It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalization of SOME immigrants is imminant right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I did some light digging around, and the number of illegals in this country is just too enourmous too enourmous, for Obama to straight up deport them back to their country.

Do you guys also share this opinion? There are a small number of illegals that pay taxes believe it or not. They can apply for a taxpayers ID and do it like citizens. Just a little fact.

Anyways if you do think that the legalization of SOME illegals is imminant, please share what you believe will be some requirements, such as the one mentioned above. Also, please say when/ what year you think this is likely to happen, considering the shape the US is in. Thank you

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I don't think it matters if we even try to deport them, they'll just come back.

I know of quite a few illegals, and heck myself as a canadian, was an illegal for some 13 years or so, not quite sure. Didn't find out till I went to canada and tried to come back, and well hell broke loose. On plane, I was just a kid. They let me go though believe it or not.

They won't leave go anywhere.

I know we're all really immigrants, but we eventually stop the immigration.

If I had to assume, lol, i'd think that in obamas third year, he'll make something about it, all the sympathizers will rush for amnesty, and even if he fails, he'll get a ton of votes during the second term election.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

You said
"There are a small number of illegals that pay taxes believe it or not. They can apply for a taxpayers ID and do it like citizens. Just a little fact. "

The truth is my wife who is from Scotland came to the USA we fell in love and all that then (i found out it does not matter that we are married they can still deport her) we filed the paperwork (still pending) paid a ton of $$$$ and she filed the permission to work form after a few months they said yes she got a temp SS# and now pays taxes because she works.

Is she illegal? Well no and yes DHS some say she is a applicant some say a alien over stayed as well as a few other things but when we went to our 1st interview the lady told us she is an illegal alien.

We know she came here and is still here "legally" she did not sneak in and the paperwork was filed before her exit date. So is she illegal?

And to get the chance to work you must have DHS 's permission and must be here legally but even then you can not do it like citizens .

And there is no taxpayer ID there is only a ITIN number and a permission to work temp SS# ID card.

Just clearing up the fact that not all "illegal aliens" are in fact illegal aliens.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

he'll make something about it, all the sympathizers will rush for amnesty, and even if he fails, he'll get a ton of votes during the second term election.

Buying votes, that's what it's all about.

Doesn't matter though. Once the economy collapses we'll need people that can do something besides occupy a cubicle or give a powerpoint presentation. I think most illegals will be fine after things go to hell. It's the ones who have been here their entire lives that will have to learn to make due.

top topics

join