It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father's Letter Justifying Murdering His Kids (full text)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

This is a soul-chilling look into the mind of a lunatic.

The man is totally convinced that he was right to kill his children.

This is yet another example of people becoming unbalanced and crazy in what they see as service to God. What happened to "Thou shalt not kill"?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

There is an interesting comment in the comments section below the article in The Canton Repository This is the same link as the OP, just scroll down to the comment from "Seabee Tim"
The comment has a name attached as its supposed writer, but I'm going to leave that off...this type of anonymous comment has scant evidentiary value, but, for whatever it may be worth (which is only, it's suggestive), here's some from that comment:

I like how so few people have commented on the letter itself, as to deny Mammone III the attention he seeks. I will comment here, however, because I knew Jim rather well through the '90's - unfortunately.
Having come from a broken home himself, Jim is setting the stage for his insanity plea...

Jim was proof that people can come from a broken home and make a good life for themselves. I remember first meeting Marcia and thinking how far out of his league she was. Marcia is beautiful, Jim is not. Marcia is sweet, Jim is strange. Yet Marcia married Jim and gave him a family. Jim has no one to blame but himself and his love of alcohol, narcotics and hallucinogens for losing his family. Funny how he didn't mention that in his 'Godly' letter ...

Through a bit of honor, some courage and a commitment to his children, Jim could have worked towards making a good life for Macy and James IV despite his differences with Marcia, and through his own experiences of a broken home. Instead he took a knife to their throats as they slept.
James Mammone III is a coward and a fraud. He did not deserve Marcia nor the children she gave him, and they most certainly did not deserve him. God has an answer for James Mammone III.

Hmmm...

[edit on 28-8-2009 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The guy IS Crazy and He is using the religion as an Excuse...

But... he's Crazy for a reason

Our society is utterly TWISTED, it's perfectly legal for a woman to just take a mans children, go where ever she wants with them, enslave the man in payments, torture the children with separation from a parent, make the guys support two households, the kids very are often damaged, exposed to crime, molestation.

she can just move in another guy as quick as she wants... the kids get to listen to him screw mom through the walls, there is no biological reason for him not to screw your daughter if you have one, the kids will likely go latch key if she stays single... again a parade of men... and DAD might get no time at all to even look out for them...

If employed and she moves, and he is handed payments... he will almost never see them...

THIS

Is why he killed them, However the NUT want's to rationalize it...

It's the single most difficult thing you can endure in life... Imagine, someone...anyone even a spouse steals kids

Many of us know this feeling

It's not so hard to understand why he LOST HIS MIND

If he had real religion, he'd learn how to love and forgive...

We have system that says personal "Romantic Love" is more important than raising children... We expect and are told to expect that addictive first year...to last forever and when of course it CAN'T the relationship isn't encouraged by shrinks and media to evolve into a normal adult partnership and friendship...we are, and this guy IS right, we are taught to go self indulge a NEW ADDICTION, not act like grown men and women

No child should ever be separated from a parent unless the child was in danger... the other parent is physically or sexually abusive TO THE CHILD, Mom and Dads issues are their own...

The system, it's a nightmare, it's slow and biased and pathetic

Don't get me wrong...

He's a sick lil monkey

But he sounds rational because mostly he's right

He should Never nor the kids have to face this kind of nonsense for virtually any reason...

NOT saying she should have had to stay with him... this isn't the 13th century either...

But I GUARANTEE that if MEN did not face eminent loss of children 90% of the time, that if EQUAL time and fair distance was LAW from day 1, where children are involved.... Half of women would not go floozey and would WORK to make relationships work and the divorce rate would fall 50% from where it is now.

and

That domestic violence rates would also fall 50% at least, that men would not seek so desperately to control the outcome and resort to force to try and keep them when they did want to leave... and that this...would virtually never happen...

50% split Mandatory between parents from DAY 1

There is no financial reward for a woman to break up...

There is no reason for the man to try and make her stay

The Kids don't suffer TRAUMA

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

But I GUARANTEE that if MEN did not face eminent loss of children 90% of the time, that if EQUAL time and fair distance was LAW from day 1, where children are involved.... Half of women would not go floozey and would WORK to make relationships work and the divorce rate would fall 50% from where it is now.

and

That domestic violence rates would also fall 50% at least, that men would not seek so desperately to control the outcome and resort to force to try and keep them when they did want to leave... and that this...would virtually never happen...

