It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO Warns Of Severe Form Of Swine Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
With Fall right around the corner and schools getting back in session TPTB are ramping up the propaganda machine.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Doctors are reporting a severe form of swine flu that goes straight to the lungs, causing severe illness in otherwise healthy young people and requiring expensive hospital treatment, the World Health Organisation said on Friday.

Perhaps most significantly, clinicians from around the world are reporting a very severe form of disease, also in young and otherwise healthy people, which is rarely seen during seasonal influenza infections," WHO said.

MINORITIES AT RISK
Minority groups and indigenous populations may also have a higher risk of being severely ill with H1N1. "In some studies, the risk in these groups is four to five times higher than in the general population," WHO said.

Source

So now we have a "severe" "form" of Swine Flu. It seems that they are targeting the undereducated and poor by stating minority's are at a higher risk.

I am not a epidemiologist but doesn't this mean that there is another strain of Swine Flu (according to TPTB)?

Obviously a vaccine will be worthless against a new strain of Swine flu but I am sure we will push the vaccination on this group, as they are with young people and pregnant women.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm sure as fall approaches, we're going to see a myriad of different propaganda concepts. From the severity of infection to mode of transmission. If you can think of a scarier way, we're going to see it soon.

Hogwash.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

With only 1,700 or so people dead out of hundreds of thousands that have contracted the virus, you have to wonder why the push to get this miracle vaccine that they admit may not really do anything in the first place and may actually be more dangerous than the flu.

I'm undecided...is the vaccine

• a money grab
  • a real threat
  • an excuse for martial law
  • something other than a "cure"
  • a way to usher in the NWO
  • intending to cause panic for sinister purposes (ie. splinter the US)
  • multiple or all of the above

so many possibilities, so few answers
well on the plus side, the fall is only a month away
lock and load

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
How many damn warnings are we gonna get from the WHO? Maybe the WHO should make a public warning about warnings made by the WHO

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So, the severe swine flu coming soon to homes around the nation is of a racist variety.

Wow. What BS.

Even worse, people will buy this BS.

Shaping up to be a great fall

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I have to agree! Between the "WHO" and "THEM and THEY", it seems like we never run out of BS when it comes to the truth.

Tru

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ok, let me get this straight, when it was killing all those people in Mexico, everyone said it's nothing , calm down. In fact they covered up how severe it was. They said it was no longer the same strain that was killing in Mexico, that it had mutated to a less severe strain. They also said that people were only dying because of underlying diseases such as Gout (that one still gets me). Well, now that the vaccine is ready, WATCH OUT ! All the elderly, children and people with health problems must get vaccinated. Now this. I guess someone figured out they were missing out on the $$$ of the healthy, so now we're at
DEADLY FOR EVERYONE!! 6.6 billion people must be vaccinated.
My, My My... wow that's a lot of freakin' money. I smell a big fat pharmaceutical rat!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Brazil Tops Worldwide H1N1 Deaths, Officials Say

Brazil has confirmed 557 deaths caused by H1N1 flu, the highest total in the world, the nation's Health Ministry says.

The United States has counted 522 fatalities through Thursday, and nearly 1,800 people had died worldwide through August 13, U.S. and global health officials said.

In terms of mortality rate, which considers flu deaths in terms of a nation's population, Brazil ranks seventh, and the United States is 13th, the Brazilian Ministry of Health said in a news release Wednesday.

Argentina, which has reported 386 deaths attributed to H1N1 as of August 13, ranks first per capita, the Brazilian health officials said, and Mexico, where the flu outbreak was discovered in April, ranks 14th per capita.

Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico and the United States have the most total cases globally, according to the World Health Organization.

The Brazilian Ministry of Health said there have been 6,100 cases of flu in the nation, with 5,206 cases (85.3 percent) confirmed as H1N1, also known as swine flu.

The state of Sao Paulo had 223 deaths through Wednesday, the largest number in the country. In addition, 480 pregnant women have been confirmed with H1N1, of whom 58 died. Swine flu has been shown to hit young people and pregnant women particularly hard.

