It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some evidence suggesting a UFO/Ghost connection

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

What are your thoughts on classic places of 'dread'. If there is a certain place that horrible things happened and is known to be 'haunted', do you think that would be a good place to look up and around? Or, do you think it just effects certain people who may be more open to seeing those things such as yourself with your experiences to a point where it could happen anywhere? Gosh, lots of questions, if you have the time , could you elaborate more for me on the thought of them being one type of thing, maybe on the same plain just as an example??

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy

What are your thoughts on classic places of 'dread'. If there is a certain place that horrible things happened and is known to be 'haunted', do you think that would be a good place to look up and around? Or, do you think it just effects certain people who may be more open to seeing those things such as yourself with your experiences to a point where it could happen anywhere? Gosh, lots of questions, if you have the time , could you elaborate more for me on the thought of them being one type of thing, maybe on the same plain just as an example??

I must say that from a personal standpoint there is certainly no sense of dread implied or involved in any way. What is more, no sense of connotative fear to bring about any externally perceived event or imagery that I can remember or think of. This goes for what I have gleaned from the other sites as well. There is more of an inherent sense of wonder and awe at it all with no real warning of imminence of an event until things started moving around in the house. The first few times was a bit disconcerting to say the least but after a while the activity nudged us to look outdoors to the skies immediately and we were almost never disappointed.

As far as affecting certain people, this statement implies anything from personality type to genetic lineage. There are speculative threads on this sort of thing concerning abductees but honestly I have no clue as to what the higher meaning is if it even can be construed as a higher meaning at all. It is simply different in my opinion. In general, unexplained events seem to get labeled with an almost deified reverence which I think is common for the human psyche to do when dealing with things it doesn't readily understand or has no previous association with. The result is an almost platitude oriented fear mistaken for respect which is fine but this can certainly hinder any serious study in any arena of fringe science. Just can't have that if this is to be taken in any kind of seriousness towards an acceptance of other scientific peer groups.

In all honesty, I think the better we understand and apply the lessons of the Noetic Sciences, the clearer the implications of the external sciences will be.

Sorry that I couldn't really outline any "put your finger on it" specifics but then again who really can in this field hence the manifestation of this thread. Someone always has the next piece of the puzzle...

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I've had a few unusual experiences. I've speculated that ghosts and even we ourselves may exist in another parallel dimension to what we see about us. I'm thinking that typically these two dimensions don't interact very much. However I've been wondering if for some unknown reason entities in the other dimension go out of their way to contact us in this dimension. On the other hand maybe unseen entities are attracted to individuals who can sense them in one way or another. This sounds crazy but sometimes I believe I can feel something that isn't there. People and sometimes even something that feels like an insect.

Feeling an insect on your leg or foot when there isn't anything there seems especially creepy. I actually feel a bit reassured by some real paranormal activity I experienced when I was in college many years ago when some doors opened and closed for me. They were not automatic doors. I didn't go out of my dorm room for a while after the third time it happened that night. I thought the third time it happened it seemed downright creepy probably because it was a different building and different door. However the first time it happened some guy in the lobby looked like he saw a ghost and ran as fast as possible away from me.

One question I have is if we're experiencing unseen entities, are they ghosts, aliens, demons, or other human spirits unknowingly traveling in the extra dimension? This is of course assuming that there is something there. I'm thinking we may all have a presence in another dimension while we are alive but some people or things may get stuck there. Hopefully I haven't speculated too much.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
*snip*

One question I have is if we're experiencing unseen entities, are they ghosts, aliens, demons, or other human spirits unknowingly traveling in the extra dimension? This is of course assuming that there is something there. I'm thinking we may all have a presence in another dimension while we are alive but some people or things may get stuck there. Hopefully I haven't speculated too much.

I'm afraid that this is the very question that most have. When we know the answer(s) however, I feel that we will be left with more questions than when we started. Ahhhh. The inquiry oriented catalyst that is Human Evolution. Sometimes I think the only reason that these extraordinary things exist, if in fact they do, is just simply to get us collectively to mull things over and think. The egoic and fragile human psyche loves to be led by the proverbial carrot on it's forehead. Ever reaching but never attaining. Does this apply here? Who knows. That is about the extent of my speculation on all this. One cannot presume to know until one knows, correct?

It seems personal experience is never good enough. It is only when the experience is validated, quantified and affirmed that we become satisfied and complacent and then off to the next conundrum...

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I feel the concept of spirits and there is something other then this at the end of this journey would be made fun of almost in a mocking 'look what they believe' sort of way by more advanced beings.

Why would we think that "more advanced beings" would have the human qualities of scorn for "those less advanced"? Why is the concept of spirits considered too "unscientific" or ignorant? Lots of questions but no satisfactory answers for me.

