It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
it appears that someone deleted their post idk. but anyways i would like an answer. if you can provide one.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You seem to have a very misguided understanding of evolution. I'll start with the original post and come back if the need arises.

...ill state that this is impossible because humans are the dominant species killing off multiple species and the ones that need to change would be the animals, but the animals arent evolving are they...

The problem here is humans are a relatively young species. I'm probably a bit off on this number, but homosapiens (us) have only existed for 200,000 years, whereas the planet has existed for approx. 4.5 million years. Animals came before us. We are the new kids on the block.

...they are not evolving one bit they remain in there origional forms...

In almost all cases, you won't have an animal evolve over the course of even 100 years. It takes a long time - emphasis on the long. There is, however, a case where scientists released a species of lizards/iguanas/something along those lines on a secluded island, came back 45 years later, and the animal had changed dramatically (it was still a lizard, but more suited for the island it was living on).

...science is inaccurate here it could be inaccurate in every other case too...

That's the beauty of science. When presented with new evidence, it adapts. If someone comes forward with groundbreaking, amazing, and most importantly verifiable evidence that completely refutes a theory (or even a law, but that's incredibly unlikely), the theory adapts to accept this new evidence. Imagine what the world would be like if every time someone made a discovery, people thought that entire field of science was wrong and threw it out the window. We'd still be burning whale oil for light.

I hope that clears up some things for 'ya. I'm no expert in evolution - by any stretch of the imagination - but if you U2U me I can probably answer some questions.

Cheers

[edit on 28-8-2009 by anonymouse876]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by make.changes

Well I’m not sure what you want answering, without some sort of context that post doesn’t really make much sense. Can you tell us what this other poster was saying?

Your points about humans introducing none native species doesn’t really have anything to do with evolution.

Your final comment that everything god has made is perfect isn’t true either. If that were the case how do you explain mass extinctions, natural changes in climate the adversely affect one or more species, harmful genetic mutations, etc?

The natural equilibrium you illustrate doesn’t exist. As shown by the above, population levels are constantly changing and dieing out, they still migrate around and this is the case even if you remove man or evolution from the picture.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymouse876

I believe the Universe is an estimated 15 billion years old and the Earth is 4.5 billion, not million. Not sure if you made a typo or a mistake. In either event the OPs statement is severely flawed. He's assuming that evolution doesn't exist by starting with a time when humans existed. That doesnt make any sense.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The hole in evolution you're reffering to is "the missing link." Science has not yet found the common anscestor shared by man and apes. So yes, the theory doen't explain everything perfectly. Evolution does however explain a great many things. For instance; species which mutate in an advantageous way continue to survive and reproduce spreading this advantageous gene. This has been proven. As for why or how these mutations take place, we simply cannot explain that. For our understanding of the subject is in a constant state of evolution as well. For you to believe that life was created 15,000 years ago according to Genesis is completely ludicrous. What are dinosaur fossils then? They're 60 million years old, but the world is only 15,000? Please explain this OP.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

"Science is from Satan." Are you serious? What would you have us be? God fearing retards that churn our own butter? You're entitled to your beliefs, but please present an adult thought on the topic. All you have done is state opinions heavily siding with Creationism. You have not however provided anything substantiating your claim other than "I believe" and "science is evil"

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So what difference does it make to anyone? Let's say that humans didnt evolve from apes or whatever. There is still an observable phenomenon worth studying that is mutation, natural selection and evolution. The goddies can go on believing their god did everything and the non-goddies can go on not believing some god did everything. What difference does it make in anyone's lives?

And let's say the whole creation myth goes away. Let's say our evolution has been plotted and tracked irrefutably from primordial ooze and all that. It still doesnt explain the the universe before the big bang or the universe before before the big bang. The goddies will attribute that to some god and the non-goddies will keep looking for the scientific answer.

What difference does it make in anyone's lives?

You're not going to end 'faith' with science and you're not going to end science with 'faith.'

