It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran slows atom fuel drive, more cooperative: IAEA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Iran slows atom fuel drive, more cooperative: IAEA

www.reuters.com

VIENNA (Reuters) - Iran has slightly reduced the scale of its nuclear fuel production work and has fulfilled demands for more effective monitoring of its Natanz uranium enrichment site, the U.N. atomic watchdog said on Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I still think they are sometime away from having devolped an actual Nuclear Device. Regardless of what the USraeli News Agencies state.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It's generally conceded Iran has a parallel nuclear facility going outside the showcase one. We know now they were putting one up in Syria that Israel bombed. A lot of silence on that one.

Iran is playing a PR game with all this. They find out how far they can go by watching international response to North Korea, who assist them.

Mor problems in going nuclear than most think. Not just a matter of getting sufficient material, but also developing effective delivery systems and the required miniaturization to reduce weight.

Word is ther have been a couple accidents in Iran's faicilities. They rely on Russian technology which is often not up to scratch.

But they are devious and no one can tell what their backdoor strategy really is when they make announcements. One can expect them to be up to something they're not saying.

Mike

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

We know now they were putting one up in Syria that Israel bombed. A lot of silence on that one.

Since when did that facility have anything to do with Iran? Last I heard it was a Syrian project being developed with North Korean technology and materials.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Since when did that facility have anything to do with Iran? Last I heard it was a Syrian project being developed with North Korean technology and materials.

I don't have specifics at hand, but there was no ambiguity as to whose project it really was. Syria has been dependent on economic largesse from Iran for many years. A poor country, their level of technology is very low. They are best for housing not only terrorist organizations, but as a storehouse for disallowed weaponry and biological material from other countries in the region. Iraq's whole biological program was carted off to Syria just before the Americans went in a few years ago.

Syria maintains many secrets.

Mike

new topics

top topics

join