It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father's Letter Justifying Murdering His Kids (full text)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This material is from a letter that James Mammone III evidently sent to a newspaper in Canton, Ohio,The Canton Repository.
Normally I would like to edit my excerpt and leave something to be linked to at the original site. In this case I really don't know where to cut the original so I'm going to post the whole thing. (Click the link anyways to see his photo, if you would like.)
Full text of James Mammone III's letter to The Repository

I am writing to set the record straight regarding any questions and misconceptions surrounding the motives and events concerning my deceased children Macy Mammone and James Mammone IV, as well as their grandmother Margaret Eakin.

The news media has accurately reported that I gave a taped confession to Canton police detectives in which I admitted to ending the mortal lives of the three aforementioned people. I would not do anything so drastic without owning up to it.

However, the police did not ask me what my motives were that prompted the killings, nor did I offer any such information to them.

In the absence of a factual motive for this tragic loss of life, the media has conjectured that I acted in vengeance against my wife, who sought to break apart our children's immediate family. It has been claimed in the media that my precious children lost their lives so their mother would be subject to extreme mental anguish.

I understand that through conjecture the media means to sell the public a villainous monster. However, the claims of my motive - regarding my children - are false and unfounded.

Beginning at 4 PM on Sunday, June 7th, I began 14 hours of continuously attempting to resolve the conflict between the children's mother and I regarding the unacceptable living situation that she and the Stark County Family Courts (specifically the "professional homewrecker" Judge Jim James) had placed our children into. My wife was unwilling to act to protect her children even though she knew I believed death was a viable solution. I did not wish for harm to come to my children, but I concluded there was no other way to ensure they were going to receive the proper spiritual care they had been promised.

After somberly taking my precious children's lives while they slept in the early morning hours of Monday, June 8th, only then did I become enraged.

Vexation overcame me, and I sought to make the family who had turned their backs on me, and my wife, who allowed the unthinkable to happen to our children, feel my pain.

Only one block from Westminster Community Church - the sacred grounds where I send my children back to their Creator - my mother-in-law was resting in her guest room. I drove to her home and entered it. I went upstairs and murdered her in a savage manner - then I fled her home. I went into shock. Eventually, I made arrangements to turn my children over to the police.

While my children were absolutely not killed out of revenge, my mother-in-law was. It was wrong of me to kill her and I am very sorry that I did. I was not in a proper state of mind when doing so.

To make matters worse, I called my wife and taunted her about the killings that transpired. That, of course, did hurt her.

Before starting our family, I made it abundantly clear to my wife that I would never accept our children growing up in a household where their biological parents were not both present, and lived as husband and wife. My wife agreed to my demands, she assured me we would be together forever - a claim that we swore to God we would uphold several years before when we spoke our Christian wedding vows.

I firmly believe that no good comes to children who are subjected to the divorce of their parents. Children who live in a broken home environment are often put under the supervision of persons who are not emotionally connected to the children in a manner that enables them to make the protection and well-being of said children their utmost priority. The needs of the child become secondary to the desires and ulterior motives of the charlatans to whom their care has been entrusted.

Sadly, many children's safety and innocence are compromised. More times than not, mistreated children develop pervasive psychological difficulties which may adversely affect all aspects of their lives; physical, mental and emotional problems stay with them through adulthood.

This was not going to happen to my children I pledged my life to God to protect from the harm of immorality.

We live in dangerous times where God's laws are perceived as being antiquated. Satan has been leading a costly war against family values for the past 50 years.

Divorce has become commonplace. Satan has been able to establish divorce as a norm of society; when our peers get divorced, they are unknowingly working as Satan's enablers of immorality. Many people who are convinced that they are good people, are being coerced by the kingdom of darkness into perpetuating the moral decay of our culture.

With divorce working as a post-modern plague, recent generations of our people have been exposed to - and embraced - a myriad of other sins as well.

Sin has taken a stranglehold on our governments and economies, our workplaces, our social and sexual habits, our perceptions of morality and propriety, the media, and the value we place on education.

Yes, I know, I stand on a very high soapbox for being a murderer.

I have always cared for my fellow Cantonians, and they are looking for answers as to why so much violence is cropping up in our proud community. I speak to this matter honestly, as it pertains to my specific, and how I view the world in general.

While I confess to being totally without just cause for needlessly murdering Margaret Eakin, I still feel as though I did the most merciful thing I could do for my children based upon the conditions of their environment, and the bleak outlook of the future they were to face.

If the public is outraged over the loss of my children's lives, then I beseech them not to let Macy and James die in vain!

Stop getting divorces!

Stop breaking up your childrens' homes!

Stop making vows to God that you aren't willing to keep!

Two wonderful, well-loved children are now gone from our community.

Are there two couples out there who are willing to say "enough is enough" and pledge to each other to solemnly uphold the traditional family values that make children thrive?

I hope so. The lives of my children were much too short, but their existence can still have a profound meaning.

I believe there is a lot of good in the world, and all of that good is bestowed upon us as blessings from God.

Far too many people have chosen to forsake their heavenly Father and embrace a lifestyle filled with sin and iniquity.

I demanded better for my children, and I am faithful that they are now under the supervision of the ultimate caregiver - God the Father.

For me, the only thing I have left in this world is God's promise of the next world.

