It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you enhance skills?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I feel I have 'some' ability(s) and would like to expand them.

Example - I have a friend I had not met in Real Life but was going to visit her. I had a very vivid dream before I visited that she was sitting in front of a Stone Fireplace in a leather chair. She is a smoker and used a crystal ashtray.

I told her of this dream and she was amazed.

She had a Stone Fireplace.
Sat in a leather chair.
Smoked and favorite ashtray was crystal.

She sent me pictures - the fireplace was not the same as in my dream but still stone.

The chair was also a little different but still leather.

The ashtray was very close.

This is just one example. I have a lot more.

I would love to see if I can expand my 'abilities'. But have no idea how to go about this?

Any ideas or info would be most appreciated! Thanks.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is called, "telepathy." I cannot answer your question, but if someone does, please be so kind as to clue me in? I too have been experiencing telepathic things, seeing what others are doing is only one. As for enhancing this ability, which I believe we all have, is something I cannot seem to do. I have come to think it is an awakening process that is timed to go off a little at a time, and not all at once. I think it is encoded within our DNA.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I seem to 'sense' what friends and family are up to. It's not constant, and I've never tried to control it. I'll just 'know' that a friend is thinking about me, or that a family member is on their way home/needs my help (my family jokingly call me 'witchypoo').

I don't think that I have dreams about it/them, But then I don't remember my dreams. I also believe that it's perfectly normal and that everyone has the ability, but that most people are just too busy or distracted to feel it. I think it could have something to do with the way animals communicate in a herd, or maybe it was what we did before evolution allowed us to talk (or something like that).

I think most people have felt that 'someone's watching me' feeling, only to turn around and stare directly at a stranger who's giving you the 'eye'. I think it's all the same sort of thing, and maybe one day the scientific community will be able to explain it rationally. Unfortunately, scientists are so scared of losing their credibility that they won't push the boundaries too far. So the process of discovery may be slow!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Knowledge is key. Try learning subjects on Astrology, Rune Stones, Tarot Cards, how to open your Third Eye, Chakras and so on.
I'd say try and find suitable books in your library or secondhand book shop as many decent NeoPagan books are hard to come by, learning Protection techniques is a must also aswell.
Ive been learning allsorts of Theology over the past 5 years, its hard to know which path to follow so my only advice would be is to follow your own. If you want to be a bit of Buddhist-Wiccan-Druid then you be all that.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

I have read a lot of books or links on different sites. These all seem to try to teach you something - um that doesn't sound right - how can I explain this...

I guess I am trying to find a way to 'open' myself more? A way to learn something that will help me recognize what I can use or what I see and expand on this.

Sorry I am doing a terrrrrible job of explaining this

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Though I may not know as much as the person who has studied such subjects for a few years I have slowly begin to jump/dabble into it. The most often used way to enhance is through meditation perhaps, I've found that if I go to school (college classes) my mind just becomes a blank canvas I guess because I want to enhance my abilities/skills for the years ahead.

I would think the same thing as a blank mind might help, in this case; but I do think that having a deeper connection with the person may in fact open up a link between minds and reveal what the person is like and what they are perhaps doing at the time. So in a way the fact that you knew her and perhaps had lingering thoughts about her led your mind to wander and fulfill that desire via a dream.

So perhaps try a bit of meditation, and see where that may lead.

P.S. Sorry the post is messed up, tired, nauseous, and sick all the same.

top topics

join