It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE IMPERIAL PRESIDENCY: Glenn Beck's fear of Obama: Seize power overnight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Will President Obama "seize power overnight" in a move to consolidate White House control of the U.S. government?

That's the fear of Fox News anchor Glenn Beck who discussed the issue at length today with another broadcasting powerhouse, radio's Rush Limbaugh.

"I fear this government, this administration has so much framework already prepared, that they will seize power overnight before anybody even gives it a second thought," Beck said.

WorldNetDaily

I've been watching Glenn Beck this week and I know a ton of people on ATS dont like him but he seems to be causing people to wake up to the NWO.

Even my own mother who hates the stuff I am into realizes there is something to this stuff.

Someone here on ATS commented that: When someone isnt saying things are peachy and bright and is telling the truth, i'll trust them over anyone else.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I'm 50/50 on him, he makes good points on some issues but others I disagree with, he is a talking head afterall.

some food for thought

Before it's too late, please wake up

Resistance NOW!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thank you Tentickles for bringing this to everyone's attention! Now, lets see if we can keep this thread going and help keep this from happening..knowledge is power!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Quick question,
Doesn't the government already have power? or will this seizure of power eliminate any hope of "democratic"process?

I'm not sure I follow, the ultimate goal.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by Tentickles

I'm 50/50 on him, he makes good points on some issues but others I disagree with, he is a talking head afterall.

I think my next comments go very well with yours.

I have friends on ATS I dont agree 100% with but they are still my friends because they are intelligent, original people.

I believe too many people look at Glenn Beck and either go, "You believe every thing he says therefore you like him!" or "I dont like him there for I dont like his message!"

People need to realize the message is more important than the man.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If Bush didn't do it, what makes you think Obama would?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Why Glen Beck? What gives him ANY credibility at all?
I am constantly amused by those on ATS that declare themselves " awake' or rave on about the NWO and such, yet listen to an insect like Beck.
HELLO! IT'S TELEVISION! IT'S RATINGS=ADVERTISING DOLLARS!
FOX, and all the others would feature a monkey in a zoot suit if it got ratings!
Beck could hardly be more of a clown, his crying, incoherence, his very lightweight"analysis". He hopes to make Rush size money and is hopping aboard
the current paranoia about Obama to do so. He's a performer guys!
There IS a sucker born every minute!

[edit on 28-8-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Why Glen Beck? What gives him ANY credibility at all?
I am constantly amused by those on ATS that declare themselves " awake' or rave on about the NWO and such, yet listen to an insect like Beck.
HELLO! IT'S TELEVISION! IT'S RATINGS=ADVERTISING DOLLARS!
FOX, and all the others would feature a monkey in a zoot suit if it got ratings!
Beck could hardly be more of a clown, his crying, incoherence, his very lightweight"analysis". He hopes to make Rush size money and is hopping aboard
the current paranoia about Obama to do so. He's a performer guys!
There IS a sucker born every minute!

I ask you, has there ever been another person with a message that Glenn Beck preaches with 3 MILLION viewers?

Sometimes you have to accept the bad to get the message out there...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
HA ha ha!
You must be kidding!
How many people watch American Idol? Letterman? CSI? DANCING WITH THE STARS!
Rating= advertising dollars, nothing else.
How sillY!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FantasmaTaans

I think what glenn beck is saying and providing material to support is that obama has surrounded himself with people who are very radical and sold on the marxist system of government which from what i understand is basically a crony regime. so these people, being cronies already, have everything to gain. beck provides background material on advisors and czars, what they've said and written through the years, groups they've been active in.

I think what's powerful about beck's presentation is that he doesn't just say things, he backs them up. nobody else is providing this information. it's certainly out there, and often available to the public, but it takes some research to find it. the press used to do this kind of investigation but since all is now owned by a handful of conglomerates and it appears that they have agreements with obama to support him, they simply ignore everything, or if they can't they dismiss it as silly.

beck gets emotional sometimes. I don't listen to the radio, only watch his tv show. it doesn't happen often but he gets choked up over certain subjects. so what. does no harm. he also pulls pranks. house of cards. wrapping a fish in newspaper. gimmicks to demonstrate a point. it's his style. he's trying to bring attention to his points. if he had bikini clad women pointing to bullet points on a chart, everybody would understand that, but he uses a different kind of gimmick.

i like to watch cavuto who comes on before beck. i'm on the west coast and take a late lunch so would watch the last part of cavuto and sometimes wouldn't be finished when beck came on. at first he seemed too over the top, so i'd turn off the tv. then a couple of times i watched a little bit and discovered that he provides a lot of information in the course of his hour, so started watching more and more. not becaue i agree with every single thing but because he's talking about stuff, the elephant in the room, that everybody else pretends isn't there.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

HA ha ha!
You must be kidding!
How sillY!

Nah, you are silly
For being so closed minded.

That's okay, call it like you see it; just don't call me when you are no longer laughing.

Let me ask this much,

What is the real danger to those who believe him, and he ends up being wrong?

What is the real danger to those who DO NOT believe him, and he is right?

