It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh Congratulates Himself on Kennedy Death Prediction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Source

Rush Limbaugh offered himself some kudos Wednesday for predicting in March that the health care bill wouldn't be passed before Ted Kennedy's death.

Here's the original prediction.

Limbaugh: Kennedy Will Be Dead By The Time Health Care Bill Passes

On his radio show Friday, Rush Limbaugh suggested that Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA) would be dead by the time health care reform legislation passes. "Before it's all over, it'll be called the Ted Kennedy memorial health care bill," the talk show host says. He says President Obama has moved on to health care because he can't solve the economic crisis. Listen, via Media Matters

Here's my take on this. You would have thought that the conservatists have a higher moral standard and mannerism compared to the lefties (at least according to them). But by looking at their behaviors and actions so far, I have to say that is simply not the case.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What a guy can't make a joke in a serious voice and tone?

Try not to take it so seriously.

And don't go saying I'm insensitive to this subject, my own father died of brain cancer two weeks after he was diagnosed.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
He was right about both points, kind of. He died before it passed and already someone is looking to get it named in his honor.

"Indeed, with Kennedy's passing, Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) has called for health care reform legislation to be named in his honor."

I don't see the problem with it. Are you upset that he said it, was right or that he gave himself kudos for being accurate?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I used to listen to him many years ago. Now I can't believe HE isn't dead yet. People really need to stop repeating anything this guy says. I'd rather listen to Pat Robertson anyday compared to that guy. Limbaugh has probably cost the health care system even more with his endless rants and ramblings. Just put him on ignore.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
You know, it seems once Obama popped up, EVERYONE starts to die.

Ted Kennedy
Oxiclean guy
MJ
Fawcett
Mcmahn (however you spell these lol)
Obamas mom.

and a whole list more.

Probably no real conspiracy, just funny I guess.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Limbaugh is correct. He's just pointing out the obvious.
The guy isn't even buried yet and they are already trying to push junk
through saying 'do it for Teddy'.

Oh No, Here Comes Open Borders for Teddy

Along with a health care reform bill, it would be a fitting tribute to the late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) if Congress could act on his other great unfinished cause: immigration reform.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
[SNIP]

edit because i'm an adult lol

Get over yourself.

I just remarked it was funny, and that's where it should've stayed, not your whole, omg noone has died, i'm going to overdramatisize a joke, just so I can appear to be smart by insulting.

I'm sure your the same person that, at every chance tells people bush is dumb, just because it requires nothing from you, because you follow the crowds thinking. ( edit to add, after searching your post, my assumption was right go figure!)

It was a joke, it was meant to be for people with a sense of humor, get god have some fun, calm down. lol.

No need for name calling, i'm sorry your genius is to much for the internet!!!

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Republican08]

Mod Edit: Removed quoted insult. Please use the Alert function to notify staff.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It wasn't much of a prediction. We all knew Kennedy was dying. We knew the health care reform wouldn't go through quickly. It made sense that Kennedy would die before the bill got to a vote.

And the notion of naming it after Kennedy is nothing too surprising, either. Beloved senator dies (beloved to his constituents, at least), a touching story, name it after him. Kind of like "One more for the Gipper". Nothing like dying to really boost your career. In Kennedy's case, to boost the cause of the Democrats. Count on some politician wanting to name the bill after Kennedy, not out of respect for him, but as a cynical effort to tug at peoples' heartstrings to get the bill passed.

All Limgaugh did was state the obvious. No kudos for Rush.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

It wasn't much of a prediction. We all knew Kennedy was dying. We knew the health care reform wouldn't go through quickly. It made sense that Kennedy would die before the bill got to a vote.

This tread is pretty misleading and doesn't have all the facts. Which is the way Rush quotes tend to be. Rush admitted himself during this segment that it wasn't a brilliant prediction. He wasn't even bragging about it. He was responding to the MSM clips that brought up the fact he predicted it.

We all know Democrats have no shame, so it no it wasn't like we all didn't know this would happen. Rush was just proving a point.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Typical.

