It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not only a newbie to ATS, but to reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hi everyone. I am a newbie. I am recently "awakened." I of course, like any free-thinking person, had my objections to vaccinations, unnecessary pharmaceuticals, and so on. However, I had no clue how intricate the web is. Prior to just a couple months ago if you had asked me about the NWO, I would have said "the new world what???" If you would have told me that 9/11 was completely orchestrated by our own government I would have told you that was an outrageous and irresponsible accusation.

Oh, how fast I'm falling down the rabbit hole!

Does anyone else recall what it felt like the first time they decided to wake up from this self-induced slumber? All I can say is "Only the unknown frightens men. But once a man has faced the unknown, that terror becomes the known."

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PolarityHorizon

Welcome to ATS Polarity!

Go check out ATSnews.com for some hard hitting original material.

Glad to see you woke up from the sheeple phase. Picked a good time too! Beginning of November people are going to start FREAKING out about the economy.

Also, I dont remember when I woke up, I do know that ATS has taught me more than school ever has.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
ah fresh meat! ha jk, well let me "push" you down a bit further, those government officials, their reptilians. accept it, deny it, we are in the middle of something big. just a bit of a push, you'll realize it soon enough

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Uh, watch yourself.

Just don't let your brains fall out...

Welcome nonetheless polarity.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
ah fresh meat! ha jk, well let me "push" you down a bit further, those government officials, their reptilians. accept it, deny it, we are in the middle of something big. just a bit of a push, you'll realize it soon enough

Did you know they are in kahoots with Dragonflies?!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Unfortunately the one thing you can not do is the one thing I pray for everyday....Go back!
Once you start down the path of enlightenment you can never go back to the way things were. Kind of like losing your virginity. You can never unknow a thing.

Which remionds me of a quote I always loved.

" You never relise how good your memory is untill you try to forget something".

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Oh, how fast I'm falling down the rabbit hole!

Well, you might run into DaveRabbit...
...just kidding!

Welcome aboard! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Peace & Love
The Scoobster

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
No offense, but you haven't woken up. You haven't liberated yourself from the mantle of "sheeple". You've just moved to a different herd of sheep.

The real illusion? There are no sheep. The same behavior patterns which allowed so many to be duped by the MSM and Government allow them to be duped by G. Noory, Alex Jones, David Icke, etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Funny, I don't recall the OP stating that he/she adhered to any of these peoples philosphies. I suppose I missed something.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
reply to post by Lasheic

Funny, I don't recall the OP stating that he/she adhered to any of these peoples philosphies. I suppose I missed something.

Funny, I don't recall stating that the OP adhered to any of those people's philosophies either. I wasn't making a statement on his specific behavior, but made a broad statement regarding a common behavior pattern that is common to ATS and the conspiracy community as a whole.

Now while I do admit to lumping the OP in with this broad trend, I based this categorization on a common correlation of rhetoric which accompanies this behavior, and displayed in those who frequently discuss topics such as "NWO", "9/11", "UFOs", etc.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic
No offense, but you haven't woken up. You haven't liberated yourself from the mantle of "sheeple". You've just moved to a different herd of sheep.

lol. I love ats sometimes. Whenever I get in a bad mood I always have ats to cheer me up. Keep on keeping on man.lol.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic

The real illusion? There are no sheep. The same behavior patterns which allowed so many to be duped by the MSM and Government allow them to be duped by G. Noory, Alex Jones, David Icke, etc.

Touche! And Well said Lasheic. I agree completely. I think that the "sheeple" are like slaves. Then there are those who think they have "broken free." However, they are still slaves to the situation, just in a different way. Still imprisoned by the need to find the truth, and still imprisoned by the fight, and their fear.

By the way, I do not think that "awakened" was too strong of a term for me to use. I do feel I have awakened. I didn't say that now I am fully liberated and so grateful for my new-found knowledge. But I do feel like I have finally opened my eyes to things that were right in front of me.

By the way, since this is an "introductions" forum, I might as well introduce myself as this is my first thread. I am a 24 year old writer (female) from Oregon. I'm glad to have joined this forum full of so many "truth-seekers." Now, what shall we do with this truth when we find it?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

We won't 'find' it, PH. When it find us, it shall have become irrelevant. "truth' becomes pretty useless when you are no longer living in lies.

Take the tinfoil hat off every now and then just to dust it off and resize it. Sometimes the head gets larger when 'knowledge' is inserted.

There's no crime in labeling yourself whatever you would like, and no inherent right in anyone else to argue about it.

It should make no difference to any of us if you wish to call yourself awake, asleep, semi-conscious, groggy, lucid or punch drunk.

The only reason I may need to point out your failings is when I get tired of examining my own.

Welcome aboard.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I see that you didn't catch on to my rhetorical question. The truth is inconsequential because we still find ourselves inert in it's presence.

Thanks for the hearty welcome. And feel free to poke at my downfalls. I am always ready for a good laugh.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Welcome.

It can be very daunting / exciting / confusing.

Just ride the wave. Don't beleive everything, but keep an open mind.

Follow your heart.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Welcome! This is the craziest (and best) place on the internet! I'm sure you will like it.

Here are three "universal rules" or tips that you may find useful.

1. Paradox - Don't try to understand it, accept it.
2. Humor - Its funny that we try to understand it all the time but its just not graspable by our conceptual mind.
3. Change - Nothing ever stays the same.

Good luck on your journey, and I'm looking forward to bump into you.

top topics

join