Many schools in Sao Paulo have delayed the start of the second semester for a couple of weeks, and students will have to attend classes on weekends to catch up. Schools also have suspended extracurricular activities such as soccer, volleyball and chess to try to curtail spread of the disease.

Flu traditionally has its peak during the winter months, and South America, where it is winter, has had a large number of cases recently. The World Health Organization said this week that the United States and other heavily populated Northern Hemisphere countries need to brace for a second wave of H1N1 as their winter approaches.

Officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other U.S. health agencies have been preparing and said this week that up to half of the nation's population may contract the disease and 90,000 could die from it.

Seasonal flu typically kills about 64,000 Americans each year.

www.wibw.com...

Some real death figures instead of speculation

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Most of the people that have been venting about the whole H1N1 'thing' have repeatedly heard that the flu family of viruses mutate. They do so at a rate much higher and faster than most other organisms. As they do, multiple varieties (mutations) of the same organism will pass through the population at the same time. Some will be milder, some more severe, some will travel fast and some not as much so. It's the nature of the organism. You may remember the same thing happened with AIDS where after awhile another variant popped-up --- although the HIV virus is very slow growing.

You can believe WHO et al are just trying to get you all whipped-up for no reaqson other than some dark secret agenda. Or maybe they're giving us the heads-up. Kinda like NOAA did for the people in New Orleans that decided to stay just the same.

As for the minority angle... again, this is true of most viruses. Differnt ethnic groups have subtle differences in their immune profile and biochemistry making one group more susceptible than another. You may have heard that certain blood types are more or less susceptible to certian diseases or conditions. Same mechanism. Has to do with our genetic heritage not so much our ethnicity.

Oh, and just because the flu virus mutates does not, as some here insist, mean that the vaccine will automatically be ineffective. Depends on HOW the virus mutates not IF it mutates.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Wow... so Brazil is reporting 557 deaths against a TOTAL of 6,100 flu cases? That is a VERY high case mortality rate even assuming that most cases go unreported.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

yes but apparently the flu they have down there is totally mutated
and also, who knows if any of that is true
the doctors down there could be really bad at health care, I have no idea

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by warrenb

Wow... so Brazil is reporting 557 deaths against a TOTAL of 6,100 flu cases? That is a VERY high case mortality rate even assuming that most cases go unreported.

557 deaths with with 5,206 cases confirmed as H1N1.

That's around a 10% death rate.

According to Nationsencyclopedia.com Brazil has a population of 178,470,000. Which would mean a very low transmission rate.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
These sorts of WHO updates and warnings as well as the constant barrage of CDC press recommendations feel just like the infamous terror threat levels of the Bush era. Funny how Tom Ridge just disclosed in his new book that he and many at DHS felt that it was all political and, in fact, resisted some of the White House urgings to elevate. I wonder how long until someone finally blows the lid off of this Flu scare agenda?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The governments of the world and the WHO are just doing and saying what the US pharmaceutical industry/racket are paying them to do and say. All of TPTB gain money and power with this. This is simply scare tactics at the same level if not worse than Bushes terror threat level. When peoples eyes are opened, some form of dire warning comes out to try to avert the sheeps attention.

And of course "they" are going to try to jump on the normal annual fall/winter increase in flu symptoms and will use that to scare you more. Humans get their best source of Vitamin D from sunlight. Vitamin D helps fight off the flu virus. As we get less sunlight in the fall/winter months, our Vitamin D levels get lower. Simply take a supplement over the fall/winter months and you will be far less likely to come down with anything.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

That's true. But things are really just getting started. We already know that the current virus has the mobility but so far it has lacked the lethality. The realtively mild early strains would go largely unreported since people would only seek out medical help if they were really sick and would otherwise go as undiagnosed/unreported.

But that case mortality rate is unsettling if the numbers are correct. It's way too soon for it to be that high.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Their still trying to scare me into taking the vaccine huh?
I wish them luck with that...

new topics

top topics

join