It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racketeering 101: Bailed Out Banks Threaten Systemic Collapse If Fed Discloses Information

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
WOW!! I am reading this and having flashbacks to John Titor!

Remember he said the war was started when the people revolted against the sham government and banksters and Russia nuked them to help save real Americans. Anything is possible at this point.

I hope they do collapse it. People need to take it all back. Call the bluff.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
Now for every one of you who are Pi$$ed off..Heres what you do.
If you have ANY holdings in these institutes walt right over there and close your accounts. Find a nice little small local branch bank and make sure they are not owned by a larger holding firm and use that bank. I pulled all of my business accounts and personal from Bank of America I use a small bank ,drive 1 mile further did my part. What are you going to do? Just sit here and be a key stroke warrior? Do something!

Absolutely!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So do it already, I am tired of hearing the "threats" to keep us in line. The bailouts were all a bunch of *snip* anyway. That was the first "threat" to keep us in line. Boo hoo if we don't get this money they sky will fall. Now it is boo hoo if you disclose our finances the sky will fall.

Now, why is that? So we don't "know" what a bunch of lying *snip* head crooks they are. But we already know, we just are not doing anything about it.

Like others have said, we will survive it, they won't. Other small local banks will start to take over a tittle at a time. It will take time, and things would be a huge mess for everyone, but we will move past it.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
OH ITS A GREAT DAY.

Old testament in the book of Habakkuk
Chapter 2 verse 6
WOE to him who increases what is not his. For how long? And makes himself rich with loans. WILL NOT YOUR CREDITORS RISE UP SUDDENLY, AND THOSE WHO COLLECT FROM YOU AWAKEN? INDEED YOU WILL BECOME PLUNDER FOR THEM.

PRAISE GOD (Yahweh) The Lord your God translates to Yahweh your Mighty Judge.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hmmm...a week of Civil Disobedience...nice start...

Just some out loud thinking here...

How about while doing that, every Community trade in Federal Reserve Notes for a Local Issue Currency...

If you will recall, States used to *Coin* their own Currencies...the Constitution allows for this...

Anything to stop "The Green-Back" in it's tracks...hell...Monopoly Money would work as a start...trade it/use it instead...what's the difference?!?

In doing this, we still carry on and the Banksters have no trade/gain in their game...

Only this time...interest would be unlawful...loan at face value for return of same...

If the borrower can't repay...an arrangement of equal value would be agreed upon between the two or the borrower would be cut-off till he was even...3 strikes and yer out...time to move on?

[edit on 8/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I feel a serious revolution coming on from the American people more and more as each day passes by, can you feel it? It would be nice if everything could be resolved without the need for a such a thing but it seems like our government just does not want to cooperate because they are against us or atleast most of them are. All I have to say is when it happens the TPTB better look out cause there are some pretty ticked off people out there.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If you wish to make a change then do what everyone else is talking about. Switch your bank from these big corps and go with the mom and pop ones. Also i hear the internet is a BUZZ with people talking about 9/11/09 and how everyone is going to be protesting on this day at 9am till 5pm for your timezone. So make your signs and get off your butt on 9/11/09 and make the world hear your voice! Please make it a peaceful protest but make it a firm one!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Dawn 09

Actually...I think this is what your referring to?

09.12.09 March on Washington
The Tea Party Movement Goes to Capitol Hill
912dc.org...

New Start Time for the March on DC
912dc.org...

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are moving the actual start time for the March down Pennsylvania Ave. to 11:30am on 9-12. We just worked this out with the DC Metro Police. This doesn’t change things much, and just gives you all more time to gather and get organized before the March begins.

At Freedom Plaza, we will have speakers and music starting around 9:00am, which is the same time we originally planned to gather. Folks that don’t want to participate in the March, or can’t because of health conditions are encouraged to head down to the West Lawn of the Capitol building and wait for the marchers there.

As far as getting to Freedom Plaza, your best bet is to take the Metro to Federal Triangle, McPherson Square or Metro Center. Bus access to this area may be limited, so check out our guidelines for buses coming into the city.

