It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the commercial that ABC, NBC won't air.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by mental modulator

You won't get any arguement from me on the topic of change. I realize that the industry in this country needs some work. I have always said so. But nothing has been said about tort reform. Nothing has been said about tax credits for medical issues.

If this were an honest debate about healthcare (and I mean in DC) then these issues would have been brought up.

The way I see it, this isn't about healthcare at all, it is about government takeover of an industry. THey just want to be in charge and screw the rest.

They could care less about the people in this country. They want what they want and nothing is going to get in their way.

Unfortunately, they have liberals such as yourself that believe what they are telling you.

Well, believe me, they are going to make things worse for you, for me, for everyone that isn't in the power aura of DC.

They are showing their hand too early (by trying to stop this commercial) in their attempt at a takeover of the capitalist market.

You should do a tort reform thread, it is a good point of discussion ( although you will find me no less liberal), you should do it, that is what we all need far more then this commercial.

You see the thing is you said "this isn't about healthcare at all", well I say???

To you it is not about healthcare... to you it is about taking over government. That is your main concern and you are projecting that idea to the construct of government. It seems protecting your ideas is more important than any of the implications of healthcare.

Do you get that?

You are assigning your ideas to the motives of others...

IF I was in office, my honest goal would be to address healthcare, but to you it would appear as if my goal is to expand government.

I think you have the liberal motive wrong... we usually really want to "help" people Mike. That does not mean that those efforts work, but you have heard the term "bleeding heart"?

On the other hand I am not convinced that a government take over of the operation of healthcare would work or be cost effective. However I do think imposing laws and consumer protections would solve many of my concerns.

Notice what I said about government take over? I am not convinced, In fact I could only imagine the horrors that would ensue when the next conservative president comes in.
I am convinced that president would purposely mismanage the program to
get rid of it. BECAUSE it violates his sense of politics....

I also think socializing that whole thing is going to far, just as I believe tort reform
is equivalent to standing by idly.

What is left is an industry that has made record profits and inflated prices.
Isn't such a fact contrary to the idea that things will be solved by the entities that are
ENJOYING such gains?

Why on Earth would Kaiser do anything to effect its profit model?

YOU answer this last question would ya?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

All I did was tell the truth. "Here's the comercial that ABC, NBC won't air."

What was misleading?

And after I saw the commercial, I thought what is the big deal?

Apparently, those that run ABC, NBC thought it was.

No it is true apparently,,,

My point was it was TITLED in such a way that the content did not match the GREAT TITLE

I was expecting much more that is all...

You should consider a career in marketing, along with many of you righties, you are very good with such thing IMO.

It was like seeing a hyperlink that says hot girl and being forwarded to a janky bar fly
with one eye.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

So, let me get this straight. The message is "to heck with those that can't afford health care! If they get health care it will mean less for us! We can't let the rabble take away what we legitimately get from the government already!"

Bah, Dr. Mengele would be proud.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Boycotting this ad only draws attention to it.

You have to understand that NBC and ABC try to "teach people how
to think."
Well, this ad does NOT fit their lesson plan.
In fact this ad checkmates their lesson plan.
Thank God the Left Wing Loons don't have a monopoly anymore.
Fox News is getting stronger everyday.
I hope Obama complains about Fox News every day.
It makes him look so weak.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Boycotting this ad only draws attention to it.

You have to understand that NBC and ABC try to "teach people how
to think."
Well, this ad does NOT fit their lesson plan.
In fact this ad checkmates their lesson plan.
Thank God the Left Wing Loons don't have a monopoly anymore.
Fox News is getting stronger everyday.
I hope Obama complains about Fox News every day.
It makes him look so weak.

ha ha ha, ha ,,, ha

The information this ad provides is common knowledge

My fricken dog knows this concept already...

+ FOX news seats presidents, which is also old news.

ITs like being stoked on entering a Pinto into and air show

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

It's called KISS.
Keep it simple, stupid.
I don't mean to call you stupid but that's the last S.
Watch the ad. It's the simple truth.
Look at the polling data.
Clearly, most Americans do NOT want the Public Option.
They don't want a Trojan Horse Bill either.
Throw this entire 1,000 page mess in the fireplace and start over.
Page 1: Tort Reform

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

It's called KISS.
Keep it simple, stupid.
I don't mean to call you stupid but that's the last S.
Watch the ad. It's the simple truth.
Look at the polling data.
Clearly, most Americans do NOT want the Public Option.
They don't want a Trojan Horse Bill either.
Throw this entire 1,000 page mess in the fireplace and start over.
Page 1: Tort Reform

For the record you can call me anything you like, this is a contentious issue.

I am just against dumbing down the public, as this has become a race towards
TBI.

Page 1 - goes in the trash via KISS

you really think the GOP is going to be able to sell a repeal of individual protections via punitive damages?

The commercial will be twice as easy and twice as dumb.

I can see the man with an arm surgically attached to his head now....

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
mm, here's the thread I started a while back on tort reform

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Just add them to the list of other parasites that need to removed from this great country on our upcoming house cleaning revolution. I feel that the major media outlets are guilty of lying to americans and serving the allmighty corporation. I can't wait to see them fall flat on their painted faces...grrrrr

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm surprised they won't air it, you'd think they'd just take the money and put it on. When you see all the adverts for dubious nutritional products, and other assorted nonsense, it always makes me think they have no standards.

The advert itself is pretty meh, rather vague and lacking in hard stats, just some fluffy quotes.

