It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't there one Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I see, but this is the only place i could post it on the forum, i know its not a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Where do kittens go when they die?

How do they still run if they are dead?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

There ya go for future reference.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

"church" has very little to do with religion
but
"church" has very much to do with communion

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
If there is one True god why has he/she/it let all the other religions exist, surely the one true god would put an end to the fake religions.
Please someone explain . Im confused.

Your confused as most of the world is and should be for a higher reason/purpose. Religions of the world are there to maintain the illusions of this world, universe and creation. Religion is for man not the other way around and for the creator/creators some call God. Most religions have truths to them mixed in with much illusion. The best religion out there for man is the one that makes him/her a better person. Laws of many religions such as commandments in some cases are rules set down to help one pass through life, the laws are not there for what some call God or the creator/creators but for man. The Creator/Creators some call God do not need worship from man in fact nearly the opposite the Creator/Creators some call God serve mortal man on a continuous basis. It is man that needs a God to look up to as someone almighty, all powerful, all knowing, the one creator of all things and so on to worship not the opposite or God/Gods Creator/Creators do not need man’s undivided attention/worship.

The laws designed/setup in many religions are there as a school teacher would make rules for children on a playground as a disciplinary action to their consequences, a set of rules like don’t throw gravel, do not push each other, take turns on the monkey bars/swings and so on.-) But’s it’s more like, treat others like you would want them to treat you, don’t kill, don’t steal, be good and so on. This life is pure illusion on so many different levels/scales. Space in what we consider the 3rd dimension occupies roughly more than 99.9999% of all things while our material world is roughly only 0.0001% the same as an atom in design/form of subatomic particles within. The illusions are coming from every direction and all around you, inside, above, across, along, within, throughout, around, at, below, beneath, behind, by, down, in, beside, between, beyond, into, near, over, past, through and so on from every direction imaginable.

This energy/signals/waves of information that are being passed inter-dimenionally is what keeps our material world in place, set in motion and what it is, what we see, hear, taste, smell and these senses are merely software programs of the brain that were loaded when our bodies/system were created to store the soul which is your individual identity. All life/biological in nature within the universe/material world can be likened to an operating system within a computer or program that is controlled from higher and lower dimensions now this is only an analogy so take it as it was meant to be, we are not living in a world like the Matrix but the entire universe we live in-- is in design/form/pattern of such a system just on a much higher level/scale.

All space and matter is finite from one spectrum while infinite from another and divisible to infinity-- in this saying you yourself are an equal to the universe in size, all you see out there, that is inside of you coming from endless dimensions of existence. The universe is equal to you and you are equal to all that the universe represents in design. There are no numbers within the universe that define space/time as there was no beginning and there is no ending so 111111111111111 is the most constant equal and 00000000000000. There is no way to put numbers on infinity and infinite space, infinite universe’s, infinite stars, infinite time, infinite big bangs, infinite speed, infinite planets. Place numbers on objects in infinite time/space is placing a limit on something and all things become invalid/void if that is the case making the equation/world, universe, life, time, speed finite in which it is not. There are no limitations to infinity something the human mortal brain will never begin to fully comprehend/understand. I can only share a formula but never comprehend infinity within this dimension only share this equation scale model.

The correct equation would be 00000000000000000 to infinity as equals or 1111111111111111111 to infinity with no end. You are 11111111111111 to infinity like the rest of the universe is equal because there is no higher, lower, bigger, greater, lesser, smarter, dumber in the eternal perspective of things all things are perfectly equal. You cannot place numbers on one and numbers on another as labels lesser or greater than, all things are the same, where one thing is now that appears above us that same thing was once like us and we one day will be like it and that is divisible to infinity in all things basically meaning perfect equality exists in all things. What some call God will be you and what come call creator/creators was once like you to infinity. Eternal progression/advancement and possibilities continues on to infinity and we are part of that not lesser than but equal to.

ET_MAN

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

If there is one True god why has he/she/it let all the other religions exist, surely the one true god would put an end to the fake religions.

The correct answer(s) would be world news...

These questions will always remain unanswered unless you 'believe'...and even then it is just 'your answer' and not one that will satisfy the nun-believers.

