It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you die for?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this lately, and I've come to the conclusion that there are certain circumstances that could come about that would warrant this. If you remember the movie "Braveheart", well that's the first one that came to mind, I could see dying for your people, your way of life, your rights. I don't know, though, I'd love to hear some input, and please be truthful in your replies! Thanks!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Praxilla

My family.
My country.

In that order.

General Patton once said, "The object of war it not to die for your country, but to make the other sonofab#ch die for his."

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Unfortunately, a lot of brave soldiers do not have that choice - they died, full stop.

And a lot of starving people do not have that choice - they died, full stop.

So I suggest that you go and do something useful with your life instead of this.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I wish I had been the author of the sentiment, but Ghandi said it first...,

"There are many causes for which I am prepared to die, but there are none for which I am willing to kill."

I don't pretend that, at least in my case, that isn't just wishful thinking, but I strive towards that line of reasoning anyway.

Besides, fearing death is as foolish as fearing life.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Not "will"ing to die, period. if i will to die, then i guess i deserve to die. so therefore i do not want to die. What if there were these "crazy" universal laws out there that actually respected a being's free will?

that would be so awesome because then i would get to live forever. of course i would have a brand new cloned body and id hang on to the one i got now, just to have. the people who rule this world play by the book, they have to. We play by the book as well, we just may not know it.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

God or someone I loved. or any child.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My faith, my wife and kids, my freedom (both Constitutional and physical) and that is it. Currently, I am not willing to die for a country which has shown no willingness to help protect any of those priorities alongside me. For what its worth, my list of what I'd kill for is far, far larger than this list, though it includes these same priorities.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been askin' after
you
Hear the past a callin', from Ar- -megeddon's side
When everyone's talkin' and no one is listenin', how can we
decide?

(Do we) find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground

Mother earth will swallow you, lay your body down
Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground
Mother earth will swallow you, lay your body down
Find The Cost Of Freedom Lyrics (Crosby Stills Nash & Young)

Friends, I would gladly give my life for the Freedom of Mankind, as so many have done before. There is a lot of good, American blood in the ground of those battlefields, and we must never forget that, or, we will be destined to repeat it.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I would die for a society where star trek is reality and humanity is united.

I can't fill this second line with another answer.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I am not willing to die for anything.

Its all sandcastles on the shore.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
I am not willing to die for anything.

Its all sandcastles on the shore.

I concur with you my friend...I am not willing to die for anything...screw death !!!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

My children ... in a heartbeat ... if ever the need arose.

Woody

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I can't really say what I would die for until the moment arises. I do not wish for death but I don't fear it either. Now if someone held a gun to my head and said get in their car or they'd shoot me, I'd stand where I was and tell them to go ahead.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would die for freedom and true demcoracy, taht would be free of selfish and greedy corporations. I would die for the constitution of the united states of america.i would ie to prtect the baorders of this beutiful country, and its people.
I would NOT die, for our prersent and recent past congress, lawmakers and presidents.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'd die for the chance to go into the afterlife and request whatever maker exists make me again to come back as a being with great power to be a guardian for someone who can change the world and put mankind to utopia.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I would die for my family and my dog and I would consider it an honour too.

There was a time when I would have remained happy to salut the union jack and been happy to love my Queen. I might have envisaged dying for my country but those were the days when I was a willing tool of my indoctrination and thus I lapped up the twaddle that was spoon-fed to me by the mainstream.

It is sad that our trust of our government is used against us in such a powerful way that we cannot even see the seams in the lie. Therefore it is hardly any surprise that so many of us hold on so hard to the belief that their government is an honourable body that just wishes to serve its people.

That said, I would also be ready to die if dying meant the truth about extraterrestrials, the hidden government and the real history of mankind would be disseminated to the slumbering oblivious cud munchers because for change to happen it is this dissemination to the sleeping that is key to that change.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
My son, without a doubt.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a Krispy Kreme donught right now. damn pregnancy cravings!

But seriously, My child (unborn now, but give me 6 months) & my Partner.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
My God
My family
My farm
My guns
The American Flag and what it used to stand for
My Rebel Flag

new topics