One thing that annoys me is the constant disinformation about the British and Canadian systems. Sure they have some flaws, but it's always edge cases being presented. Of course your best care is better than our worst, but overall, 9/10 British people are satisfied with their system.

www.inthenews.co.uk... atient-satisfaction-$1085847$1085847.htm

EDIT: ATS won't accept the link, try this one:

preview.tinyurl.com...

[edit on 28-8-2009 by dugganj83]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dugganj83

There lies the irony.

During the campaign, all networks played outlandish commercials at all times of the day and night.

NOW they make a distinction? Further more, ABC just finished a 30 minute program about healthcare, from the White House, with Obama. They refused to air disenting views that time as well.

The gloves have come off on bias here in the states. They don't even pretend to be unbiased anymore.

-pathetic-

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by John Matrix
I have faith in the good ole US of A. I think it can be improved upon and made into a good system.

You crack me up man!

In a good way I hope!

The video is fear mongering and contains misinformation.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well, we don't live in a republic anymore. We live in a fascist country. All the big media outlets are in bed with the administration and the administration runs the show.

Government is the biggest US Corportation we have. It's business, make money, protect the elite, make the rest of us believe that our views matter.

They don't.

Look at their silly new thing...TeddyCare! The public outcry actually started to make a difference, but then Ted died and now they are using this as their rallying cry? They just needed something to divert attention away from thosw who dislike this bill for what it includes. Now they have their reasons for ignoring us.

Please let there be a revolution. So many of these schmucks in Congress need to go. It's time to bring down the elite.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Would Fox news ever run an ad supporting the health care bill? I'm sure everyone knows the answer to that question so I'm not sure why everyone is so outraged.

It IS getting pretty ridiculous that ALL TV stations are now being so obvious about whom they are politically aligned with. We should have access to information coming from both sides of the issue. But we can't get that anymore by watching just one network.

--Edited to make my point more succinct.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Greedy doctors vs. greedy drug companies, puppet politicians, disabled old people, swine flu around the corner, manditory vaccinations, record homeless and unemployed,
"What a mess."

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Please people, there are some idiotic, unfounded, uneducated and ignorant views being exposed here. I really feel ashamed for ATS, that even here there are people regurgitating unfounded propoganda about the US healthcare debate. Deny ignorance and do some fact checking people.

Countries with single payer healthcare systems like the UK and Canada tend never to repel such a system. Why is that? I'd be willing to bet that if you asked any average person in the street (in one of these countries) that over 99% of them would be against scrapping that healthcare system.

You only need to look at one fact to show how corrupt the American system is. The fact that the US government is restricted by law from negotiating lower prices for medicines, is ludicrous. How the hell is that competitive capitalism? It's monopolistic protectionism for the old boy network.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Okay ive been reading this site for a while now, and i enjoy both sides of arguments. But i had to join just so i could post this.

I have a massive problem with this commercial seing as i AM canadian.

I am honestly shocked that a website so devoted to uncovering liars would so freely back garbage like this.

That sweeping statement at the end of how its not working in Canada or in Europe give me a break!!!!

Its time you guys woke up, we use that phrase on here all the time but you never see your own issues as American, way to be 49th in the world in health care!! You say your the worlds dominant country? Than how about taking care of your own citizens, but of course you dont see them as that if they are different they are un-american.
Im glad they didnt run this propaganda, its lies and everyone on here telling everybody to read the bills they will be afraid, read up on Canada and Eurpoean health care the only people that have problems with it are AMERICANS!!!!!!!!
This infuriates me especially on here with all these death camp talks and stuff like that, your so worried your government is gonna round you all up and murder you that you cant even see a logical thing when its in your face. Ultimatly you all will have to lay in the bed you made for yourselves and i damn well hope you have enough money to pay for it!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I had to LOL at this video!

He says there are not enough Doctors and this will cause delays, rationing etc.

So is he saying there are enough Doctors now but there won't be if the bill passes?

Is he saying that should the bill pass there will be a sudden rush of Americans into his office that were not there before?

Where were these people before? Did they need treatment and he turned them away in the past?

It takes but a moment to see this video for what it is

Fearmongering aimed at Seniors.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
OMG, if we give health care to the poor there won't be enough for us with money. We the lucky ones with jobs and good income, maybe inherited wealth will have to wait in line with all those poor people to get care. Well I'm only interested in myself and mine, let the poor die, let them suffer because if I get sick I want my hospital to have a vacant bed ready for my ass. Let the poor suffer for I don't want them taking up time and space I might need.

Frankly some of the remarks here make me sick, the stupidity, the self concern without thought to others suffering and ills, the egocentric attitudes, it is a sorry example of a caring society.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wonderful.

I watched the ad and have one question. Am I correct by inferring that since "they" don't have enough doctors to help the 50 Million "new patients" that we MUST CONTINUE to leave these needy patients WITHOUT doctors?

I believe I am "very" correct with this interpretation of Dr Cuffe's "warning."

Dr Cuffe has addressed an issue and has determined that it is better to have 50 Million patients without doctors to stay unattended as opposed to considering that acquiring more doctors may be a good thing. Perhaps Dr Cuffe feels that the security of his high paying job is at risk. With more doctors, Dr Cuffe may not be as "essential" or unique with his skills - thus making him less financially valuable.

A complete overhaul of the "business" of health care is needed. STARTING with a Hypocratically correct approach - which would be to want to and need to help those who need it.

I find it amazing that there are doctors - Doctor's Without Borders - who don't have a problem working for "free" yet to suggest that we could have MORE DOCTORS who are - perhaps - paid a LITTLE less or a LOT less - but who still maintain a great standard of living - seems a "no-go" situation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join