It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if ATS suddenly dissappears?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I was just thinking tonight how I would freak out if ATS suddenly dissappeared one day due to some kind of govenment regulation . ATS is the only place I know of where citizens can speak the truth. I would have no way of knowing whats REALLY going on. If this ever happens I will truely know TSHHTF. Im a very level headed person who is NOT prone to panic however this possibility is nerve shattering to me. How bout you????

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I can imagine many people not having acess to the internet for one reason or another first. There's always the library, but that might only be for 20 minutes.

I'd like to know the statistics here of members who don't log on for years or members who've ben absent for years. I've noticed a few with only a few posts, who've been members for over 4 years. Ghost members?

When ATS is no longer available, you know things are really bad.

I'd hate to think all we'll have is Yahoo Answers.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
You may need to step away from ATS for a while if that would be your reaction.

I enjoy ATS as much as the next guy, but if it was to go away one day then I suppose I would find something to keep me busy during the night. I have insomnia so I would either play some TW09 on my 360 or do some crosswords.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I have a feeling that alot more work will get done at the office.
Alot more peolpe will greet the sun.
Alot more husbands, wives, and children will get alot more hugs and kisses.
Alot more time will be spent doing, rather than typing.
Alot more soul searching and less web surfing.
Alot more walks in the park.
Alot more books being read.

But, Alot LESS denying of Ignorance!

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Jesus H Christ]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't know...probably go over to david ickes forum and worry about shape shifting reptillians,ninja masons with poisonous rings and baby fetus eating members of the royal family.Anyway i doubt the government will close ATS down,if anything they will take the whole internet down...then again,i doubt thats even possible these days.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I don't know...probably go over to david ickes forum and worry about shape shifting reptillians,ninja masons with poisonous rings and baby fetus eating members of the royal family.Anyway i doubt the government will close ATS down,if anything they will take the whole internet down...then again,i doubt thats even possible these days.

LOL

Applause

Why would they close it down anyway? All they gotta do is take a look at some of the threads here and realise we couldnt be further from the truth 75% of the time

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
I have a feeling that alot more work will get done at the office.

LMAO. haha, true.

I think alot of heads would explode.

I think most atsers, well at least me, try to keep in contact via email, just incase. Also you make a few cool friends on here, talk about stuff, shoot the #.

We are still real people, not just crazy bloggers rambling on about mother teresa and did jesus smoke you know what.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

We are still real people, not just crazy bloggers rambling on about mother teresa and did jesus smoke you know what.

Some people still are crazy bloggers

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

With all due respect jd140 I don't come to ATS because I need something to do. In fact I have to make time for ATS. I crochet things and read a lot as well as do the never ending chores that every woman does. Playing Xbox won't tell me if some NSA dudes are up to something. ATS has its share of tin foil hat types yes but the brilliant also hang out here. I've learned more from ATS that in any other area of information.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Some people still are crazy bloggers

I met some in real life, their crazy, there is some things you just don't talk about in public.

Say I want to criticize religion, I can do it online, and people can dismiss it as they may.

If I go around intruding on peoples lives, then i've crossed the line.

Just as I can dismiss reptilian topics online, but by gods word, if someone comes up to me in real life saying to me obama is a reptile and ann coulter is too, so help me god, I will explode from spontaneous combustion!!!

Although, when I see people on the street, I sometimes wonder if their ats members, lol.

In all honesty, everyone I know, doesn't know I get on ATS, lol. I'm not ashamed just never, and kind of don't want to let them know this is what i'm a part of.

No offense.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

It was a joke.

You didn't have to give me a post dedicated to explaining why you like ATS or that you have to make time for it.

You should try playing a 360. Its very relaxing.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

In all honesty, everyone I know, doesn't know I get on ATS, lol. I'm not ashamed just never, and kind of don't want to let them know this is what i'm a part of.

No offense.

Same here, apart from girlfriend most my friends dont know what I do here. Although I do blab on about how misguided people complain about chemtrails and other weather stuff...but still, they dont know Im here

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

It was a joke.

You didn't have to give me a post dedicated to explaining why you like ATS or that you have to make time for it.

You should try playing a 360. Its very relaxing.

Ok, well I wasn't able to see into your eyes to know you were joking. Peace. Hey If I could afford an xbox and I could find something interesting in a game, I would have one. Maybe.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
If ATS is gone or simply if you're not online in ATS, you could do something productive by trying to invent means to make people less dependent on the vicious system.

Good examples like - 100% environment-friendly self-sustainable, self-maintainable, small unit systems(that for example, support a small unit such as a single family) which could encompass many things like food, shelter, clothing, energy, and water.