Some interesting talk on God:
Tom Honey - TED Talks 19:33 (Boring voice, but addressing some nice questions)

A.J. Jacobs' year of living biblically 17:40 (Funny...but serious)

[edit on 28-8-2009 by kcire]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Al-Maidah 48
To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open path. If God had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to God; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

"church" has very little to do with religion
but
"church" has very much to do with communion

Well then you should enjoy this video of Masons sharing in communion and drinking blood.

www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There isn't one true religion because religion is not true. It is the twisted, skewed opinion of one man that created followers to his views of god and spiritual beliefs.

Unless man can directly talk to god with everyone else as a witness he cannot accurately represent god for anyone but himself and cannot accurately describe god or gods views and opinions. The middle man will always have a perspective and it will taint anything original if it ever was original. Think of the game telephone.

Where there is one wolf there is 10 sheep, where there is 1 leader who thinks he knows, there are 10 followers who want to believe.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

OP,

Before I answer your question we should be in agreement what you mean LOL. I'm a stickler for semantics for a lot of reasons, but perhaps you need to explain the following terms first:

- True
- God
- fake religion

Thank you and I hope you see what I'm getting at.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3krostatic
There isn't one true religion because religion is not true. It is the twisted, skewed opinion of one man that created followers to his views of god and spiritual beliefs.

I'm not a Christian, but I have to say that Jesus Christ's teaching are not skewed nor are they twisted. Don't project your view of the world on others.

Also, I should take your word for it that all religions are false? Maybe you are replacing an exterior god with an interior. Just sayin' ...

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

The reason why I am projecting my opinion is because it was asked for by the OP along with yours. Don't tell me Jesus' teachings are not skewed either unless you personally talked to him.

Replacing an exterior god with and interior huh? Give me proof and existence of your exterior god and I might consider that. Prove to me god, Jesus or whoever exists and I might respect your argument.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Replacing an exterior god with and interior huh? Give me proof and existence of your exterior god and I might consider that. Prove to me god, Jesus or whoever exists and I might respect your argument.

Your intellectual capacity is about where I thought it would be. Please accept my apology for writing over your head. It won't happen anymore.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
maybe when looked at from a certain perspective... say... PHYSIOLOGICALLY ... all religions are talking about the exact same thing...

the transition of man from intellectual animal into divine spiritual being..

literally..

but then again you'd all prefer the toddler children's book perspective where all the dieties are actual characters and not psychological aggregates defining specific areas of the mind and body..

so never mind.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Maybe because there is no such thing as "Truth" with a capital T.

Do you believe that to be universally true? For all people everywhere, that there is not Truth?

The reason there is not just one religion is because God never sought for man to have religion but rather a relationship with Him. Religion is mans attempt to reach God through his pomp, grandeur and rituals. Man though does not seek to reach out to God but rather God reaches out to His chosen. Those whom He calls "Beloved".

God seeks after us, no man ever seeks after Him.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TangoVooDoo

Gods are men who go around murdering, starting wars, religions and plagues.

The only ones they save are their own. They could care less about you.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren

Your intellectual capacity is about where I thought it would be. Please accept my apology for writing over your head. It won't happen anymore.

Since you are the proper judge of my intellectual capacity based solely on one specific topic and 2 posts, feel free to apologize. Keep convincing yourself friend as that is what religion is good for, indoctrination.

Peace

[edit on 1-9-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Duhhhh.
Because GOD is created in mans' image.
If there was just one, there would be --- just one.

A schizophrenic that hears voices telling him to kill his family gets put in an institution.
A schizophrenic that hears voices telling him to sacrifice his eldest son gets to start an institution.

Or to quote an "unnamed" messiah,
"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion."

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Religion = God + Traditions of man. All religions are about vanity. All the original prophets preached of humble and meek. Yet today all our churches are lined with gold and filled with idols, the priests get paid (NOT volunteering!), they are often about money, some discriminate who enters...

Jesus never said anything about churches needing golden objects everywhere; he never said the priest needed to drive a Corvette (like one within walking distance from me!!), never said people need to worship pictures and statues (false idols) of him, in fact I would say he never said to worship him at all; Jesus never said that we should kill in his name or hate people for being the way they are or preach that you and you alone speak the truth!

Spirituality - religion = God get rid of all the greed and vanity.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

We were given the gift of freewill.

If other religions were extinguished then that would be a dictatorship.

In the future when there is one religion, remember that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join