It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if ATS suddenly dissappears?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

I stumbled on ATS quite by accident. So as for other websites , if they are comparable to ATS, I would think they would be gone too. You know like maybe such forums are for terrorists who are a threat to the people of america type of thing. I 'm thinking one day that there will be regulations against any site that might be considered " too informative".

Think it's not illegal YET!

I wouldn't be surprised the least to find that ATS was shut down due to insert bull# here.

I'm a terrorist your a terrorists, Pelosi, Obama and Reid and Geithner and Biden, well Their just freakin patriots.

If their patriots, I think i'd have to love being a terrorist.

One day, what you can learn will be prohibited.

I have a optimistic view of the future though, because in the end, Nice Guys Finish First.

Check out Dawkins videos on the matter, eventually, good of I presume my eyesight barely and barely of others, will prevail for the 'true' good.

Till then, will put up with it and not put up with it, till an ultimatum.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
ATS disappearing would carry the same significance as 4chan disappearing.

My spyware scanner would certainly appreciate the break from eliminating tacking cookies and other annoyances.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I've grown very fond of ATS. I've also made some special friends.

My thoughts are that of ATS was taken down by TPTB then all other such sites will also disappear.

If that ever happens I will go back to time before computers.

I have a very good CB radio system in my truck, boat and car. I never use it. But it's there when TSHTF.

I also have a base station in my bedroom.

If I dig into my pile of discarded electronic equipment I've been adding to for many years I will find a ham radio at the bottom of that pile.

I also have several solar systems in waiting in case the power goes out.

If there is anyone broadcasting I'll find them.

I've been getting into the same type of conversations we have here since I was a child in the fifties. It was face to face then.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
ATS HAS disappeared in the past. Just *poof* , no warning. And more than once, too. And that's when IgnoranceDenied.com will usually see a sudden spike in traffic. But before freaking out, there are things you can do. Like the obvious. Email Bill or Mark, if your desperate pleas go unanswered over at ID.

It's when ATS, The AboveNetwork, ID, AND the emails all come back with daemons that yes, it's time to freak out.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Wayback Machine!

Personal Disclosure: Just because ATS might not be around forever doesn't mean that its internet history goes the way of the dodo!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
If ATS is gone or simply if you're not online in ATS, you could do something productive by trying to invent means to make people less dependent on the vicious system.

Good examples like - 100% environment-friendly self-sustainable, self-maintainable, small unit systems(that for example, support a small unit such as a single family) which could encompass many things like food, shelter, clothing, energy, and water.

Unfortunatly ahnggk, more people than I care to imagine live in a plastic bubble and do not think beyond this weeks pay check. I'm temped to put most of what I own on tables by my garage with a sign that says free stuff . There comes a point in life where you realize whats Really important. It isnt stuff. You are 100% correct about what people should be doing.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
I was just thinking tonight how I would freak out if ATS suddenly dissappeared one day due to some kind of govenment regulation . ATS is the only place I know of where citizens can speak the truth. I would have no way of knowing whats REALLY going on. If this ever happens I will truely know TSHHTF. Im a very level headed person who is NOT prone to panic however this possibility is nerve shattering to me. How bout you????

You would save a lot of your time probably.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
What happens if ATS disappears?

On a massive scale productivity surges to new levels as people don't spend time debating unlikely theories and theses and bickering with other users.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Although, when I see people on the street, I sometimes wonder if their ats members, lol.

LOL, I do that too.

reply to post by OzWeatherman

Same here, apart from girlfriend most my friends dont know what I do here. Although I do blab on about how misguided people complain about chemtrails and other weather stuff...but still, they dont know Im here

Really? LOL, I usually advertise I am part of ATS as much as I can when in general related conversations.

As far as me and what I would do if ATS ceased to exist..It would be very disappointing but in the end I would move on, I mean what could I do about? However I would petition for it to come back...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
ATS is unique. but at the same time theres god like productions.
which could be considered exactly the same. except its bollocks, crep, shut, fcuked in the a-hole...not as good.
ATS is best, is unique, is special, has enough intellectuals who know how to properly debate in an impersonal manner, to keep it aloft to a position far higher than that of any other alternative information website i've ever encountered ever. Quality here is what counts, not popularity
look @ rense with his crazy hair, who can take a man seriously with hair like that. I can't go to rense, ATS has to stay.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.Morrison

[edit on 28/8/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Well silly silly me...... When I posted this morning I must have imagined some sort of cybersecurity task force seeing ATS as in some way disruptive to the safety and stability of america. I don't know what I was imagining. There is no way that any parts of the internet could just dissappear.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There is at least one secret ATS b/u network growing on another site.
So far there are three or four people listed on it.
I'm not able to name it, but if you're any good, you should be able to find it.
If you do find it, join it...

Are there more b/u's out there I don't know about?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hmm -- More free time. ATS is a great place to vent and we can all hope that influential will be watching and learning (for the good). But, who knows.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it all truth but this is certainly a great place to anonymously speak your mind. I would be a little miffed if this site was shut down because of some new law. And I can't imagine how the long time posters would react

hehe

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If ATS goes down...

lock your doors

flush your conspiracy-related documents down the toilet

format your harddrive 17 times

hope you have a high supply of tinfoil in the house

hunker down in a small, one entrance room and wait for some kind of letter agency to knock on the door... because you know it is coming.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I don't think any site has ever captured and kept my attention as much as this one. What would I do if there was no more ATS?
First I'd probably go through withdrawals
then I'd be
mad, then
lost. LOL

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

If they closed it down, they would be confirming your suspicions.
However, if they decided to discredit ATS by saturating it with "I'm a reptilian from the planet _____" or "My cousin's uncle's best friend's distant relative met an alien who foretold our end" type threads, then... wait a second...
Perhaps I spoke too soon (or too late)...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

If they closed it down, they would be confirming your suspicions.
However, if they decided to discredit ATS by saturating it with "I'm a reptilian from the planet _____" or "My cousin's uncle's best friend's distant relative met an alien who foretold our end" type threads, then... wait a second...
Perhaps I spoke too soon (or too late)...

I agree that some stories on ATS would be better told around a campfire while toasting marshmellos. I do hope however that we always have the freedom to have sites such as ATS. There are bigger threats to National Security than chat forums.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

The doors will be locked and my fingers can type in the command of delete
*.* really quickly. Go to Dos first tho. Then type in delete*.*

of course all you have then is a hunk of plasic and metal. I did this once to see if it would work and yep it sure did.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Do I have this right?

The baddies kick in my door.
I go to my command prompt: a.k.a. "run"
type delete *.*
and my comp gets erased?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join