It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC turns to social sites to get flu message out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

ATLANTA (Reuters) - U.S. health authorities are turning to social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter in a bid to prepare people to be vaccinated against the pandemic H1N1 virus.

linkywinkywoo

I'm not huge thread starter but I thought this was realavent. It seems TPTB are going to target their propaganda to the social retards amoungst the population.
What better way to get the word out than 'Facebook' or 'Myspace'. People are sure to buy into it if it is the cool hip thing to do.

Before you know it Ashton Kutcher will be Twittering about how cool it is.

LOL. This is going to be one hell of a ride.

P.S. Before anyone gets their panties twisted and their widdle Feewings hurt, I too am ashamed to say, have a myspace account, so I will share in being a social retard.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Jesus H Christ]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The breadth and scope of the Govt/Media/Pharma's hype/propaganda has been simply astonding to me. The fear they are trying to instill in the public has actually been eye opening to a lot of my friends/family whom always thought myself a bit crazy. I know many people's BS meter is starting to ramp up.

I have a feeling this campaign may blow up in TPTB's faces! More and more people seem to be, intuitively, waking up.

Will it be too late . . . ? Not as long as TPTB keep fear-mongering on a subject most can see (feel) is nothing but hype.

Our thoughts determine our character and reality . . . maybe the collective will call BS when the gestapo start to march?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

In my own little way I hope to help the cause. I will advise against getting the Swine flu Vaccination on my 'My Space' account. If EVERYONE did this it sure would help spread awareness. at the expence of making you look like a fruitcake to all of your friends.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Between nonstop attempts to acquire the public trust, and threatening them with quarantines, fines or maybe imprisonment for refusing the vaccines, most people are backed into a corner.

Uncertainty and fear; that's what is being spread faster than the damn flu.

Hype people up, prepare them, indoctrinate 'em and innoculate 'em.

I also don't understand... maybe someone can explain this to me... if this is such as big deal - and people have already fallen victim to the s.f. - why are they not dishing out vaccines right now?

Why does it seem like they're aiming to - build fear, cause a panic, and then dish out all vaccines at once...?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by orderedchaos

I also don't understand... maybe someone can explain this to me... if this is such as big deal - and people have already fallen victim to the s.f. - why are they not dishing out vaccines right now?

Why does it seem like they're aiming to - build fear, cause a panic, and then dish out all vaccines at once...?

I believe I may be able to answer that my friend.
I think that we need to have ALOT of people die first, in order to scare the # out of the rest of us enough to fall in line and accept this vaccine.
Think about it. If a few hundred thousand people are allowed to die first, wouldn't you think twice?

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Jesus H Christ]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I don't even think a lot of people have to die . . . in fact, they won't. But the CDC will pump out statistics they say people are. Just like their annual "36000 die each year from influenza" . . . this is not acurate at all. The CDC counts things like dying from bacterial pnemonia in their figures because so little (around 2500) actually die each year from actual influenza.

If there is no threat of health emergencies, there really is no reason for a bureacracy like the CDC to exist!

All it will take to frighten the sheeple is a few well edited clips of full emergency rooms on the nightly news . . . then the Pharma Stimulus package can take effect and the conditions that develop from the toxic vaccine (used on 600 million people) will keep them in business for a long time.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Believe it or not my wifes sister who works for a Doctors office is required to get the vaccine in order to keep her job.
My wife who is a R.N. said today that her supervisor told her that vaccines will be coming soon and are as of right now voluntary but are likely to be mandatory soon.

She is scared because as of six months ago she didn't even know what swine flu was when I told her about what was coming. She is standing in awe of me like I am some sort of modern day prophet or something. I keep telling her what is coming and she is now finally waking up enough to see that I might not be crazy.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
I keep telling her what is coming and she is now finally waking up enough to see that I might not be crazy.

My favorite question from my friends now is "How did you know?"

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ, the modern day prophet...

- sorry, I had to point out the funny.

You're probably right about the numbers, although unfortunately, as much as I want solomons to be right, that the CDC will fudge the numbers, seeing as not many people have died as of yet (at least ones that weren't misdiagnosed as having s.f. and really has pneumonia)

but then I think of how this virus is predicted to 'mutate' beyond anything we've ever known.

Mutate - IE, they'll be dumping a stronger, deadlier version into the wind to fulfill their incredible, insightful, terrifying prediction.
Least that's how I see it.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If you take a look at the Wikipedia article on 1918 Pandemic, there is not one little bit of mention that the original pandemic was caused by innoculations of WWI troops. Wikipedia describes the "virus" as being a cytokine storm (extreme immune reaction) and states that it was originally "misdiagnosed" as dengue, cholera, or typhoid. Dengue cholera & typhoid were among the diseases inoculated against. Doctors didn't know what they were doing back then or were working for the Germans. The criminal medical industry covered its tracks with this swine flu nonsense. This is a COVER UP. The medical industry has always had a big investment in their vaccines. In 1976 a book pointing out the vaccination origins of the 1918 plague trying to prevent a mandatory vaccination was banned by the post office. Even now Wikipedia bans Whale.to as a source of information. See www.whale.to... for a real look at the swine flu pandemic Our govt is going to a lot of trouble to convince us to take these WMD shots. They made a similar attempt in 1976 and realized that they didn't have the infrastructure to carry it out. Now they have the martial law edicts and Fema camps and rail cars all ready to go and the police properly brutalized by DHS training to not blink at killing.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

Well said.

I look at my situation as a microcosm of the situation we will all be in soon. My wife is thoroughly freaked out now because my fortune telling sessions/conspiracy rants are now coming to fruition. She has a choice now but soon she won't...if she wants to keep her job.

In a time where jobs are impossible to come by you can see why she would be hesitant to give up a perfectly good 70k a year job just to avoid a shot. So, what will probably happen in the end is she will get the shot
and go on with life, however short that may be.

I am on the fence as to what to do myself. If I don't get it I am sure to be "quarrantined" in on of the many "FEMA Disaster Relocation Centers" for the "Protection" of the public.

If I don't take it I will die which, in this current global climate I have to say sounds pretty appealing given what I know is on the other side waiting for me.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
once again####them all

2nd line

new topics

top topics

join