It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill would give president emergency control of Internet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
How can you explain then, the obvious friendship between the Bushes, Clinton and Obama?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by shanerz

Wrong again, Shanerz.

usliberals.about.com...

Besides, when he was in the Senate, in 2007, he pushed forward the Iraq De-Escalation Act.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

He was on a state, not US, senate. You're lucky I'd even consider him voting against the war, but since Durbin is really a man who's been true to American values - I'll let it slide. Durbin was the only Illinois senator to vote against, so really Obama, being a citizen from Illinois, voted both ways - in the senate.

Sorry Mak Manto, but you really need to read my posts, rather than the first couple lines.

I really don't care what Obama has voted for - if the bills don't pass, they don't pass. He still hasn't talked about getting rid of the executive orders. He paid the Fed and he won't talk about auditing them. He won't talk about Sibel Edmonds. He has denounced 9/11 theorists.

And I'm gonig to re-refer you to health care. A CORPORATION is fueling the right wing. The part of health care that was meant to actually help people is out because pharma and insurance will lose profits.

You do know Bush, thus Wolfowitz, doctrine is part of NS act, right? 'Left' hasn't moved to revoke that.

At least he was telling the truth when he said something like, "Any problems America faces in the world, today, are America's fault."

Did you even read SkepticO's thread about lobbyists and how they control congress? Here, "Damn the Country, Obama Must Fail"

Originally posted by shanerz

But he did get us out, put us right into the other end of the desert, lied that our enemy was using poppies to make money, and just flat out doesn't want people to know who trained, equipped, and labeled them "Freedom fighters" oh-not-so-two-decades-long-ago. aka Heroine use skyrocketed in US recently. aka He follows orders.

You do know the Taliban in Afghanistan are burning poppies right?

2.5 tril goes missing prior to 9/11... What, 1.6 trillion is missing now? Violence in Afghanistan is increasing again, what? Coincedence? How about you?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And since this is derailed.

The bill proposed here is designed to make decisions for me. I'm more than able to handle my own choices and the responsibility thus ensuing. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
dupe post... sry

[edit on 2-9-2009 by shanerz]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Ship to shore short wave radio my friends. It is the one form of communication that cannot be jammed.

Land based short wave is easily interfered with. If they should happen to shut down selected internet web links, the old way of communicating will be of use.

Short wave radio! Especially nautical radio. I have such a radio in my car.

Also, Nautical and Aeronautical radio waves lengths can cross communicate.

Avoid CB radios, and Ham radios.

I firmly believe when SHTF, the inter-net will be corrupted and rendered pretty much useless. If the government wants to crack down on "information sites" it doesn't like, it will do so. The Chinese do it, without much trouble.

We have grown so used to having this avenue of mass communication at our disposal, we cannot quite imagine life without it. Somewhat like the telephone, radio and television.

100 years ago none of them existed. We tapped on keys that sent messages of dots and dashes across wires to a receiver. It was called the telegraph. Or we mailed letters.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Now in June 2010 Obama tries it a third time and brings a draft bill ("Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act") to the US Senate. Here is a English source I found hsgac senate.

It's obvious that Obama needs this law soon, not necessarily for any Chinese hackers but rather to prevent organized civil wars. The crisis will become much worse according to a lot of experts.

It's not very unlikely that the internet communication will be limited through a false flag attack in the next few month.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
AHA !

So , this is how they will stop Wikileaks from leaking the cables and emails that Bradley Manning has sent to them .

I didn't know about this until just now , and was wondering how they would stop Julian Assange from leaking this stuff to the public .

It's all coming together now ...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Although it is a prison planet article, it is interesting how Drudge linked to it...

www.prisonplanet.com... -switch-to-shut-down-the-internet.html

Maybe the bill is close, or maybe Drudge is pissed about that FTC proposed "Drudge Tax." Either way it isn't good.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well apparently he signed it

emergency Internet control

news.cnet.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join