Erik, the "blue glob" you mentioned is similar to what me and my son saw in the darkened hallway of our house one evening. But I would describe what I saw as orb shaped. It looked almost solid but like it was made of tightly condensed smoke or mist. I could see swirling within it. It was glowing a soft blue gray color.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by elaine]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
*snip*

Erik, the "blue glob" you mentioned is similar to what me and my son saw in the darkened hallway of our house one evening. But I would describe what I saw as orb shaped. It looked almost solid but like it was made of tightly condensed smoke or mist. I could see swirling within it. It was glowing a soft blue gray color.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by elaine]

The amorphous blue light we would see was constantly stretching, reintegrating (into God knows what), sometimes Orb-like and other times more amoebic in nature but always a bright, translucent blue. It had intelligence like some sort of living plasma and was always seen outdoors never more than a hundred feet off of the ground. It would range in size from the size of a small car, stretching to the size of a train's freight car. This was usually preceded by activity in the house such as disembodied noises and voices that the cats would warm up to as well as objects in the house falling mysteriously from their placement or moving across surfaces such as tables and counters and floors. We would then see the flood of blue light coming through the windows and run outside to see the lights. All in all they were nothing less than events of high strangeness and made for a nerve racking experience at times. There was never any rhyme nor reason to any of it that I could grock as it was always unpredictable except for the small comforting notion that it always took place at night although we could never guess which one.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have already posed this question in two other threads

UFO sightings and paranormal activity.. please share your experiences here

And
Could there be a master key in all of this?

I have suspected a connection for a long time, based on the presence of both in my life for a long time, but I would not use the Gilliland ranch as reference. I don't think the activity there is related.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I have already posed this question in two other threads

UFO sightings and paranormal activity.. please share your experiences here

And
Could there be a master key in all of this?

I have suspected a connection for a long time, based on the presence of both in my life for a long time, but I would not use the Gilliland ranch as reference. I don't think the activity there is related.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by NephraTari]

I think you are having the same amount of response on your threads as mine simply because as a whole the combined phenomena haven't been recognized as a tie in or the information is just not there or maybe a combination of the two.

As far as the Gilliland Ranch case is concerned I thought I noted some Poltergeist activity recorded or noted with the recent ATS study of the property.

I thank you for any info you might have on the topic. Who knows? We may be spearheading the field with our precious few threads. Might as well dig in and make a go of it. We have to start somewhere as undeniably there is something to it and possibly more if I may dare speculate as such.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I definitely believe there is connection with what I saw inside my home and what I saw in the night sky.

I am glad that I found some people that have actually experienced something of this nature and that I was not an isolated incident.

Another thing that happened to me was in the early 80's. I was asleep in my bed one night. A school night I recall. My sister and I shared a bedroom. Anyway I was asleep in my bed and she in hers. I dozed off and suddenly I was awakened by bright light hitting my closed eyelids. I snapped my eyes open and outside my window there were these two lights. As I stared, they looked like orbs and were greenish blue. It seemed to me that they became aware that I saw them and they zipped away in an upwards direction. My sister had awakened also just in time to see the light filling our room before they left but had missed seeing the "orbs".

Are these two incidents in my life connected? Sometimes I wonder.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
S+F for the thought-provoking post. I can easily imagine a connection when thinking about the theories that postulate "ET's" actually exist on a different level of consciousness or a different dimension. Could the dead and the aliens exist in the same dimension, or ones similar? A dimension just beyond our cuff of conscious recognition that they can physically manifest here for short periods of time...hence ghosts and ET's being only fleeting observances? It's all straight out of my butt as you can guess, but it does get the hamster running on his little wheel in my head. Thanks, very appreciated.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by VirginiaGreen
S+F for the thought-provoking post. I can easily imagine a connection when thinking about the theories that postulate "ET's" actually exist on a different level of consciousness or a different dimension. Could the dead and the aliens exist in the same dimension, or ones similar? A dimension just beyond our cuff of conscious recognition that they can physically manifest here for short periods of time...hence ghosts and ET's being only fleeting observances? It's all straight out of my butt as you can guess, but it does get the hamster running on his little wheel in my head. Thanks, very appreciated.