Besides, all of this pop-science crap of late is little more than 'faith' mixed with politics anyway but that's a different thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

End faith? Who said anything about that? Im a Catholic. However I do not believe in the Old testaments version of creation. I believe in Christ and Im not looking to end faith. No one said anything like that.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
On my wonderous experiences with other life forms I will go by what they say:

The Human race is "EVOLVING" to slowly but they do have intelligence and this makes for a good study.

They say we are a stupid species

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Haha yeah, didn't catch that one. I have a bad habit of being off by one or two 0's

In all seriousness though, makes.changes, you need to do a little more research on evolution. Head to your local library and go to the science section for a bit. Although you still may not believe it, you'll at least have a better understanding of it. And knowing is half the battle! (GI Joe moment)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

science much like scientology was made up just to make people think that they knew about something they could never know without the faith which some athiests state is to hard to have; because they could never hold conviction for something that couldnt be proven except for the person that created the universe.
my belief is science is from satan directly contradicting gods rule to make sure that god wouldnt necessarily win. those who believe in science generally stop believing in god. and those who use faith interface is part of the devils back up plan to directly relate science and god to make sure that the devil at least partly wins.

in conclusion evolution doesnt exist and science is the by product of the devil trying to win the giant power struggle thats been here since the beginning.

Science much like Scientology??? what are you talking about? I find your post hard to read. I would recomend reading into some science and scientology just so you have an idea of what you are talking about. Saying that science and scientology are false is fine, you credibility is not helped in anyway when you say something like your knowledge comes from satan in the next line.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here is a good spot for my latest find.
I have nothing on evolution and perhaps no one does.
Living things were adapted at their moment of creation in one likelihood.

There was a reference in this thread to the discovery of America in
1492 perhaps. 400 years later in 1892 may have been scientific
discoveries by Tesla that we still do not know about.

But the American Indians discovered America and came from the Old World
before it was old.

See the ancient voyages before Columbus

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Still have not answered my questions.
They are non speculative and therefore should be the easiest to answer.
So have at it, or are you going to keep spouting the unsubstantiated dribble of an ignorant religious zealot?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

in relation to my opinion that they were both made up by some guy or guys, who didnt actually do anything but make things up just to make money or comfort people with false beliefs. but anyway god explains everything perfectly in the bible so we should take it as it is it hasnt been proved wrong once, but the church has been wrong many times .

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by make.changes
reply to post by zaiger

in relation to my opinion that they were both made up by some guy or guys, who didnt actually do anything but make things up just to make money or comfort people with false beliefs.

That sounds more like the church to me

Collection plate and tax breaks anyone?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

burning in hell for not doing the right thing doesnt sound comforting to me does it to you? wow it must because alls he really did was lay down 10 commandments for you to follow . but you wont and potentially i probably wont either but atleast ill try making a better world. not not cause more problems like science always does. plus the new disease popping up that didnt use to be here because of the way you lived. mainly stds from your horrible fornication habits,youd say they evolved id say god set the diseases up as your punishment for not doing the right thing whose is a lie and more comforting sciences is right? so why dont you explain how religion is wrong, and science is right without using your theories or facts based on theories. and also explain one part that has been inaccurate about the bible, you could just admit that it has all of the answers. but you wont do that...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Still ignoring the obvious in favor of bickering?
Blessed are the peacemakers.
I guess that was lost to you in your research.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by make.changes
reply to post by OzWeatherman

burning in hell for not doing the right thing doesnt sound comforting to me does it to you?

Well seeing as I dont believe hell exists, Im not uncofortable at all

wow it must because alls he really did was lay down 10 commandments for you to follow . but you wont and potentially i probably wont either but atleast ill try making a better world.

So you're saying that anyone not following religion is a bad person then? That pretty judgemental of someone that considers themselves "someone who is trying to make it a better world". How is criticising something you dont have the slightest clue about making the world a better place. All I see is religious persecution and a contribution to the growing ignorance of fundamentalist christians.

not not cause more problems like science always does.