One additional point I'd like to address is relative to the "smirking" mugshot photo of me when I was a blonde. That photo was taken on June 12, 2008 - one year prior to the June 8, 2009 killing. I assure you all, I looked considerably more melancholy the morning my children lost their lives. Why the older picture has been used I do not know, but I have been told much has been made of it!

I will close in thanking you for taking the time to gain a bit more insight into this most tragic of occurrences. Sincerely, James Mammone III.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I should mention that I did edit this slightly to remove spelling errors.

Other than that, I kind of don't know where to begin, to comment...

[edit on 27-8-2009 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sounds eerily rational,well thought out,devoid of regret,mind boggling.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hey, I like it, it makes perfect sense.

Having problems with your family, kill them, well that's a nasty word, allow them to be taken away and sent to your heavenly father. Aw much better.

I'm glad to see that our future einstein is in a much better place, resting with the lord.

----

I swear humans, are the only ones ever created, that look forward to dying.

Mind boggling.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
So it's better to murder your children than have them live in a family that has gone through a divorce? I know many friends who grew up in broken Christian homes and they made out just fine...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
wow... sounds oddly like a horror movie; a bad one at that. I grew up with divorce, I turned out just fine. I wouldn't change it for any amount of money.

wow

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
What I see in his words is a man whose ego ruled under the guise of religious servitude. He used his faith to justify his sovereign rule over his family. He claimed a deep spiritual connection to the children and chose to end their lives rather than to let them live with less of his influence than he deemed necessary to their proper development. He made a clearly excessive demand on his wife by making her swear to be with him forever. People change throughout their lives. If this man was on a path led by his ego, no other human could follow forever without essentially disappearing herself.

Poor deluded soul. I hope he understands that over time.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Arguing whether it's possible to grow up in a broken home, Christian or otherwise, is pointless.

It makes me sick to see people use their religion as the basis of horror.

If he were so worried about his kids, he should have sought custody.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Arguing whether it's possible to grow up in a broken home, Christian or otherwise, is pointless.

It makes me sick to see people use their religion as the basis of horror.

If he were so worried about his kids, he should have sought custody.

What better custody then that of the lord your god.

Truly a Christian reading this will look and see that the children are in heaven. But may speculate of whether the father will burn in hell or not. All in all, are the children not in a better place, has everything not turned out fine?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This is only the begining. Religions bad side will be seen again.....

When things get tough the faithfull commit murder for god.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
This is only the begining. Religions bad side will be seen again.....

When things get tough the faithfull commit murder for god.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Wertdagf]

It makes me glad though, that at least in christianity, they announce that suicide results in an immediate trip to hell.

I don't want everyone offing themselves, because times are tough

But I think that they should probably reinforce that murder, is ahem, one of the ten things god said not to do... in a fiery bush to a man by himself.

I really wonder what would've happened if he had been agnostic or atheist.

After some thought, I think he may of done the same thing, but his sincerity that they are in a better place, is the clincher, if he was unsure if they were going anywhere may of retarded his thinking of a definite afterlife.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wow. What a dangerous person. I wonder if his wife knew just how absolutely crazy he is. It is interesting how he justifies shedding innocent blood. Somehow in his mind divorce is a much bigger sin than murder. I feel so bad for his wife.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

What better custody then that of the lord your god.

Truly a Christian reading this will look and see that the children are in heaven. But may speculate of whether the father will burn in hell or not. All in all, are the children not in a better place, has everything not turned out fine?

I cannot even wrap my mind around such sentiments. It would be impossible for you and I to discuss this; we come from different worlds.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Right now he would have to burn in Hell (in my reading of the tradition) because he can't yet be forgiven, because he won't admit that he's done wrong (in the case of the kids at least). He's sorry he had to do it, like a bank robber is sorry he got caught, but he still thinks killing the kids was justified like the bankrobber thinks robbing banks is a good job.
He can't be forgiven for killing the kids because he does not yet have remorse because he fails to face up to the wrong he did in killing the kids...if he doesn't acknowledge his error he can't repent and so can't be forgiven (This is all strictly from listening to Dr. Laura on forgiving interpersonally, mind you)
...he's trying to maintain it's everyone else's fault when as a Christian I believe he should have said "NOT MY WILL BUT THINE BE DONE O LORD" or words to that effect...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
They kill their children. Then they beg the courts for mercy.

They take their children's lives. Then they fight like mad for their own lives and liberty

And the strange thing is, they don't see anything wrong with that

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Have to say, if my mother had seen his face, she would have warned, 'Keep away from that one. Cruel mouth, ape-man jaw and look at those eyes ! Keep away from him! Danger .. danger ! There's something badly wrong with him '

She wasn't often wrong, either

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Any peice of human garbage that rationalizes murdering his children, his mother in law and his wife with religious piety is, in my opinion, not only a monster but a hipocrite as well.
I for one am glad that this trash will be removed from the gene pool.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I hate people like that that give christians a bad name. He is right about the family court stuff, but funny thing is he quoted almost word for word from a family rights site that I frequent. I'm sorry there is never an excuse for killing your child no matter the hell the family courts are putting them through at the time.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jameslewin

His wife was not attacked, seems like she still lives...
This of course doesn't affect your point, I just wanted to avoid confusion.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Quite right,my mistake.
I would just like to point out also that it seems like alot of people in the world today justify outright slaughter in the name of one god or another.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join