It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Animals be Psychic Too?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Have you ever suspected that your dog or cat might have a psychic ability. Did they ever behave out of character right before a natural disaster? Did they ever come up to you when you where thinking about them, or did they ever get lost away from home and found their way back to you all by themselves? Many pet owners have had similar experiences with their pets and some believe it is because animals may have their own psychic abilities just as people do.

Early parapsychologist J.B. Rhine and his wife Louisa had studied many cases in which animals travelled great distances to find their way home. They found that ESP had to be the only explanation for those animals being able to find their way back. Rhine called this ability by animals psi-trailing. The US Army also believed in the possibility of animals having psychic abilities when they had Rhine and his Parapsychology lab research the ability of dogs locating land mines in the early 50's. Although the animals great sense of smell was what brought the most success in the experiments, it was still one of the earliest studies of this kind.

There are many people these days that believe they can communicate with animals by actually hearing their thoughts. These people call themselves either pet psychics, animal communicators, or animal intuitives and seem to be gaining popularity. These pet psychics help pet owners with all sorts of problems. Some folks want to know how they can get their pet to stop misbehaving, others have dying or very sick animals and want to know if their pets want to be put to sleep or not, some people want to know how they can get their pet that has run away to come back home, and others just want to see what's on their pets mind. One pet psychic, Sonya Fitzpatric has become so popular that she was given her own program on Animal Planet. There is even some pet psychics that act as pet mediums that actually claim to be able to communicate with the spirits of deceased pets. Only a small percentage of pet psychics act as mediums though.

Their is a lot of skepticism on this topic however, probably more than most other paranormal subjects. Many feel that animals that appear to be displaying psi abilities are actually obtaining information from super sensitivity. For example; animals may be able to feel movements and changes in the earth that occur just before an earthquake takes place. Other explanations given for animals appearing to be psychic are natural instinct, and simply coincidences. More scientific research and studies need to be done on this subject. Animal psi does not seem to be getting as much attention as other paranormal subjects. It is being overlooked when in fact it may bring much more light on the subject of psi in general if it was to be researched more often.

- by Max Rodegher

Author of Studies of the Paranormal

From www.studiesoftheparanormal.com

Do you think they are?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyintheuk

Animals are far more psychic than people because they are more in touch with the earth, the planet, nature, and because they are uncorrupted.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I think the term 'Psychic' covers a lot of different possibilities. For me, the ability to 'sense' where loved ones are and what they are doing, is as real in my three dogs as it is in myself.

I will often think 'I think I'll call ...' only for the phone to ring, and that person to be on the other end. My dogs, also, will start to become excited before my partner or one of my children pops home (at different times). I have been known to become agitated for apparently no reason, only to have one of my children phone and ask for my help. And there was a study done with rabbits, whereby the mother was wired up to receptors, in an onshore lab, and her brain waves were recorded whilst her babies were killed (they were in a submerged submarine). There were detectable changes at the exact moment of death of each of the babies.

Humans and animals seem capable of similar reactions to similar situations. I, personally, believe that one day science will be able to explain this 'phenomena' rationally. I think 'vibes' will one day be understood and accepted as just another facet of our biological existence.

Unfortunately, I probably won't be around to see it!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
All people and animals are psychic, but we are always taught that theres no such things from when we are very young, so most of us lost our contact with our 'psychicness', unless we can get back in touch with it, wheras animals don't have this problem.

And i think my guinea pigs might be able to read my mind.

I alse once watched a program on the paranormal channel on sky (201, but its got a different name now) and it was about animals that were psychic. There was this man who went walking in the hills with his two dogs, and it was a place where nobody else would be, but one of his dogs who usually went ahead, kept trying to go back, like it was asking him to go back. He thought it was ill so he went home, and as soon as he got home he had a massive heart attack, but he managed to phone an ambulance and he survived, but if he hadnt have been at home he would have died. It was a very interesting program.

top topics

join