Well, out of your butt or not, my brother has an interesting theory that can corroborate what you have said based on what evidence is available. He suggests a multidimensional or multiverse type of existence that has multiple fields of existence interacting in the places where the fields of all concurrent existence "blend" at the edges thus eliminating the need to travel over distance and being inhibited by time. The blending or folding of the many dimensionsions lends itself to the idea that these places of touching to those in the know are available as doorways or portals from one dimension to another. Energy (of which we all are) leaks or travels willingly from dimension to dimension in it's many forms.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Recently I came across a podcast that featured Jim Frazier who wrote the Brian Scott Story. He specifically stated that 10% of people who are experiencing alien contact are aware of it. The rest are not. Many of them believe that they have experienced hauntings though. Some who experience 'hauntings' then find out it is not ghosts but something else.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It has always seemed to me that when "strange" things start happening of one sort, it is not unusual for strange things of other sorts to start happening as well. John Keel, particularly in the Mothman Prophecies, noted a lot of that kind of stuff. I'm thinking of his experiences at that strange area at the artillery range or whatever, where he had definite feelings of dread just up to a certain point? The whole Mothman experience was a mixture of sightings, feelings, things in the sky, premonitions, etc. etc. That's one reason I loved Keel, because he was so great at thinking outside the box and tying disparate things together. As I recall, one of the first questions he would ask would-be witnesses to UFO or Mothman sightings was whether they were also experiencing any common haunting experiences.

I also believe that certain individuals, whether they are just naturally open to extreme possibilities, ala Fox Mulder, or whether they have trained themselves to be, just see this stuff more often than others. Remember that Florida man who took hundreds of pictures of UFOs? Maybe we attract the phenomena or the phenomena is attracted to us? Unfortunately, that leads to people believing the whole thing is a hoax because you see something that I might not be able to see.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine

I definitely believe there is connection with what I saw inside my home and what I saw in the night sky.

I am glad that I found some people that have actually experienced something of this nature and that I was not an isolated incident.

Another thing that happened to me was in the early 80's. I was asleep in my bed one night. A school night I recall. My sister and I shared a bedroom. Anyway I was asleep in my bed and she in hers. I dozed off and suddenly I was awakened by bright light hitting my closed eyelids. I snapped my eyes open and outside my window there were these two lights. As I stared, they looked like orbs and were greenish blue. It seemed to me that they became aware that I saw them and they zipped away in an upwards direction. My sister had awakened also just in time to see the light filling our room before they left but had missed seeing the "orbs".

Are these two incidents in my life connected? Sometimes I wonder.

That is a fascinating account and very similar to the events that my brother and I experienced growing up. They seemed to follow us no matter where we lived. Mine too, were the bluish globby, morphing orbs that acted like they had an intelligence of their own. It was almost as if the lights themselves were alive like some plasmic being. I dunno. Hard to say.

As far as the phenomena you experienced being related with one another, as the thread suggests, I would hedge a guess that they invariably are. Without a doubt.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Recently I came across a podcast that featured Jim Frazier who wrote the Brian Scott Story. He specifically stated that 10% of people who are experiencing alien contact are aware of it. The rest are not. Many of them believe that they have experienced hauntings though. Some who experience 'hauntings' then find out it is not ghosts but something else.

There have been a couple of guests on the Paracast that seem to gel with my line of thought as well. Those being one Christopher O'Brien, a wonderful researcher and journalist who has done some extensive work in the San Luis Valley of the American Southwest, and Walter Starcke who is a seemingly enlightened metaphysicist and lecturer that had a lot to say likening to my train of thought. Incredible, really.

I remember, I'm guessing here, most of the incidents and events that have occurred in my life as paranormal activity but I am, however, missing a bit of time with at least two incidents. I used to obsess about that, but they have been long enough ago that they no longer sit in the forefront of my thinking. I do not think that having the time or the events of that time back would irrevocably change my life anyway. Being able to understand it would be nice, though. =)

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by casaloma

It has always seemed to me that when "strange" things start happening of one sort, it is not unusual for strange things of other sorts to start happening as well. John Keel, particularly in the Mothman Prophecies, noted a lot of that kind of stuff.

*snip*

John Keel, in my humble opinion, was definitely a valuable progenitor in this field of study and spearheaded some very important lines of thought and theory by not being afraid or maybe was and did it anyway, to tackle things that didn't cohese in an obvious way. It is too bad that his later years were difficult and that he maybe did not yield all that he knew before he died. I wonder what didn't wind up in the books!

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I've had quite a bit of recall of supernatural/paranormal experiences. There have been suggestions that these aliens or whomever are immortals and use different bodies or life forms as needed. Their illusion of death may also be one of their own trojan horse strategies. We already are aware of OOBE and these people have more than likely mastered this quite well.

We already know of remote veiwing, which is also similar to the biblical watchers and fallen angels.

The entities or whomever, may also be working together as a collective of minds and energies that makes them even stronger and or more visible like a shapeshifter. The biblical and other similar historical writings suggest much of this for over 2,000 years so far.

UFOs that take different shapes to appear as different craft in different states within the same time frame of hours etc.

I've also witnessed those who are to our eyes invisible or cloaked.