50% split Mandatory between parents from DAY 1

There is no financial reward for a woman to break up...

There is no reason for the man to try and make her stay

The Kids don't suffer TRAUMA

What the hell are you on? This has nothing to do with religion, that is just an excuse. This is about a male ego who cannot stand being thwarted. Your rationale is flawed. Some men are stopped from seeing their kids much for this very reason, that the man is mentally unstable and should not be allowed near them. I agree splits should be 50/50 on finances, but where the man is so obviously controlling and mental, why would you believe that he should ever be left alone with the children for even a minute. And you think that domestic violence is caused by women and the possibility of divorce? Maybe, well no maybe about it, it is caused by males that canot control themselves so push that control out onto the world, who cannot be disagreed with, who need to be 'the boss' because of their insecurity and frailty. It has nothing to do with the predicted outcome of any possible divorce, it is about control. And if you think it is so easy for women who divorce then you are living in some hurt little bubble. Kids having to live in a family where the parents are at war are harmed irrevocably. Fine, you may have got your way, but it is not the kids welfare you are thinking of but your own. And too often in these cases the children are seen as the males property to do with as they please. About time some realised that parents are the guardians of souls who really have little to do with the parents. Familiarity of course creates huge bonds, but they are seperate and independent souls...not anyone's property. And he left his wife alive because above all this was the most spiteful act of revenge. It happens in a lot of these cases. The children are killed by their own father's in order to get back at the wife for not doing what he wanted.
I hope he gets what he deserves.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Wow! This guy is completely insane. So here we have another nut job using God as the reason for murder. I just dont get people who use God and their religion as an excuse. So if he believes in the bible which he obviously does then he must have missed where he will go to hell for murder! This guy needs to get the chair for what he did. He KNEW what he was doing and then wrote a letter trying to justify it.
His kids probably would have been fine. Almost everyone I know has divorced parents and they are perfectly fine! Just because people get divorced it doesnt mean you will automatically be screwed up! This guy is NUTS.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Written by Shane Hoover in The Canton Repository, this article, Mammone in letter: Killing his children was 'the most merciful thing', which is basically a précis of the letter's contents, contains the following additional information.

...Authorities say Mammone fatally stabbed 5-year-old Macy Mammone and 3-year-old James Mammone IV. Police found them strapped into child-safety seats in the car Mammone was driving.
Mammone's former mother-in-law, Margaret Eakin, 57, was shot to death ...

In addition to the murders, Mammone is charged with breaking into the Canton Township home of his ex-wife and trying to set fire to a truck parked outside.
The letter mentions nothing about those allegations ...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Here, also, is a link to a gallery of photos related to this story.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Looks like his 'American Dream' didn't work out very well ...

What's it gonna take for the rest of us to stop drinking the 'cool aid' ?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
To the person defending this guy: This guy obviously was a danger, and proved it. He shouldn't have had access to his children. Claiming he would not have killed them if he'd not been being put in the spot of being separated from them because he is a danger is illogical.

This guy isn't insane. He's manipulative, and doens't believe a word of what he wrote.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why is there not a fastlane to the chair or chamber for people like this? I fail to see what good would come from keeping people like this alive. Death is probably to good for him though.

I feel for the kids.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
Sounds eerily rational,well thought out,devoid of regret,mind boggling.

Yes, very weird...

Eerily rational and devoid of regret, but he seems to have emotions. He just doesn't fit the 'cold and calculating' type you'd expect.

I find there's something very disturbing about the appearance that he carried out these murders without being detached. It's like he doesn't fit the text books.... very odd.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This guy is the text book. You couldn't possibly be more Narcisstic Sociopathological if you tried.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This reminds me of a time when I was a little kid and our babysitter's rabbit had babies. All the kids went out one day to look at them and we were shocked to see that she was in the process of killing them. Obviously we were traumatized. The babysitter tried to explain to us that the mother was trying to protect her young but didn't know how.

But this guy is obviously a whack-job. What a chilling letter.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Nut case....as apparently are those who think he has a valid point.

:shk:

[edit on 2-9-2009 by loam]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join