It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Crop Circles???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Okay, imagine the scene
, you're an alien race who have been watching the inhabitants of the earth for millions of years. When in quite recent times humans evolve. And they evolve to a level of intellect to which they are able to understand you, or you are able to make them understand you with one of your very advanced devices.

So what do you do to communicate and let these humans know that you are there???

Reign fire and brimstone from the heavens in a show of power
? or Give a sign of peace and love from across the cosmos?

Nope, what you do of course you go out into the fields and play around with crops to make a nice pattern to communicate with them instead of using the world wide loud hailer translating into all languages to let them know of your presence.

Now either it's all one big hoax by ordinary people, or maybe even the governments of the world to hide 'the truth', or could it just be that our alien counterparts aren't as clever as we may think?

What are your thoughts on it?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have always wondered about that myself.

These aliens are doing some pretty nice artworks in the farmers fields. But guess what? Some of those farmers are upset about it because it is destroying the crops they work so hard for us to get food on the table.

So those aliens are sometimes taking advantage of others.

Now yea, those pictures are artful that they make in the crops. I think sometimes that that's all it is really. Just art work. But then, seeing how they are so hard at work to keep themselves invisible from us, perhaps it's a way of them communicating to one another? Can't be though because don't they have telepathy to communicate with one another?

So if they really are trying to communicate with us, could it be because no one wants to accept their presence here? The government or the people. And that's their way of 'breaking the ice'?

Whatever the answers are, they sure as heck seem to be having a fun time making all those pretty shapes in the fields!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply, was interesting, and while we're in the same kind of ball park, it's not just the crops getting the worse of the treatment, think of all the cattle slaughtered! It must be a lot of work making them into hamburgers.

I mean you'd think with all that technology they could simply materialize some food, or at least have the courtesy to walk into the nearest brach of McDonalds!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
We should aliens want to communicate with us anyway ? we don't try to communicate with ants.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
maybe the aliens just like to be mysterious?

and related to this ant thing... i wouldn't like to communicate with ants but i would like to chat with orcas...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't buy the alien/crop circle theories and never have. It just does not seem like something an intelligent race would do, but that's just me.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If ETs are coming here stealthily and landing their vehicles upon the surface of the planet, chances are that some of those landing spots will be in human made crops. They're an excellent place to land at night and avoid humans as most are remote and humans rarely venture out into them at such times.

However, I do not think any of the ornately designed crop circles are of UFO origin. Most likely only the simple ones that look like plain circular impressions can be considered authentic. Which should basically be the impression left by circular vehicles like flying saucers. I also think this doesn't happen very often at all and only really consider the crop circles with abnormalities like twisted wheat stalks to be of any value to study.

Don't forget that there are also thousands of UFO landing trace cases that are not in fields as well, which show similar characterstics to crop circles. None of which have any ornate designs and follow the characteristics of simple landing zones as should be expected if a circular craft landed on the earth's surface.

Africa's "fairy circles", which recently defied scientific explanation, are most likely of similar origin to crop circles and UFO landing trace cases, but again, the public is left in the dark as to what they really might be.

In summary, "some" crop circles are real and can be attributed to UFOs. They also match up great in some situations with UFO landing trace cases and Africa's fairy circles. I also don't think they have anything to do with communicating with humans and that all fancy circle designs are created by man. My opinion only.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well... Personally I think people make them... Cause as you say, there's absolutely no reason as to why aliens should do this... Well, maybe crop-circling is a sport on Mars, but seriously folks...

I've only seen on� single video-footage that could make me think again.. The one where you actually see a crop circle being formed, with bright lights flying over the field. Remarcable footage!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Does anyone have pictures of the traces of landing in any place other then fields such as the african fairy circles example?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I don't buy the alien/crop circle theories and never have. It just does not seem like something an intelligent race would do, but that's just me.
I've always said this too...instead of jacking into the worlds communication systems and internet to drop small pieces of information for the world they draw in corn fields...nah.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
saying that does anyone have a link to the video that shows the crop circle being made?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
im pretty sure the aliens have come and those are remains of certain crafts. but then again i got the train of thought thinking that the sumerians intendedly made the crop circles so the aliens know where to dock and communicate with us.

i also think that if we write certain symbols that can relate to the aliens then yes, we could use the crop circles to communicate with them. theyre already in our skys as it seems. maybe they just come when we make the right symbols?

ancient greek mythology and certain civilizations and indians had cymbals that look alot that much like a crop circle could relate to.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkAngel
saying that does anyone have a link to the video that shows the crop circle being made?
That video was a hoax. It was proven to be fake.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
How about this theory......

The crop circles are true.. well, at least some of them. Ok, maybe the aliens have no interest in a world that cannot even get along with itself. I mean if there are tons of other worlds out there, this world would have to think as a world and our petty country problems would pale in comparison.

Maybe, that is why they make the crop circles... they are not for us. They are maybe warning signs that can be visible from the sky letting others who come here know that they should not contact us yet.

Or an even worse thought... maybe some alien world has claimed dominion of this planet... (their future slaves) and this is a warning not to come here as they have marked this planet as their own.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
perhaps these crop circles are just manifestaions of the Earth's energy. for what purpose? perhaps a harbinger of change...why the artwork? higher symbolic intelligences at work? communication shouldn't just be about immediate clarity. what the intention of this artwork may be is to cause our perceptions to concentrate more on the harmonics behind the message rather than finding a literal interpretation. clarity is not always the best way...

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest

Originally posted by darkAngel
That video was a hoax. It was proven to be fake.

Is this the video you guys are referring to?

www.ufocasebook.com...&w.ram

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
IMO, crop circles are a natural phenomenon which we havent quite figured out yet. Something rare, like a ball lightning. All real crop circles, not those man made, are geometrical shapes and patterns, plants show abnormalities, some of them can be attributed to strong magnetic fields for example. Maybe it is some rare occuring amplification of existing forces of nature.
I seriously doubt that aliens are creating them. That makes no sense at all. They would certainly find other means to comunicate with us.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Good question about the crop circles.

I've heard that when you stand in some though you get dizzy and feel ill

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
you know perhaps they just have a sense of humor?

and please dont insult me with claims that those spectacular marks in the field are natural phenomenon or that a couple of drunk sobs from ireland made them. They couldnt navigate their way from the pub to their bed in dark.

If theyre human made they would need a whole squad of people with night googles to make one of the more complex ones, and even then i doubt they could pull of all the weird aniomalies surrounding the subject

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Why crop circles? Because they are easy to make. all you need is a short board with a rope theough each end to stomp the stalks flat with, a couple of "Story Stick" ropes with knots in it at predetermined lengths, a couple of buddies and Voila' you too can be stompin wheat in farmer brown's field in the middle of the night also.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join