No religion just causes wars

plus the new disease popping up that didnt use to be here because of the way you lived. mainly stds from your horrible fornication habits,youd say they evolved id say god set the diseases up as your punishment for not doing the right thing whose is a lie and more comforting sciences is right?

Nothing wrong with trying before you buy. I dont believe in god, therefore how can I be wrong?

so why dont you explain how religion is wrong, and science is right without using your theories or facts based on theories. and also explain one part that has been inaccurate about the bible, you could just admit that it has all of the answers. but you wont do that...

I dont think religion is wrong. Ive said that many a time on ATS (ask AshleyD, a mod who is religious). What I do have a problem with, is when people like yourself come on here acting like you a better than everyone because you are religious, and enforcing your beliefs on everyone else, making them out to be "horrible" people becuase they share different opinions and beliefs from yourself.

In case you havent noticed, the motto of ATS is deny ignorance.....something you have yet to do. If you want to bag out science, there is other websites where you can go, where there are more ignorant fundamentalists you can agree with, without being challenged.

And yes, the bible is wrong in my opinion...ive read it, and i dont like all the contradictions within it. Thats my opinion, you have a different one, which you're allowed to have.....if you dont like my opinion then you can just

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc

Are you a linguist?
Are you fluent in Latin, Germanic, Arabic, Hebrew, French?
Do you understand the associative of the time period with the common language paraphrasing and markers?
Do you understand the "lazy" dialects of each as they become assimilated into another culture, either though conquering or intermixing from trade?
Are you aware of the French influences, on much of the higher languages, and dialects?
Are you even aware that you are typing in the highest/newest form of Germanic, with French, and Latin influences, not to mention the other simple words that have been added along the way?
Are you aware of anything to do with the common societal structures of the time period, that the bible is referring to?
Have you mastered a thesis in symbolism, and interpretation of metaphor?
Have you ever even looked at the philosophies of the elder cultures, and applied them to your findings?

With the myriad of researchers that have been trying to do just those things, amongst a needle stack of other disciplines needed to be applied to the interpretation of the bible, it brings us great pleasure to see that a layman has discovered the answers that have eluded so many for so long.
Could you post your clarifications, references and research so that all of us may better understand your prodigal work of intellect?

[edit on 8/27/2009 by reticledc]

for number one, yes i have taken french, german, spanish, and yes latin, too.

Do you understand the associative of the time period with the common language paraphrasing and markers?

im assuming that your talking about the time period of the language,so here you go if your talking about how the way a letter sounds when said referring to the way a certain letter is spoken as if we were talking about past present or future in a sentence then yes somewhat i couldnt say that i knew it in every language perfectly but hey neither do you.

Do you understand the "lazy" dialects of each as they become assimilated into another culture, either though conquering or intermixing from trade?

wow seriously thats pretty dumb of you to ask because basically what your talking about is how everbody got horrible at speaking and talking because they stopped learning, much like how most americans are? and if you mean understand, yeah i can understand what an american is saying when they dont speak proper english, hmmm...

Are you aware of the French influences, on much of the higher languages, and dialects?

well are you aware that alot of the romances have a lot of words in common this is because of latin not french, hmmm.. why french why not latin buddy i mean seriously thats were all of the names of plants and animals come from right? i mean i could be wrong but i sure as hell no they are not french.

Are you even aware that you are typing in the highest/newest form of Germanic, with French, and Latin influences, not to mention the other simple words that have been added along the way? they teach this stuff in highschool were im at you especially learn that knowledge when you take multiple different languages, not seeeming so smart now huh...
and for being the highest germanic language with french and latin, id say you were wrong and that latin was the highest language except for in the beginning. IN THE BIBLE. LOL

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
And OP

Because you are a self proclaimed evolution expert

Try debunking this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join