enemy: God. Now, for some crazy reason, Satan doesn't care whether you are directly worshiping him--he was going to lose you with how uncomfortable you felt, anyway, but he didn't want you turning everything over to God. As long as he keeps you divided between him and God, in this no-man's-land, he's keeping you from that great purpose that God has for you. He's still got you. God can't stomach you like you are, so he'd vomit you out.

Notice I didn't say that this was absolutely true, but I do want to ask you: have you ever looked into Christianity--not just listening to those who gripe about it, but looking in to what the basic tennants of the faith are? You went from power-hungry to not wanting anything spiritual. If you don't want it, don't chase it, but I promise you that you won't put this to rest until you chase both sides to it's conclusion.

Otherwise, why are you still worried enough to find people's opinion on this matter?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Sometimes Satan is considered to be the same as Lucifer--that which fell from heaven--fallen angel. Also, there's a lot more than just Satan worshipers who are against the God he's associated with--the god of the Hebrews and Chrisitans. At various times, Christ had to tell his followers, "Get behind me, Satan." Satan means-

Sorry, but I am a grown person and I stop believing in the bugy man (satan long time ago) no even once I had any satanic experience in my life, must of them are quite beutiful, satan is nothing more that the bugy man church came about to scare the human race into their dominion, it worked so they still used.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163

Let me give you a senario.
Here you are, this boy, looking for power, and you get invloved with one of these groups messing around with Satan, but you don't think it's right, so you are palnning to not only distance yourself, but to also find something that is right. From your age, I'd guess you'd even swing to the extreme of polar opposites--get envolved with Satan's enemy: God. Now, for some crazy reason, Satan doesn't care whether you are directly worshiping him--he was going to lose you with how uncomfortable you felt, anyway, but he didn't want you turning everything over to God. As long as he keeps you divided between him and God, in this no-man's-land, he's keeping you from that great purpose that God has for you. He's still got you. God can't stomach you like you are, so he'd vomit you out.

Notice I didn't say that this was absolutely true, but I do want to ask you: have you ever looked into Christianity--not just listening to those who gripe about it, but looking in to what the basic tennants of the faith are? You went from power-hungry to not wanting anything spiritual. If you don't want it, don't chase it, but I promise you that you won't put this to rest until you chase both sides to it's conclusion.

Otherwise, why are you still worried enough to find people's opinion on this matter?

Hmmm, Well, First, I am not worried,maybe was a little about getting flamed..lol But not worried about sharing this experience with other people. I rather enjoy sharing my experiences, it not only helps me to get a grasp on some of them, but has also helped other people as well
I value everyones opinions, insights, views and experiences.

I found god, not thru a book, but thru many life experiences. God cannot be contained in a book. IMO

I respect your opinion though and thank you for your reply. I now see it differently than I did then. As I grew up, and started to explore my own spirit, my heart, my inner being,I began to understand what happened in a new light. My views and opinions change as I experience new things and new aspects of spirit. I was given a warning, and a message. The warning was that I was messing in an area that I should not have been, it ultimatly would of lead me to self ruin. The message was that God in whatever form one views it, loves you, me, everyone and forgives us if we mess up and are able to change.
I refuse to get caught up in religious dogma and rules written by men.

Its not hard to tell what is meant to inspire spirituality, and an open relationship with the creator, and what is meant to inspire control and fear.

Each person has thier own unique relationship with spirit. None are invalid.
Its part of the reason why there are so many religions in this world. Because God loves diversity, or so I believe, whether one thinks I am right or wrong doesnt really matter to me. I am secure in my own path

As to looking into Christianity, yeah, I was raised Christian, my family is composed of mainly missionaries and very God fearing christians. And when I came out with my own experiences and became open about my beliefs, at first my family reacted bad, but as time went on, and they began to see what I was doing, thier attitude changed.

Don't get me wrong, Christianity is a wonderful thing for those who feel the need to have a stuctured religion.

I just don't need that structure, I dont need a book to tell me how to live, or how to see God, I looked inside, and found my own personal relationship with God. To me, god is everywhere, and in everyone, in every rock, every tree. This is just my own experience with God though. But then, now this is getting into religion and spirituality..which is a different thread and topic altogether.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I do understand how you feel; have many friends like that (as am I), just wanted to show you a different angle, and I wanted you to see where I pulled it from. (Not everything I post is my word for word/ act for act belief.) I'm glad to see you are more comfortable with your life, nad I do hope you see what you are capable of, in the end.

As for boogymen,
! Satan wasn't always this evil-boogyman-type entity, not even in the scriptures. He talked to God in Job, to Christ though the desert trials. Men were called Satan at times. Satan is not just God's all puropse advasary--the word given as his name means enemy of the Lord, i. e., that which dares to oppose God. If you've ever had someone oppose you on almost everything you've ever said, you'd know what I'm talking about. I'm often not sure that there is ONE DEFINEABLE SATAN, but satan there is.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I am glad that you found yourself, onces we liberate ourself from the binds of this earth we realize that life has a very diferent meaning that religion and the laws of man will never will give you fulfillment I am an old soul and usually old souls dont believe in nonesense, keep discovering your abilities and just free your mine let the spiritual world show you the way.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Marg,

"satan is nothing more that the boogy man. The Church came about to scare the human race into their dominion. It worked so they still use it."

And this is what Satan wants you to believe. That Satan doesn't really exist. Possibly the greatest trick sprung.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

TextAnd this is what Satan wants you to believe. That Satan doesn't really exist. Possibly the greatest trick sprung

The biggest satan in the world is us the human being.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The biggest satan in the world is us the human being.

Well, can only go on my own experiences here, but the evilest things I have ever encountered were indeed, human beings.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

TextWell, can only go on my own experiences here, but the evilest things I have ever encountered were indeed, human beings.

Thats right, satan is the scapegoat that most people have to take the blame out of themself, its is all bs.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
At some point I became so sick and feverish that I said "God, I've had enough of this, sorry about the dark stuff, I'll never do it again." And then I hallucinated (or didn't hallucinate) these demons attacking me in my bed and I fought them off with a golden light that I knew was the light of goodness. There were "dead bodies" of the demons littering my floor, and I renounced the Dark Side from that point on.

I can say there were a lot of similarities to my own experience Cassie if that helps. Glad you able to pull out of it before it was too late.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
And I was hit with a blast of light like I cannot properly describe other than it was many things, emotions, feelings, words, warmth, overbearing and unconditional love.

This part makes me think it was indeed an angel or other heavenly visitor. I think this 'shock therapy' type of visit was to pull you out urgently. Something was going to happen and it was necessary to move quickly. A last ditch effort if you will. Honestly if I felt the above, I would've followed. Our feelings (senses) on this are placed there by God so that we'll know good and evil when we experience it in total. One sense can be deceived, but all? Well, if you follow all that is genuinely good, then how can it be the wrong decision? Also, if he told you to pray to God and not pray to "me", I'd trust he was a messenger thereof. Why would Satan/demon tell you to pray to God? I'm a skeptic, guarding my spirit carefully, but everthing seems to add up to the right move here.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think God's got a great sense of humour and agree with the person who said the being probably was sent as a scare tactic and it did the trick, he must have giggled when he saw that young person flee like the wind. Spirit has all ways to communicate and personally I believe they can do no harm because of the source, we are not meant to worship spirit but that which created it and only with our hearts, most of my experiances in my 40 years have been done through my heart you sort of feel what you hear and you know it's right for you.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
The Necronomicon is a nasty book for sure. Some really dark icky stuff in it.

the necronomicon is a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join