It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Visit the Dentist AGAIN!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am lazy about my teeth, and my mouth isn't in great shape or anything but honestly, if I feel like there is something gross in my mouth, I'm more likely to use water than anything. A wet toothbrush can get off anything that toothpaste can get off.
I also have one of those little metal scrapers, only dulled. I used to use a safety pin before I got it, to be honest. It works fine, and then I wasn't as freaked out at the dentist since I could scrape off some of it at home on my own time. I usually go over the gumline with the metal thing every couple days.

Seems to work fine.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i shoulda never got my filling ever since i did i cant eat any thing cold on that side of my mouth

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i tryed running my teeth with lemon skin today,i know it works,its pretty cool,so whenever u have lemon skins from the lemons,rub ur teeth with the inner side.
as for teeth,i cant belive but alot of people have sensitive gums,even i lol,i never though ill suffer from sensitive gums,so we have in bulgaria here a herbal thingy calld "SANDRIN" its herbal juice you pour with water and wash your mouth with it,it leaves a feeling of..you know....sucky feeling..and is veeery good for hygine and health,use it like once a week or something atleast.
i hope u have sandrin as well

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I despise dentists, but it's not because of fluoride.

I just went to a dentist a few days ago. The reason I went was to have a molar removed that had cracked in half. It was causing me immense pain, so I had no choice. But it was the first time I have been to a dentist in over 8 years. I'm 47 years old, and until two weeks ago I still had every tooth in my head that God gave me.

To get this broken tooth removed required 4 office visits and over $2000. It would have cost much more, but I was paying cash, so I haggled them down over $1500 versus what they would have charged an insurance company.

Removing the tooth took over 3 hours, and the anesthetic began to wear off after about 2-1/2 hours. Even though they gave me 6 or 7 shots of local anesthesia, including one directly into the open tooth root nerve, for some raeson the shots were not working. So the final parts of the extraction and the stitches hurt like hell. The oral surgeon and his assistant kept telling me to quit squirming around, and that the intense pain I was feeling in the exposed tooth nerve was probably just my imagination.

The dentist had to use a saw to cut my tooth in half and break it out of my jaw in pieces using pliers. It was pretty gruesome, and the final pieces hurt like hell coming out.

I won't be going to a dentist again anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
"Never Visit the Dentist AGAIN!" Is hands down some of the WORST advice I have herd distributed in along time.

LOVE your teeth people, treat them like it too.

There are plenty of dental products and dentists who will do everything you need with out all the 'bad stuff'.

the dentist is a VERY GOOD THING.

I recommend going every 6-12 months.

unless you are not fond of your teeth, then don't.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join