I've got a family. I'd rather not take the chance. I'd rather have egg on my face, and admit my naivety later. But, that's just me.

Kind of like those people who don't believe in preparing for something bad to happen (i.e. Hurricanes, house fire, auto-accident). They never think it will happen to them, so why bother.

The consequences are dire enough for me to pay attention. This isn't some small political event happening here. This isn't even 9/11. This is much bigger. So, to ignore the message and instead, to put down the messenger and the people who happen to listen to that message; says a lot about character and naivety.

Maybe it will be me who is naive, but then I may have more to lose.

It's also naive to believe you're house will never burn down, so why worry about smoke alarms?

BTW, GB has always said that he is an 'Opinion' piece and that is that. He is not pretending to be the 'know it all'. He is simply putting the facts on the table, making the obvious connections, and telling people to come to their own conclusion. You may like that conclusion, but you'd never know unless you watched.

Maybe that is why his show scored so many viewers. Perhaps half of those viewers are ecstatic about the picture that is coming to focus.

So be it, it is what it is. We'll choose our fate either way. At least we are still free to do that.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by SourGrapes]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm closed minded for thinking Beck a moron, it has nothing to with watching his show, seeing how he behaves and what he says. It's just me being closed minded!.
Hey! Knock yourself out! Watch Beck all you want! If it's fear and drama you want, Ol' Beck and FOX will give you your buzz! After all, whats more entertaining than gloom and doom, the sky is falling Obama is a commie.
Grabs those viewers doesn't it? SELLS STUFF TOO!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

you don't provide one shred of a reason why you believe beck is a moron. because people watch him? not a reason. because he's on fox news who has been known to ask questions about obama's agenda? not a reason for saying he's a moron. though if you only want to hear how rosy things are with obama at the helm you have a plethora of tv and newspapers to get that from. you appear to be saying that you opinion isn't based on actually watching beck, but i can't tell because you seem to be trying to be sarcastic and that clouds the statement. how often do you watch beck? so we'll know what you are basing your opinion on. and moron? i believe the actual meaning of that has to do with a below normal IQ range which requires an individual to work a lot harder to learn and get the same stuff done. are you referring to that meaning or just using the word as a slur? because just disagreeing with someone does not make him or you automatically a moron.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
God, if only Obama would.

He's been lining things up for apparently this very thing, including a bill now that would permit the President the ability in an "emergency" to take over the internet.

It's really been a bit squirrel-ly as to what would precipitate a complete breakdown of the US, and actually kick off an armed revolution.

I think a move like that would have everyone up in arms.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Maybe Obama is being set up...to see if he and his clique is dumb enough to severely overplay their hand?

Sometimes its better to go ahead and let your opponent strike first; you simply have to be willing to take it on the chin. That way everything you do in response is justifiable. If you strike out first, you risk looking like a damned fooled.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

HA ha ha!
You must be kidding!
How sillY!

He delivered a message that lost him advertising dollars.

He lost sponsors and calling Tentickles a sucker is about as
good a counterpoint as your intellect.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
There have been many Glenn Becks before. He is a shill and an enemy of the truth. Wake me up when he starts talking about real nonsheep issues. Let's see him exposing the truth about 911. Let's see him actually expose real issues like the infiltration and takeover of our government. Let's see him expose the complicity of the media including Fox News. It won't ever happen because he is inside as well. Anyone who watches and believes in Glenn Beck is being played for a fool.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but I totally do not buy that Obama is bent on total control of the U.S. and is going to set up some sort of dictatorship. If anything I was 10 times more fearful that Bush would make the first move than I am of Obama. So much so, that around the last few months of the election season, there seemed to be an almost palpable fear of what the Bush administration would try next. I don't get the same sense of danger with an Obama presidency. But that could just be me I guess.

I guess the part that confuses me the most is when, Bush and the rest of the republicans were in office, Beck and his ilk had nothing to say when they were throwing away most of our civil liberties. In fact they were all more likely to defend what he was doing, because he was protecting us against whatever the scare of the week was, and if you didn't agree, that somehow you were unpatriotic. But now that someone they don't agree with is in control, all of a sudden we are supposedly in for the fight of our lives, and he is evil.

If you are going to stand up for less government intervention in the lives of Americans, then be consistent about it. It can't be totally fine when Bush, did it, but now a mortal danger when Obama tries to expand the role of government. I just don't buy it.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Star, and flag to the OP.

Warrenb, yep, imho Glenn Beck is a shill. No 50/50 here. My thoughts are the PTB are using Glen Beck as mechanism to control the rising decent. He is simply a puppet.

Of interesting note, I don't know about ya'll, but I ran across someone stealing my screenname from Youtube sanchojones1....They have opened a Twitter account from ats, and are proclaiming glen beck something to the tune of the real savior...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just good 'ol Glenny drumming up fear and drumming up the morons that will follow him like lemmings over a cliff.

People seem to want to manifest a negative reality and no one wants that more than Glenn, Rush and Co. because it will validate their own egotistical cravings to be "right".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join