Try to think of something that will help drive it closer to reality! Because if you can do that, you don't have to do a %$#@! job! kiss your %$#@! bosses' @$$, pay %$#@! taxes! have $##@! people tell you what to do! have %$#@! people make you $#@#! your pants if something goes wrong in the world like crashing economy!!

Because that's what's true freedom is all about!!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I should have used one of those stupid smiley face things. I try not to becuase I really, really hate them. They just give people another tool to insult people.

Anyways, enough of my smiley face rant.

ATS is fun, but a lot of people I think take somethings posted on here waaay to serious.

Or maybe I don't take it serious enough.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

What happens if ATS suddenly dissappears?
Well the answer: sombody would probably start a thread on the dissappearence, in our alternate dimension where they sent M.Sin%g to. The thread would be rediculously flagged and would be the cause of many arguments incurring warnnings as well as a few TandC violations. TPTB would try to suppress the knowledge of the thread but J.Le%r would find out about it and leak the info via project camelot interview

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
What would happen if ATS suddenly was gone?

What do you think would happen? Where do you think ATS came from? Other people post on other websites all the time and so would you.

Nothing new would happen, that's my answer.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
If ATS disappears then consequently the world will most likely implode!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I have to agree with some of the other members here. If ATS suddenly vanished, I'd have to find some other place to share my gems of wisdom.

What I like about ATS, what I feel makes it unique, is that it brings so many different people together to discuss their beliefs. UFO folks, religious, cryptozoologists, ancient civilizations, ancient astronauts, theorists about a vast number of conspiracies of various types - all together in one place.

I can find any number of UFO sites, and I would guess some of them might be more thorough and more informative than what I find on ATS. That's no criticism of ATS, it's just that the UFO sites specialize. Same with other topics. Each topic we discuss here on ATS probably has dozens of other Websites, and likely some of those sites are pretty good. But where do you find everything all together?

That's what I like about this place. That's why I gravitated to ATS, instead of to those other sites. I'm interested in UFO's and Loch Ness and crystal skulls and Kirlian photography and who killed JFK - and a whole lot of other mysteries, oddities, anomalies, and stuff. What's it all about? I come here and people talk about all of that stuff and much, much more.

Sure I get annoyed by some of the posts, when someone is dogmatic or stubbornly skeptical or makes silly comments. No doubt some people find me annoying. But these folks often make me think about things, consider angles that never occurred to me. Even if I stick with my original beliefs, when someone makes me think about them, they're helping me to clarify why it is I believe that way. And sometimes someone helps me recognize that my beliefs weren't based on good facts.

If ATS disappeared, I'd get along somehow. I managed to survive without it for decades. I'd miss it. I'd probably try to see what's on some other Websites, if I had a particular topic I wanted to check out. But yes, I'd miss ATS and the annoying, but thought-provoking people here.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I have to agree with some of the other members here. If ATS suddenly vanished, I'd have to find some other place to share my gems of wisdom.

What I like about ATS, what I feel makes it unique, is that it brings so many different people together to discuss their beliefs. UFO folks, religious, cryptozoologists, ancient civilizations, ancient astronauts, theorists about a vast number of conspiracies of various types - all together in one place.

I can find any number of UFO sites, and I would guess some of them might be more thorough and more informative than what I find on ATS. That's no criticism of ATS, it's just that the UFO sites specialize. Same with other topics. Each topic we discuss here on ATS probably has dozens of other Websites, and likely some of those sites are pretty good. But where do you find everything all together?

That's what I like about this place. That's why I gravitated to ATS, instead of to those other sites. I'm interested in UFO's and Loch Ness and crystal skulls and Kirlian photography and who killed JFK - and a whole lot of other mysteries, oddities, anomalies, and stuff. What's it all about? I come here and people talk about all of that stuff and much, much more.

Sure I get annoyed by some of the posts, when someone is dogmatic or stubbornly skeptical or makes silly comments. No doubt some people find me annoying. But these folks often make me think about things, consider angles that never occurred to me. Even if I stick with my original beliefs, when someone makes me think about them, they're helping me to clarify why it is I believe that way. And sometimes someone helps me recognize that my beliefs weren't based on good facts.

If ATS disappeared, I'd get along somehow. I managed to survive without it for decades. I'd miss it. I'd probably try to see what's on some other Websites, if I had a particular topic I wanted to check out. But yes, I'd miss ATS and the annoying, but thought-provoking people here.

I stumbled on ATS quite by accident. So as for other websites , if they are comparable to ATS, I would think they would be gone too. You know like maybe such forums are for terrorists who are a threat to the people of america type of thing. I 'm thinking one day that there will be regulations against any site that might be considered " too informative".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join