Rush is the bad guy for pointing out the Dems will use the guys death for political gain? AND they are!

I'm not a huge Rush fan as he is one sided, but come on! Kill the messenger much?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
All Rush Limbaugh has done is state the obvious. He's not the one that should be ashamed of what he's done.

No, for that, you need to look at the other side of the isle for those politicizing Ted Kennedy's death. The man wasn't even cold when they started trotting out the whole 'lets pass healthcare for Teddy' BS. At least some of his own colleagues in the Democratic leadership seem to care less about his death than how they can use it to their political advantage.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Here's my take on this. You would have thought that the conservatists have a higher moral standard and mannerism compared to the lefties (at least according to them). But by looking at their behaviors and actions so far, I have to say that is simply not the case.

Way to group everyone together!

Here's an example of the above logic: My neighbor(who's a democrat)told me that Obama is an actual God. Since he said it, EVERY democrat believes this to be true!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Being a member of the Republican Party and being a conservative, I am really upset that people think Rush Limbaugh even remotley speaks for me or I would spend 1 nano second agreeing with any thing he utters. That person is a disgrace to every conservative person in this world. He does not speak for me.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The Health Care Bill probably WILL be named after Kennedy. Rush was right. Ugh! I can't believe I just said that.

But that doesn't make him any more or less intelligent or disgusting or worthy of listening to than he's ever been. He's a caricature. A joke. A dark, angry, sad, peculiar man. Why people give his nonsense ANY of their time is a mystery to me. Everything I've ever heard him say (repeated on other programs) is blather.

He certainly doesn't speak for all conservatives, but he speaks for a substantial segment, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Actually it does make him intelligent and worthy of listening to. He can read lefties like a book.

Remember the Paul Wellstone fiasco? Taking advantage of a crisis (Rahm Emmanuel), or taking advantage of the death of a Senator is SOP for Democrats. The only thing is that it usually backfires on them.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I love listening to limbaugh. Might not agree with him 100% all the time, but he does make you think when he poses responses to some of the things that are going on with the government.

But honestly, who couldnt see this coming at all? Everybody knew that as soon as he took his last breath the "Do it for the Gipper" speaches and remarks would start coming out of the woodwork. Maybe Rush "called" it before he died (I dont think he really did, kind of a general statement imho), but that doesnt make him that much smarter than the average person on this subject.

I for one do not like to hear or talk bad about people especially if they are sick or right after they are dead. But Rush is doing talking about Kennedy for a specific reason, he has to shut down the dem's moves on this. They are trying to play with peoples heartstrings by saying all this crap in a last ditch effort to push this massively unafforadable, unstaffable, unwanted bill down our throats without an honest debate. Im willing to bet that if the dems werent trying to push this crap thru in his name that rush wouldnt be damning the man as much as he has been.

It really is sad on both ends, the first being that left is puttin this guy's name on a bill in order to further their agenda after he is dead and two, the fact that the right must damn the man in order for the bill not to get passed. Kinda reminds WE THE PEOPLE that the jack***'s in D.C. are really a bunch of heartless bastards. Whatever happened to R.I.P.? Morn the man if you want, but move on. Dont try to say that "He woulda wanted this to happen this way or that." And dont talk crap about a man that is 6' under.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Very bad taste. Not good.
The worst part? It's called pretty much "okey dokey"
and thus defended. Figures.

Edited out the rest......

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Actually it does make him intelligent and worthy of listening to. He can read lefties like a book.

Remember the Paul Wellstone fiasco? Taking advantage of a crisis (Rahm Emmanuel), or taking advantage of the death of a Senator is SOP for Democrats. The only thing is that it usually backfires on them.

Dead on the mark! The lefties deriding Rush for predicting:

1) Teddy dying before Obamacare is passed.
2) The Democrats attempting to take advantage of Teddy's death before his corpse is in the ground by renaming the failing Obamacare to Teddycare.

Just another failed Democratic agenda to place in their Book of Shame.

Good prediction, Rush!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join