It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID's In Gillete Mach Razor Blades

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Me being very questioning of my environment, was kind-of pondering about something and I would like to hear everyone else's opinion on the matter.

As soon as you turn 18, Gillette sends you a complimentary Mach razor blade. It has a nice metal handle that can replace the blades on the head. You always keep the handle.

Well I already knew that Gillette puts RFID's in the packaging of their razors..

But what about in the handle?

Now, This could have already been too far out for some people.. but lets take it further.
The drafting age is around the 18 years of age area, the same time you get your free RFID.. *erm* Razor in the mail.

Either I could be on to something... or they are simply tracking the inventory of razors at stores and I'm just paranoid. ha. (most likely the latter of the 2)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I never got a free razor from gilette when i turned 18. What exactly is an RFID? Some kinda tracking device or something?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah, an eight pack of those replacement blades is pretty pricey. I'm sure it's only a theft issue as far as this particular chip is concerned.

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustLikeSuperman
I never got a free razor from gilette when i turned 18. What exactly is an RFID? Some kinda tracking device or something?

RFID: Radio Frequency Identification Device.

Used for tracking. Exactly.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustLikeSuperman

Here are some threads on RFID's. Just type it into the search function and you will find a lot.

I personally just think these are for security so they dont get stolen.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Just 'cause you're paranoid don't mean they ain't out to getcha. You hear me, boy?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
MANY companies are using those as a security device for items that are commonly stolen.
It can be and is used in anything from music discs, dvd's to shoes and even those shaver blades. Things that cost alot and are commonly the target of thieves are the most likely ones to contain them. Another thing not commonly known is that when they run the items over the security bar at the check out it ruins them.
You know how sometimes the alarm at a door will go off and they ask the person to come back to the register? To then run the item back over the scanner? That is why, if they don't run it over the security bar it doesn't turn off.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
They send you the razor in the mail when you turn 18 because they know they will make hundreds or thousands of dollars on you when you buy blades.... those blades are so damn expensive I have been using old rusty ones to avoid buying new ones.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Haha so true. I am still using my blade I got from Gillette that they sent me when I turned 18.

Its okay though, I think my face is beginning to callous.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is one of the most stupid threads in the world, the only reason I found this is because of your other stupid thread.

So let me get this straight, they send a Razor to your house "Presumably knowing you live there anyway" to find out where you live or to track you?

LOL I can imagine it now.

We got a fix on the target sir, he is in the bathroom again what shall we do. Keep a low profile we don't want another close shave like last time.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If you are truly worried about using a chipped razor handle you could throw it away and grow a beard..... Maybe not though, a lot of 18 year old guys can't grow a decent beard..... In that case there are depilatory products or you can use the waxing process.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
holy crap! You are cracking me up!

thank you! thank you! I love your avatar too...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages... RFIDs are happening. In about 10 more years, everything will have an RFID chip...everything. Canned green beans, razors, mouthwash, pens and pencils, clothes... it will be an inventory and theft control device.

You can literally track every can of pork and beans, from the manufacturer to the distributor to the wholesaler to the retailer to the home. No more hidden cases in a warehouse,... no more shoplifting, ... no more damaged and unmarked inventory going to the trash without properly subtracting from inventory.

This will save millions in the wholesale and retail industry.

RFIDs so small, the size of a grain of black pepper, inside the labels/UPC labels of goods... each attached to an individual product...times a billion.

Downside...these same labels/RFIDs can be detected by driving by your house with scanners.

Wonder if the insurance company wants to know if you marked no smoking, but have cigarettes in your house?

Have government healthcare.... trying to lose weight to get a better premium? Why so many pizza boxes and beer cans at your house?

The police knock, and want to know just why you have 37 boxes of .227 ammo for a Ruger Mini 14?

This is a program WALMART has instituted and demanded of all its vendors. The original deadline was about 2 years ago, but the costs to its small suppliers was overwhelming and they pushed it back a few years, with a chance to slowly rollout the process.

That means every vendor will have RFIDs in all of its products... Carghill, Pepsico, Coke, Oscar Myer, Budweiser, Miller, Merita Bakeries, Krispy Kreme, Frito Lay, Wise, and on it goes.........Levi, Wrangler, Dickies, GoodYear, etc.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Um no.

Second line to reiterate how ridiculous this sounds.....
Lay off the conspiracy mate, your talking crazy.

new topics

top topics

join