Here are some speakers for the Freedom Plaza gathering:

Andrew Moylan, National Taxpayers Union
Hi Caliber, Mr. Conservative (music)
Charles Lollar, Maryland
Nic Lott, Mississippi
Diana Reimer, Pennsylvania Tea Party Patriots
Phillip Dennis, Dallas Tea Party Patriots
Tom Gaitens, Florida
Debbie Dooley, Georgia
Matt Kibbe, FreedomWorks

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
As I sit here reading these posts I am noticing that the only seemingly agreed upon idea is to switch from the big banks to the mom and pop run banks. While this is a wonderful start, I believe it goes much further then just that.
Switch you accounts by all means, that is a great start. But take it to the next level beyond that as well. Shop at the mom and pop stores, if you must go out to eat, eat at the mom and pop shops also. If there is a skill that you have that can be offered to help someone out, offer it up.
For example, I am EXTREAMLY handy with a sewing needle to the point where I do not have to go to some store to buy my clothing, I can (and do) make my own. I would be willing to do this for those around me as well for the cost of time if they had materials to provide. Even if they didn't have their own materials, it really wouldn't cost much more for me to go out and obtain those materials to work with. This is just one of many examples.
Once apon a time we (the people of our once great nation) lived in societies where people helped each other out. They traded goods and services for goods and services. We didn't need the government to regulate any of that for us, because a little honesty and hard work goes a long ways. So why do we need them to tell us what to do and how to do it now?... We don't.
If you see someone on the streets that looks as though they need a hand, offer them one. That kindness and helpful spirit that our government has done so well to all but squash could very well be the start to rising above their BS and taking back our rights to live and let live.
Stand up for your rights, stand up for those who have no voice of thier own. Don't let "them" squash you out or you are allowing them to win this battle before it has really (and I mean REALLY) gotten started.
Don't be afraid to be free, don't be afraid to be you. Take a stand people, you are all totally worth it. All you have to do it believe in yourselves, not back down, and don't be afraid to get your hands dirty once in a while.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Actually thank you for the info on this march on 9/12/09 but that of which i was speaking was 9/11/09 ROCK THE PLANET. youtube ROCK THE PLANET to see what protest i am speaking of. This one is going to be WORLDWIDE not just DC and everyone can join in from your own hometown so no need to try to go anywere to be heard just go out to the busy part of your town and hold your signs up high for the world to see.
Also i agree with psychekitty on the goods for services program. We dont need fiat money to live we can barter for goods and services.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I can't wait to find out what they (the banks, the fed) are terrified of what could be uncovered. My guess is that if we do audit he banks, someone will figure out that the banks didn't lose that much money in mortgage crisis or something like that, and that the banks also got billions of dollars in TARP money, which they just sat on and hoarded, while our home values PLUMMETED...

You know, every day that goes by, every time I see articles like this, I feel less and less remorse about what I am about to do: walk away from my mortgage.

I did nothing wrong. I had perfect credit. I have a good job. I got a house I could afford, at a good interest rate rate. Unfortunately, I bought at the top of the market, and my house value has now PLUMMETED, because of all the bad loans that the banks gave out, plus the fact that the banks have done NOTHING with all the money they were given from TARP to help those of us who are losing values. They refuse to even talk to us until we skip payments, which i refuse to do, because that would lower my credit score.

So, every month, I try to call Bank of America to ask them for a loan modification. What do they do? They hang up on me. So, I go to them in person and ask for a modification. They say I can't, because I make too much money and I am under no financial hardship. (Evidently, they don't think it's a hardship that my house is now worth about half of what I paid for it 4 years ago!! Sorry, but I consider that a hardship!!)

Well, finally, I asked myself.....do I really give a crap what my credit score is? All my life, I've worked hard to keep a good credit score...why??? So I can....GET SCREWED BY THE BANKS?!?! No.

So, fine. They can have my excellent FICO score. They can have my house. I refuse to play this stupid game anymore!!!

I'll be damned if I'm ever giving any bank another red cent of my hard earned money. They can take my mortgage and blow it out their.....ears.....because I'm not playing this game anymore. EVER. I would rather rent for the rest of my life than ever give the banks another penny of my money.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Apparently the threat was successful, as the Judge granted the stay

Judge Grants Stay In Bloomberg/Fed FOIA Case

Last update: 8/28/2009 5:19:42 PM
(MORE TO FOLLOW)

Dow Jones NewswiresAugust 28, 2009 17:19 ET (21:19 GMT)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

You my friend have just set the presidence for all others to follow! bravo and you will get alot of people following suit! I dare say we shall see an increase of renters in the near future and banks left holding alot of empty homes that they will not be able to sell. Star for your bravery and finnaly standing up for yourself!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Great...guess this confirms they're all on the take and we'll have to "Take care of Business" ourselves...
...bet we'll see "The Dog ate my homework" soon enough...