Budd Hopkins has a book called Sight Unseen.

I think it's wrong not to include the paranormal as one of their main tools of illusions and deceptions. And obviously along with our weak minds for mind control.

The ability to also project a craft like a hologram has been suggested for awhile. Now it's been suggested the military also has this technology.

Some speculate these UFOs and technologies are actually man made and not extraterrestrial.

But the suggestion of these entities inhabiting and taking over human bodies may actually be why. And the trojan horse or hosts we've heard about.

Many ignore scriptural writings and yet so much of what we hear about today can be related as if disclosure or Revelations.

I'm not a church goer or bible thumper, but I do believe there's a strong connection people are missing.

" You shall know them by their works "

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
I've had quite a bit of recall of supernatural/paranormal experiences. There have been suggestions that these aliens or whomever are immortals and use different bodies or life forms as needed. Their illusion of death may also be one of their own trojan horse strategies. We already are aware of OOBE and these people have more than likely mastered this quite well.

*snip*

Many ignore scriptural writings and yet so much of what we hear about today can be related as if disclosure or Revelations.

I'm not a church goer or bible thumper, but I do believe there's a strong connection people are missing.

" You shall know them by their works "

Myself not being a religious person, I do find a lot of the religious doctrine valuable, not for it's dogma or liturgical laws, but for it's recorded events in the paranormal activities.

Most of what was seen in this field, like today, was not understood. But the descriptions still ring as accurate and noteworthy. I cringe, however when I start to hear "demon" or "angel" talk. I am OK with energy forms and entities. I know. Semantics. I had Catholicism shoved down my throat until I was 18 and have been recovering ever since. My family being Irish, I am now the black sheep and I'm pretty sure they think I am going to Hell should one actually exist beyond a state of mind.

Back on topic. I have combed extensively through many religious and spiritual tomes such as The Bhagavad Gita, The Tao Te Ching, Black Elk Speaks, The Torah and Talmud, The Vedas, Dead Sea Scrolls, many, many, many versions of the Christian Bible ranging from the traditional King James Version to the Book of Mormon all for the persuit of paranormal and UFO activity. With a keen eye and open mind, these doctrine can be seen as a valuable source for just those type of things. As far as them being a reliable and quantifiable source, well that remains to be seen and experienced collectively at a societal level at least beyond the minute personal accounts in relation to the total global population.

I would gather that there is still a significant portion of the global population that would not even know what a UFO is. But by the same token we have the incredible accounts recorded and painted on stone by the Dogon, The Australian Aborigine, The Hopi and seemingly most of the Central/South American Societies. Hmmm....

Cheers,

Erik

Edited to add: That although my response in this regard concerning traditional religious nomenclature may seem tainted or biased, I would like to just go on record that instead of it being noted as bias instead see it as things that do not resonate as a truth with me personally. A lot of the language seems scare tactic oriented and therefore it's purpose for control by use of liturgical governments is obvious therefore I take it with a large grain of salt.

[edit on 22/SepamTue, 08 Sep 2009 10:23:04 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I agree. I think we are definately on to something. There are people who have experienced both UFO sightings and paranormal phenomenon that are just not willing to come forward, but in the sake of research and finding the truth I hope those people can find the courage to share even if it is only by u2u which some have done. I have had enough responses both open and private to know that there truly is a connection there, what remains is understanding the nature of it all.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi

Goodmorning from the Tallest Trees in the World.

[edit on 22/AugamFri, 28 Aug 2009 09:49:50 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

does that mean you are in humboldt county i.e. redwoods? if so, greetings! I am from humboldt county too! but if not than i guess that whole sentence was just pointless.

as for the ghost and ufo connection... i can say this much being someone who has experienced a little of both.. i do not believe ghosts are tied to ufos or aliens. i saw my grandmother when she passed, literally seconds after she passed, and she was sitting in the rocking chair in our living room, rocking back and forth and smiling. i was of course freaking out because i was about 4 years old and didnt understand what was going on... but after that and since then.. i know there is something more to ghosts.

ive also of course experienced many more ghost sightings in my life. lived in quite a few haunted places. mainly, the eureka theater in eureka california. in the early 90's and late 80's my dad was the manager of the theater and we lived in the apartment on top of the theater. myself and my family all experienced so many strange things, something happened almost on a daily basis. the building next to us was also haunted.

it would be from seeing old men sitting in the theater and looking away for a second and suddenly they werent there anymore, to the boiler room behind one of the exits that the staff liked to call "freddy's room" (aka freddy krueger) because so many weird things happened down there.

i think ghosts are genuinely the spirits of people who were once living and who knows why they appear or why the haunt a place.. but im really not convinced it has anything to do with aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join