It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock market up/Please Obama extend your vacation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Basically, with no real good news the US equity markets are up. Obama and the US congress are on vacation.

Here's a good and positive recommendation, take another month off! You turd stains are not helping America, you are bringing it down. Take a 6 month vacation, maybe this country can get back on it's feet again.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Are you kidding me????

Obama has had a stock market rally for 6 MONTHS after fixing the bush fiasco.

you should really do like 2 seconds of research before you post trash.
Like lets take a look at the 6 month down jones... hmm unless this is upside down Obama has been making one of the best stock market rallies in history

P.S. If you had half a brain you wouldnt have posted this in the UFO forum genius

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I dont like Obama, but the stock market rally has nothing to do with his vacation. In reality the stock market rally doesnt necessarily mean good news to main street, usually Wall Street profits from it. Have you noticed the past year when the market is up the dollar is usually down? That isnt good. Dont treat the market as guage on how the economy is.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

Thanks for your reply. That's not the way I see it. I guess I am just in another world like the people who run this country.

My cats are here now begging now for a piece of my chicken breast.

Rasta is 20, Lookie is 15. Take care. Best wishes.

[Mod Edit - replace quote with Reply To tab]

[edit on 28/8/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006
I dont like Obama, but the stock market rally has nothing to do with his vacation. In reality the stock market rally doesnt necessarily mean good news to main street, usually Wall Street profits from it. Have you noticed the past year when the market is up the dollar is usually down? That isnt good. Dont treat the market as guage on how the economy is.

I guess you won't really know who a real "Doomsday" player is until the dust has settled.

Honestly, I don't think Obama is, Putin thinks he is. These people are playing for everything, all chips in the center.

Listening note. LMH is on c2c with Noory tonight. She brings it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Honestly, who am I? I pop in and out of this site between doing net searches and playing poker at Poker Stars.

To drop names, Lord forgive me, G. Noory knows my complete bio, and Gheller knows who I am.

If I told you (and I am not) that stick figure ETs would be the rage in 2010 you could tattoo it on your forearm.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by son of total newbie]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

You are correct, the stock market goes up and down everyday.
Regardless of what is happening.
Sure there is times its down more than up, or up more than down.
But everyday it goes up and down, it is not a gauge of anything.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I wonder if the recent market rally was influenced by Obama's suggestion that Ben Bernanke stay on a chairman of the FED. Whatever you think of Bernanke, having him step down would bring uncertainty to the market which may temporarily scare off potential investors. Having him stay on would inversely bring familiarity with his positions and policies. This reassurance of continuation could well trigger a surge of investment as those who previously held off, now invest.

The president doesn't control the economy. Nobody does. Though the presidents actions can influence market trends.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by son of total newbie

To drop names, Lord forgive me, G. Noory knows my complete bio, and Gheller knows who I am.

Who cares who the hell you are? G. Noory knows your bio? Good for you... but arguments from authority (or claimed and unsubstantiated authority) are utterly worthless.

If I told you (and I am not) that stick figure ETs would be the rage in 2010 you could tattoo it on your forearm.

Just as I could tell you that if you want to be rich, keep an eye on genomic research and production firms in the next 5~10 years. I can tell you that in 10 years, Gene Therapy and designer medicine will revolutionize the healthcare industry every bit as profoundly as computers have revolutionized the insurance industry.

So what's your point?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
the rightwing made the mistake of proclaiming inevitable market doom under Obama (with his commie policies and arab middle name). No recognition of recovery, nothing for them to go back on. It was "if Obama was elected, the country would go into a long depression".

I said this multiple times over the last few months, once the economy recovers next year the grand ol' excuse will be that this was "just a cycle". Either that or depression "any time now". It will not change history, and under what president the recover occured under, and under what collapse it came about. Sure, we can attribute congress to this as well, but then again this is a majority lead Dem congress. The Dems aint perfect, but a recovery under them is hard to dismiss.

SG

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

Crw I agree with you there, the market isnt going to magically heal because the stocks rise one week. It is a pattern of these stocks moving up and down. However the markets have been recovering significantly. We are still in trouble in terms unemployement and housing but those are the next stages to recovery. Firstly, the markets must continue on their increases hopefully getting confidence in the business sector completely recovered.

The financial crises in 2008 was the worst one in decades. It didnt matter who was to become president, its ganna take longer than afew months for it to completely recover.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

What recovery? Sales still falling, un-employment is still rising. The FDIC is nearly broke, and more banks are closing. How is this recovery?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
What recovery? Sales still falling,

Because we all know that a recovery is when everything magically happens? Ofcourse sales are going up and down, actually consumer confidence increased by 2% last week but it wouldnt matter if it went down, its going to be some time before we see the fruits of a recovery. Thins are going to be depressive for time to come during the recovery period, its just really a matter of getting real and using common sense. For you to cite "sales falling" for one week does not dismiss a recovery because this recovery will not involve full fledged improvement. It takes a series of ups and downs for recovery to take full effect..

So really now, get real. This recovery will not happen over night, its going to drag on for months with a series of ups and downs.

top topics

join