Judge Grants Stay Delaying Release Of Fed Info To Bloomberg
www.easybourse.com...

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES - A U.S. district judge in New York City granted a stay that allows the Federal Reserve to delay the release to Bloomberg LP of information about loans it made to banks in the wake of last year's financial meltdown.

The Fed filed for the stay Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, a common procedure for a losing litigant that wants more time to file an appeal. Earlier this week, U.S. District Judge Loretta Preska ruled that the Fed must provide Bloomberg by Aug. 31 information about emergency loans it made to banks during the financial crisis. Bloomberg filed for the documents under the Freedom of Information Act.

Federal Reserve lawyers had argued that the documents should be exempt from FOIA rules, because the information contained in them would hurt banks' public reputations and ability to compete.

In its filing for a stay, the Fed's lawyers argued it meets the criteria for being granted a stay, including a "likelihood that the moving party will be irreparably harmed absent a stay."

On Friday, the judge agreed, granting the stay pending the outcome of the emergency stay application in the Court of Appeals. The parties agreed that the Federal Reserve would file its notice of appeal by Sept. 30.

Representatives from the Fed weren't immediately available for further comment.

Well...at least this lines up with all the predictions...Sept 30th...great... :shk:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Congratulations to you for breaking free of the mold!! It's awesome to see that more and more people are starting to come around and see what it truly going on in this shell of reality they built for us.
So long as there are people like you who are willing to take a stand and say "enough is enough" then we have a chance at winning this battle. If I could give you a star I would but I'm a little to new yet...
Keep up the good work, don't let them bully you and try to run your life for you. Congrats again, I hope more people start working up the courage to follow your great example!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
BTW: Here's the 47 Pg Stay motion filed by the Fed...

The FED Dances as Rome Burns
www.nolanchart.com...

(PDF)
www.freedomride.us...

And a related article...

THE FEDERAL RESERVE MUST DIE
www.nolanchart.com...

"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value ---- zero." Voltaire

"The Federal Reserve in collaboration with the giant banks has created the greatest financial crisis the world has ever seen. The foolish notion that unlimited amounts of money and credit created out of thin air can provide sustainable economic growth has delivered this crisis to us. Instead of economic growth and stable prices, (The Fed) has given us a system of government and finance that now threatens the world financial and political institutions. Pursuing the same policy of excessive spending, debt expansion and monetary inflation can only compound the problems that prevent the required corrections. Doubling the money supply didn't work, quadrupling it won't work either. Buying up the bad debt of privileged institutions and dumping worthless assets on the American people is morally wrong and economically futile."

- Representative from Texas Ron Paul questioning Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Withdraw NOW

If I had any I would. from these posts I see a glimmer of hope

Get RID of the MONEY CHANGERS

We all need their $$$$$$$ to buy beyond our current means BUT STOP now.

See if they can make their payments.... oops... they didn't and we will bail them out again if we don't do something NOW

If I were a "Money Changer" I would use this icon

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

You are so right ... The wealthy Liberal Elite are not spending money on crap. The want all these nice programs for their looser constituents at the expense of the middle class. I love the idea of working 84 hours a week just to give it to some teen age mother that screwed up her own life and will continue to repeat the process.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

i agree with you 100%....however...doing this NOW does threaten america. this should be done when they are healthy, enacted over a period of time. the dollar collapse, combined with the cashing in of our treasuries would be catastophic. we are AT THIS TIME over a barrel, so i'm going to hold my nose and go along with the banks...HOWEVER...we need to do this in the future, so this does not happen again....i for one, along with many others that have worked all their lives, who saved and paid off our debts, and have a little money in the bank for retirement, don't want to lose what little is left. mad?...H*ll YEAH I'M MAD!!! but this is the wrong time.

if this happens... run, don't walk, down to your institution and put as much as you can in gold...because things will get nasty.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Do you honestly think they are going to stop there? You honestly think they will leave your money that you have in the bank alone? Have you learned nothing from all of this? They have taken others retirement money straight out of the bank and tell you they have you over a barrel and you belive them after all these lies? WOW! You really are still stuck inside the box and im sorry that you "belive" you will get to keep what little you have left.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join